COMPLETE: The American Book of The Dog -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: September 25th, 2018, 7:35 am RE-uploaded Section 9 - Foxhound - after noticing some errors.
This section is jinxed for me: Just a couple of minutes ago I uploaded the original/un-edited file again.
THIS most recent upload has the corrections:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/americanbookofthedog_09_various_128kb.mp3 48:44

Some days it just doesn't pay to crawl out from under the rock.
Thanks, Bill. My apologies for not getting to this file way back when you first uploaded it. That was the very day my Mom was rushed to the emergency room with irregular heartbeat and had a psychotic event. I dropped several balls and am still picking them up. Looks like this worked out OK though. I will PL this TODAY!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 9 is PL OK.

I see what you mean. The author is a bit opinionated in spots, and his claim that dogs can inherit from their parents the tricks their parents learn, is absurd. Perhaps what he meant, but poorly expressed, is that a parent who quickly catches on to the hunting routine of its master (due to having strong hunting instincts to begin with, plus a desire to please the master), will likely have offspring who also catch on quickly too, in fact who catch on by hunting side by side with the trained parent.
sturnellabird

Post by sturnellabird »

It's wonderful to see the project fully assigned! This will be nice to listen to someday.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Here is section 10, The Basset Hound:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/americanbookofthedog_10_various_128kb.mp3

Running time: 18:21

Thanks! :)
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

msfry

Post by msfry »

Thank you, Laurence. Image
When 17 is posted, this project will be pretty much completed.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 10 is PL OK. Thanks, Roger. Good read, as always.
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Section 8 - The Deerhound
Wow, what a dog! I knew nothing about this breed. And so awesomely read. I wish I could experience a hunt. Thank you, Laurence.

Just a few housekeeping notes:
13:03 you skipped over the summary of points on Page 176, which having no title as it does in the other chapters, you might introduce it saying something like "Summary of Judging Points", then
Skull, value 10; nose and jaws, 5; and so on down the list.
17:40 Repeat "If you have such a bitch, it is best to..."
25:50 the moment the game would throw up their heads, I hear, "the moment would game would". Sounds weird :shock: .
OUTRO is missing. Should say "End of Section 8" followed by 5 seconds of silence.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 17, The Clumber Spaniel, has been reopened. It's the last section and will finish up this project.
msfry

Post by msfry »

As the reader has lost his recording capability for awhile, I made the few minor corrections and marked Section 8 PL OK.
Nuria

Post by Nuria »

msfry wrote: December 29th, 2018, 1:05 pm Section 17, The Clumber Spaniel, has been reopened. It's the last section and will finish up this project.
May I read it?
The first page is in medieval english, and I'm not fully sure about it...
But I would like to try :)
msfry

Post by msfry »

Certainly. Section 17 is yours.

You might start with the last line of the extract explaining what it is. "Extract from Dogges . . . during the reign of Queen Elizabeth". That would let people know you are reading archaic text. Then just do the best you can with it. :D
Nuria

Post by Nuria »

Thanks!
That's a great idea, I was a bit irritated when I looked at the text at first.
msfry

Post by msfry »

17 is uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/americanbookofthedog_17_various_128kb.mp3 36:25

I am inviting DavidReader, a new volunteer, to Proof Listen this file. If he does not accept, I will seek someone else.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: February 21st, 2019, 8:50 pm 17 is uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/americanbookofthedog_17_various_128kb.mp3 36:25

I am inviting DavidReader, a new volunteer, to Proof Listen this file. If he does not accept, I will seek someone else.
Michele, my plate is rather empty now.
If it will help, I'll PL your file.
Just lemme know.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison