Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
projund

Post by projund »

aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thanks for the redo projund.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

projund wrote:Story 63: The Three Feathers
6:23
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_063_grimm_128kb.mp3
hey, so glad you could make another recording. This one is DEFINITELY the correct source text :thumbs:

As I already said before, your narrative qualities are absolutely fine, and it's a pleasure to listen to. In some parts I would have made a bit less long pauses between sentences, but all in all it's fine and not disturbing to listen to. So no need to change that here, but maybe think about it for another reading.

The reading was flawless, and the technical specs are totally the way LV requires 8-)

There are only two small things to correct before I can mark this section ok...

> at 0:23: “There was once on a time a King who had three sons, of whom two were clever and wise, but the third did not speak much, and was simple, and was called the Simpleton.” – this entire first sentence is missing, could you add it in please ?

> at 6:17: end silence should only be 5 seconds, you have almost 7, could you cut it down one second please ?

Please re-upload with the same file-name, and once the sentence is correctly inserted, this section will be finished :clap:

thanks !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hahahaha, I was laughing out loud here with the story of the Swabians. The Germans often make fun of the Swabian people :mrgreen: but these really are too much. The episode with the hare made me think of Monty Python with the Killer Rabbit :lol: I loved that you gave them all different voices while speaking in the hare-episode :thumbs:

Oh and I was so delighted at the end to hear they had to cross the Mosella near Treves. That would mean they would cross into Luxembourg !!!! Treves is only 40 minutes away by car from where I live. Good thing these idiots did not manage to invade my country :roll:

The first story with the army-surgeons was also great, especially the funny quip at the end: "they would rather have had their own proper organs" :mrgreen:

Both stories PL ok. Thanks, Tomas

Sonia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Woo hoo! We are now 90% complete!! Thanks everyone, especially out very up to the minute DPL Sonia! :9:
projund

Post by projund »

Kitty wrote:
> at 0:23: “There was once on a time a King who had three sons, of whom two were clever and wise, but the third did not speak much, and was simple, and was called the Simpleton.” – this entire first sentence is missing, could you add it in please ?
OH NO!! How did I miss that... I'll get that for you by the end of the week. Work has been heavier than originally predicted. haha
Rogthey

Post by Rogthey »

114. The cunning little tailer. 08:34 min

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_114_grimm_128kb.mp3

A more lighthearted story than the last one, I promise :lol:
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Tomas Peter
EvaK

Post by EvaK »

Gruß
Eva
My reader page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Rogthey wrote:
114. The cunning little tailer. 08:34 min

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_114_grimm_128kb.mp3

A more lighthearted story than the last one, I promise :lol:
haha, indeed. The tailors in fairy tales are always cunning men. I wonder how much of this was true in reality :hmm:

Well read again, Rogthey :thumbs: didn't find any errors, so this is PL ok.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

perfect again, Tomas. You know I loooove your voices :9:

the first story reminded me of the fisherman and his wife. I can't believe the wife was so stupid to make the same mistake twice LOL

I liked the second story, very funny ! I had to giggle when you constantly said "all three of us, etc" :mrgreen:

Both PL ok. Thanks :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

EvaK wrote:Here comes Hans in Luck, section 83
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_083_grimm_128kb.mp3
13:52
Eva hallo !!!!! I think I never listened to you in English, but well done :9: Hans in Luck is such a classic and always funny :mrgreen:

No errors found and beautifully read, as always I can hear the smile and amusement out of your voice. PL ok

Sonia
Rogthey

Post by Rogthey »

Kitty wrote:The tailors in fairy tales are always cunning men. I wonder how much of this was true in reality :hmm:
Good point. Maybe if you did not have a job where you needed your muscles, you simple had to be smart instead? Nowadays tailers don´t make good heros :lol:
EvaK

Post by EvaK »

Hello Sonia,
glad you liked Hans. Here come The six servants, a story I especially loved as a child.
I have two or three inaccuracies as far as the wording goes, nothing to worry about, in my opinion. Hope you agree.

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_134_grimm_128kb.mp3
18:14
Gruß
Eva
My reader page