[Complete] Harper's Young People, Issue 10 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Wanita

Post by Wanita »

Does anyone know how to pronounce moquim?
Wanita

Post by Wanita »

Or chigo? Or saüba?
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Hi Wanita.

Thanks for the section you've turned in. The file name can be corrected by Lynette on the back end of things so you shouldn't have to fix that this time. It looks like Jordan has requested some noise cleaning, let me know if you need any assistance with that.

As for pronunciation help, there is actually a section in the home page of the forum called Need Help?. In there is a post about getting pronunciation help and suggestions to you for finding help with that. I would suggest you look there first to see if you can get help.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks again,
Jill :)
thimble

Post by thimble »

jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Thank you!

Jill
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

Hi Thimble,

Firstly, you've not quite got the file name correct. It should be hyp010_06_various_128kb.mp3.

Secondly, while all the problems have been fixed, increasing the volume has also increased the background noise, which I feel is too high now.

As such, I recommend doing some noisecleaning.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.
thimble

Post by thimble »

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hyp010_06_various_128kb.mp3 11:38

Does this sound better, worse, or the same?
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

thimble wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hyp010_06_various_128kb.mp3 11:38

Does this sound better, worse, or the same?
It seems to be mostly the same, with a couple of the sections with no talking now quieter. The noise has not been reduced.

It seems you've got confused by what noise reduction is. You don't need to go through reducing the volume manually (assuming that's what you've done here).

If you follow the guide in the link I provided, you should be able to remove noise throughout, not just when you're not talking.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.
Wanita

Post by Wanita »

I am having a lot of technical issues with getting my finished recordings uploaded, also with finding pronunciations for some of the foreign words. Since I don't have the time online to figure it all out, I would like to be taken off for now.
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Wanita wrote:I am having a lot of technical issues with getting my finished recordings uploaded, also with finding pronunciations for some of the foreign words. Since I don't have the time online to figure it all out, I would like to be taken off for now.
Hi Wanita.

Thanks for your note and for letting me know about your section. I have removed your claim from Section 09.

I'm sorry you're experiencing frustration with the recording process. There are lots of people here who are glad to help so I hope you'll come back and try an easier section when you feel like you have more time. The early recordings can be the most frustrating as you're trying to figure out how everything works and get the technical details figured out. It gets easier and more fun once you get a few more recordings under your belt. All this is to say I hope that this doesn't discourage you from volunteering for LibriVox, we're very glad to have you here.

Thanks again!
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

I'll take Section 9 but it will be "poetic" not "operatic." :D
Get this one done!
Betty
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Hi Betty.

I actually just recorded section 9 a few minutes ago and was just coming in to claim. Do you still want to do it? I don't mind if you do but thought I'd let you know that I had the same impulse. :) And I also read it poetically. ;)

Jill
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

OK
Betty
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

I just turned in Section 10. Now off to edit Section 09.

jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Section 09 is uploaded and linked in the MW.

Also, I ran noise cleaning on Sections 04 and 06. Is that all that still needed to be done with them? That's what it looked like to me. If that's right, they are ready for spot PL.

Thanks Jordan.