COMPLETE [OPEN POETRY]The Poetry of South Africa,Alexander Wilmot-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Icaruslanding wrote:I'd be up for second 7 - The Desolate Valley
Section 7 is is assigned to you. Thanks!
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
smellyspice

Post by smellyspice »

silverquill wrote:
This is in the MW Ready for PL

You forgot to put the file length, so I just ran it through Checker and is 8:38

Thanks!
Oh, sorry! I was following the checklist on post #1. I noticed this book's posting is missing instructions I saw on another recording I did:

Code: Select all

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
Transfer of files (completed recordings) [b]Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
Perhaps you can add that to this post as a reminder? :)

Thanks,

Rob
Icaruslanding

Post by Icaruslanding »

silverquill wrote:
Icaruslanding wrote:I'd be up for second 7 - The Desolate Valley
Section 7 is is assigned to you. Thanks!
Thanks - I'll be in San Antonio this weekend but plan to try and knock this out next week
Icaruslanding

Post by Icaruslanding »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you!

You should always post the file length with this. I guess that got omitted from the page one instructions. Anyway, this one is 4:51. I've put it in the MW Ready for PL.
~ Larry
Icaruslanding

Post by Icaruslanding »

Duly noted sorry for the error
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Larry,

Added that bit back to the first post. I always do some clean up on what the template generator provides, and I guess in this case I cut out too much when I was removing the section on the [no longer required] metadata.

MaryAnn
carteki

Post by carteki »

S4 and S7 PL OK.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Larry,

Added that bit back to the first post. I always do some clean up on what the template generator provides, and I guess in this case I cut out too much when I was removing the section on the [no longer required] metadata.

MaryAnn
Or, it may have been me . . . Anyway, thanks for fixing that, MaryAnn!
~ Larry
Druid

Post by Druid »

Hi,

May I take:-

# 30, 80 and 108

Thanks,

Dru
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Druid wrote:Hi,

May I take:-

# 30, 80 and 108

Thanks,

Dru
Yes, and thank you!
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Larry

I must admit, I know next to nothing about the poetry of South Africa, :oops: so for instruction's sake, I'll participate in this project. :9:

Can I start right at the end, please: 113. In Memoriam, 114. Lord! What Is Man That Thou Art Mindful of Him!, 115. The Rhyme of the Ox-wagon and 116. The Cape of Good Hope

Sonia
IanSavage

Post by IanSavage »

hey I'm new to this whole thing but I've done recording before i just haven't done anything for libravox yet. id like yo read ocean sunset but I'm not quite sure who to talk to about that. thanks in advance to anyone who can help me :D :help:
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kitty wrote:Hi Larry

I must admit, I know next to nothing about the poetry of South Africa, :oops: so for instruction's sake, I'll participate in this project. :9:

Can I start right at the end, please: 113. In Memoriam, 114. Lord! What Is Man That Thou Art Mindful of Him!, 115. The Rhyme of the Ox-wagon and 116. The Cape of Good Hope

Sonia
Thanks for joining us, Sonia! I've assigned those sections to you.
This is new to me, too, which is one of the reasons I selected this volume of poetry. I think it will be a great addition to the LV catalog. :D
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

IanSavage wrote:hey I'm new to this whole thing but I've done recording before i just haven't done anything for libravox yet. id like yo read ocean sunset but I'm not quite sure who to talk to about that. thanks in advance to anyone who can help me :D :help:
Welcome, Ian!

The first thing to do is read all of the FAQ pages on volunteering. That will give you a good overview of how LibriVox works. Make sure you have your recording set up and all of the specs set, then complete your one-minute test as outlined in your welcome message. That is just a check to make sure that your recording meets LibriVox technical specs. Then select a poem that you would like to record. Post the request here, along with the name you would like to use for the LV catalog. Many of us use our real name, but you may use your screen name or other pseudonym if you like.

Let me know if you have further questions.

All the best,
Larry
~ Larry