LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently December 17th, 2017, 12:31 pm


Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 7 of 16  [ 228 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next

Author Message
Offline
Post Posted:: June 29th, 2017, 7:42 am 

Joined: November 28th, 2015, 7:47 am
Posts: 1076
Location: Florida
Basquetteur suggestion:
Quote:
It seems you are considering the possibility to have also texts in Spanish relating to the topic of the need of a public library. I think one potential candidate might be the "Decreto orgánico y reglamento de la Biblioteca Nacional dados por S.M. en 3 y en 7 de enero de 1857.", the decree that gave a new impulse (perhaps not necessarily a key or decisive one) to the already existing at the time Spanish National Library (BNE) in 1857. May be it is not necessary to include the whole regulation or decree but just the introductory message (I think to the Queen) and the decree, both from the Minister of Education Claudio Moyano, and not the details of the regulation.

The text is here in the HathiTrust for example:

https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/009277443

...May be some of the very good readers in Spanish or newly arrived readers in search for texts to read might consider this suggestion. ... may be there is a remote chance that there are people looking for texts to read for this topic.

Details of the history of the BNE are in the Spanish wikipedia. The English version contains much less details.

_________________
My previous LV work: Bellona Times


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 5th, 2017, 9:01 am 

Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm
Posts: 91
I would like to read Section 12, the Paine piece, please.

Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 5th, 2017, 12:09 pm 

Joined: November 28th, 2015, 7:47 am
Posts: 1076
Location: Florida
MW updated re 12; thanks!

_________________
My previous LV work: Bellona Times


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 7th, 2017, 10:11 am 

Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Posts: 3599
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I'd like to claim Section 1, but it's 15,300 words, which I don't think will fit in an hour.

_________________
Michele Fry, CC
My Projects
"When you change the way you look at things, things you look at change."
.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 7th, 2017, 10:40 am 

Joined: November 28th, 2015, 7:47 am
Posts: 1076
Location: Florida
msfry wrote:
I'd like to claim Section 1, but it's 15,300 words, which I don't think will fit in an hour.


We can split it into two or three sections if you want to give it a go. 49 pages divided by three, @ 16.3 pgs per section. Try recording the first section to see how long it is in duration, then estimate from there for the subsequent two.

_________________
My previous LV work: Bellona Times


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 7th, 2017, 1:45 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Posts: 28060
Location: Melbourne,Australia
That's going to cause problems with the section numbers for the already read ones. My only suggestion that would cause the minimum disruption would be to place your current 1 section with "Where neighbours meet and put this section split into 2 or 3 last. That will leave the already read sections in their correct places so the intros and outros work
If you are happy with that please say and I will do it.

Anne

_________________
Our objective is to make all books in the public domain available, for free, in audio format on the internet. - Hugh McGuire.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 7th, 2017, 2:58 pm 

Joined: November 28th, 2015, 7:47 am
Posts: 1076
Location: Florida
So you're saying the reader (msfry, if she wants to do this) 's first section would go into Section 1, and the subsequent entries at the bottom of the MW as added sections? If it all lines up at the end of the project on Internet Archive, that would work for me.

_________________
My previous LV work: Bellona Times


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 8th, 2017, 6:54 pm 

Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Posts: 3599
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
This project seems quite important. I would like to claim 1 and 14.

_________________
Michele Fry, CC
My Projects
"When you change the way you look at things, things you look at change."
.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 8th, 2017, 7:02 pm 

Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Posts: 3599
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
VfkaBT wrote:
msfry wrote:
I'd like to claim Section 1, but it's 15,300 words, which I don't think will fit in an hour.


We can split it into two or three sections if you want to give it a go. 49 pages divided by three, @ 16.3 pgs per section. Try recording the first section to see how long it is in duration, then estimate from there for the subsequent two.
Okay. I read approximately 165 words a minute. That means this file would be 92 minutes in duration. If I divided it approximately in half, that would make 2 sections of about 46 minutes each in duration, or 3 sections of approximately 30 minutes each in duration. This would require either 2 sections, or 3 sections. I can find appropriate dividing lines once given the parameters of 2 or 3 sections.

_________________
Michele Fry, CC
My Projects
"When you change the way you look at things, things you look at change."
.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 8th, 2017, 7:06 pm 

Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Posts: 3599
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Just letting you know, though I have posted to this topic and it shows I am subscribed to this topic, I did not receive notice of posts just previous to my last post. I only found it by revisiting the site on my own. Maybe that needs attention?

_________________
Michele Fry, CC
My Projects
"When you change the way you look at things, things you look at change."
.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 9th, 2017, 10:22 am 

Joined: November 28th, 2015, 7:47 am
Posts: 1076
Location: Florida
msfry wrote:
VfkaBT wrote:
msfry wrote:
I'd like to claim Section 1, but it's 15,300 words, which I don't think will fit in an hour.


We can split it into two or three sections if you want to give it a go. 49 pages divided by three, @ 16.3 pgs per section. Try recording the first section to see how long it is in duration, then estimate from there for the subsequent two.
Okay. I read approximately 165 words a minute. That means this file would be 92 minutes in duration. If I divided it approximately in half, that would make 2 sections of about 46 minutes each in duration, or 3 sections of approximately 30 minutes each in duration. This would require either 2 sections, or 3 sections. I can find appropriate dividing lines once given the parameters of 2 or 3 sections.


I think three half-hour chunks would be best. These are a series of short articles by several writers, so it might be less overwhelming to the listener, and (especially for librarians who are into the roots of their profession) perfect for lunch breaks. ;)

I'll add you to the MW.

_________________
My previous LV work: Bellona Times


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 9th, 2017, 10:25 am 

Joined: November 28th, 2015, 7:47 am
Posts: 1076
Location: Florida
msfry wrote:
This project seems quite important. I would like to claim 1 and 14.


Did you mean section 4? 14 has already been assigned.

_________________
My previous LV work: Bellona Times


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 9th, 2017, 12:11 pm 

Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Posts: 3599
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
VfkaBT wrote:
msfry wrote:
This project seems quite important. I would like to claim 1 and 14.
Did you mean section 4? 14 has already been assigned.
No, I think I'll stick to Section 1, so take me off of 4. I tried to check out the other open ones but I can't find those text links by name.

_________________
Michele Fry, CC
My Projects
"When you change the way you look at things, things you look at change."
.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 9th, 2017, 12:20 pm 

Joined: November 28th, 2015, 7:47 am
Posts: 1076
Location: Florida
I've removed you from four, sorry.

I'm taking on the Kate Chopin chapter myself.

_________________
My previous LV work: Bellona Times


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 9th, 2017, 12:44 pm 

Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Posts: 3599
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
While I await instructions how to divide up Section 1, I can just begin reading. Let me know when you figure things out.

_________________
Michele Fry, CC
My Projects
"When you change the way you look at things, things you look at change."
.


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group