Post by Ciufi »

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Ann

Audio, video, disco!
OwenCook

Post by OwenCook »

Hi team! I just wanted to check in and say that, although late, I'm finally at work on chapter 18 (recording, then editing). I was delayed by a lovely trip to Ireland and then by ordering a new and better microphone, which should hopefully improve my sound quality. Sorry to be late! I hope to be done editing before long.

All the best,
~~Owen
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OwenCook wrote:Hi team! I just wanted to check in and say that, although late, I'm finally at work on chapter 18 (recording, then editing). I was delayed by a lovely trip to Ireland and then by ordering a new and better microphone, which should hopefully improve my sound quality. Sorry to be late! I hope to be done editing before long.

All the best,
~~Owen

Now I'm jealous! I hope you had a great time in Ireland! No problem on your section, we have a couple of other sections besides yours, and I knew I could count on you. Thank you for checking in!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
OwenCook

Post by OwenCook »

icequeen wrote:Now I'm jealous! I hope you had a great time in Ireland! No problem on your section, we have a couple of other sections besides yours, and I knew I could count on you. Thank you for checking in!
Oh yes, it was wonderful! I've come back with some ideas for Irish-themed LibriVox projects, but that's another matter for another day. :-)

Here is the file for Chapter 18:
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/abrahamlincolnahistory6_18_hay_nicolay_128kb.mp3
Run time is 52:17.

I think the new microphone is a lot better, but I'm still not 100% happy with the sound quality; my S sounds now seem rather raspy for some reason. Any suggestions for how to fix this would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much,
~~Owen
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Thanks Owen!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapter 14 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
OwenCook

Post by OwenCook »

I'm sorry to be doing this, but I've uploaded a new version of chapter 18. I ran Checker and found that it was a little under the target volume, but hopefully this new file should hit it right:
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/abrahamlincolnahistory6_18_hay_nicolay_128kb.mp3
Run time is 52:17

Hope this won't be sowing too much confusion!

~~Owen
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OwenCook wrote:I'm sorry to be doing this, but I've uploaded a new version of chapter 18. I ran Checker and found that it was a little under the target volume, but hopefully this new file should hit it right:
Run time is 52:17

Hope this won't be sowing too much confusion!

~~Owen

Actually, this is good because I just finished listening to your section and you have fixed one of the little problems that I found. There are throat clearings at 20:35 and 38:36 that need to be edited out, but otherwise, everything else is great!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
OwenCook

Post by OwenCook »

Ahem-hem-hem... sorry about that! Here's the revised version of chapter 18:
Run time is now down to 52:16.

~~Owen
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OwenCook wrote:Ahem-hem-hem... sorry about that! Here's the revised version of chapter 18:
Run time is now down to 52:16.

~~Owen

Now chapter 18 is perfect! PL OK! Thanks Owen!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!