[COMPLETE]The Deluge (vol 2) by Henryk Sienkiewicz [HIST NOVEL]-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: May 7th, 2021, 11:08 pm
Rapunzelina wrote: May 5th, 2021, 2:49 pm I went through the Magic Window, and we're missing Chapter 24 (section 28), because the filename was replaced by Chapter 28 (section 32)

(posts from viewtopic.php?p=1723544#p1723544 to viewtopic.php?p=1725319#p1725319 )

and I can't find the original section 28. Its reader hasn't been active in about a year, so I think it will need to be re-opened.
Hi!
I wanted to suggest to make "section" word bold for a new template of launching a collaborative book project like.

Filename: mauprat_##_sand_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number (not a chapter number!). E.g. mauprat_01_sand_128kb.mp3.

It is currently looks like this

Filename: mauprat_##_sand_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. mauprat_01_sand_128kb.mp3)

But now I see that we have here
Save files as
128 kbps MP3
deluge2_##_sienkiewicz_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number
and it didn't help. :?
That's the default code given by the template generator. It can be easily amended by moving the markers around wne you generate the code. EDIT: DONE :thumbs:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
DavidYoung

Post by DavidYoung »

If you don't find the original file by Friday 14th May, would you like me to re-record it? If so, I could have it ready by the end of Sunday 16th May.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

DavidYoung wrote: May 9th, 2021, 1:48 am If you don't find the original file by Friday 14th May, would you like me to re-record it? If so, I could have it ready by the end of Sunday 16th May.
Ok, if we don't have the file back by then, you've got the job :thumbs:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
DavidYoung

Post by DavidYoung »

Here is the replacement for Section 28, chapter 24:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/deluge2_28_sienkiewicz_128kb.mp3
Length: 22 minutes and 5 seconds.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

This is PL OK :thumbs:
DavidYoung

Post by DavidYoung »

What happens next?

Does someone PL the entire set at some stage or adjust files for volume across the entire book? Come to think of it, is there going to be a version in one single file or will it be archived as a set?
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Next step is cataloguing. Depending on MC availability, and also the site archive.org where the files are hosted, this may take a while. There is an option at cataloguing that levels the volume.
Then the cataloguing process creates a set of 128 kbps files and a set of 64 kbps files. The 64 kbps ones also go into the zip file, created automatically. A volunteer would make a CD cover. Then a volunteer may also create an M4B file.
That's what I know at least; there might be even more happenings behind the scenes :D
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I have started the cataloguing process. I'll post when it finishes ...

added - do you want the same cover design as volume 1?
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

annise wrote: May 25th, 2021, 2:49 pm I have started the cataloguing process. I'll post when it finishes ...

added - do you want the same cover design as volume 1?
Ok. We can go with the same cover :)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All done.

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalogue page:https://librivox.org/the-deluge-volume-2-by-henryk-sienkiewicz/

Congratulations to Piotr and all who have contributed in any way - it's great to get longer and less well-known works into the catalogue'
:clap: :thumbs: :clap: :thumbs: :clap: :9:

Anne