LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 20th, 2017, 10:54 am


Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 9 of 14  [ 196 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next

Author Message
Offline
Post Posted:: July 12th, 2017, 1:50 pm 

Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm
Posts: 503
I guess you better, and please check the file name. I listened to the link in your message (which looks right to me):

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hauntedlondon_24_thornbury_128kb.mp3

and got the version w/o the part 1 in it.

_________________
Tom Penn


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 12th, 2017, 2:24 pm 

Joined: July 27th, 2016, 6:26 pm
Posts: 376
Ok, here's Section 24 again:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hauntedlondon_24_thornbury_128kb.mp3 [46:53]

When I re-recorded the intro, I overwrote the original file, so this is the only version to which I have access. Hope it plays properly for you :)

_________________
Linda Johnson


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 12th, 2017, 2:29 pm 

Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm
Posts: 503
Please do me a favor and click on the link in your last post and listen to what you get. What I am hearing is
"Chapter 14 of Haunted London..."

Maybe Librivox is having a server problem? Or am I stuck in Groundhog Day?

_________________
Tom Penn


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 12th, 2017, 2:32 pm 

Joined: July 27th, 2016, 6:26 pm
Posts: 376
Penumbra wrote:
Please do me a favor and click on the link in your last post and listen to what you get. What I am hearing is
"Chapter 14 of Haunted London..."

Maybe Librivox is having a server problem? Or am I stuck in Groundhog Day?


Something weird is going on - when I click the post itself as you suggest, it says "Chapter 14 part 1 of Haunted London"

_________________
Linda Johnson


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 12th, 2017, 2:33 pm 

Joined: July 27th, 2016, 6:26 pm
Posts: 376
Maybe if you shut down and then re-enter, it will release the cached version..?

_________________
Linda Johnson


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 12th, 2017, 2:44 pm 

Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm
Posts: 503
I got out of my browser (firefox), then back in, and it was still the old version.
I got out of my browser and into a different browser (chrome), and I got "chapter 14 part 1" !!

So thanks for the suggestion. I was about ready to go to a different computer. :D

Section 24 is PL OK again! :clap:

Now I need to see about firefox cache. I wonder what else it has been hanging onto. :hmm:

_________________
Tom Penn


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 12th, 2017, 2:53 pm 

Joined: July 27th, 2016, 6:26 pm
Posts: 376
Wow, crazy! Glad you got it though.

_________________
Linda Johnson


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 17th, 2017, 5:02 pm 

Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 12:10 pm
Posts: 42
Hi, Tom:

Third time's the charm, right? :)

Here's the link to the new upload:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hauntedlondon_21_thornbury_128kb.mp3

I think I caught everything you mentioned. Thanks for your help and your patience!

Susan


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 18th, 2017, 11:41 am 

Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm
Posts: 503
susanjhudson wrote:
Hi, Tom:

Third time's the charm, right? :)

Here's the link to the new upload:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hauntedlondon_21_thornbury_128kb.mp3

I think I caught everything you mentioned. Thanks for your help and your patience!

Susan

Third time is, indeed, the charm. Section 21 is PL OK! :clap:
Thank you!

_________________
Tom Penn


Top
 Profile  
Online
Post Posted:: July 18th, 2017, 12:33 pm 

Joined: February 5th, 2017, 4:22 am
Posts: 72
Location: By sea, Away from computer until 25/08
I have another question about currency! I saw a helpful answer earlier in the forum and need some advice on how to read these (no shilling or pence signs):

Would £ 026 be 26s or 2s 6d?

£006 6pence or 6 shillings?

£0 10 0 would be 10 shillings?

I assume that the former in each case is true and that the pence are left out sometimes but would appreciate confirmation as there is a long list of costs!


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 18th, 2017, 2:34 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 11536
Location: Oregon, United States
emmacharliebrowning wrote:
I have another question about currency! I saw a helpful answer earlier in the forum and need some advice on how to read these (no shilling or pence signs):

Would £ 026 be 26s or 2s 6d?

£006 6pence or 6 shillings?

£0 10 0 would be 10 shillings?

I assume that the former in each case is true and that the pence are left out sometimes but would appreciate confirmation as there is a long list of costs!


Hi... thanks for asking 8-)
The only one I am absolutely sure of is the last.... Yes, 10 shillings.
There would usually be spaces, if not symbols, but I can guess.
As for the others. I would think the first is 2 shillings and 6 pence (or '2 and 6') -- there were 20 shillings in a pound, so unlikely to go over 20 in the shillings column :)

If you want to check to see how close you are, this website gives prices for various things in 1888 London -- so you can see if you are way off
http://www.victorianweb.org/economics/wages4.html
The other, I would expect to be six pence (say 'six'p'nce' as one word)

_________________
Help us finish:

The Last Egyptian 14 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 7 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 20th, 2017, 12:18 pm 

Joined: May 24th, 2017, 5:58 am
Posts: 6
Penumbra wrote:
efisher wrote:

Very nicely read! Thank you!
I have only one item for your attention, and it is a simple one. On this project the silence at the end of a recording of this length should be about 10 seconds. I measure the silence in this file as being almost 14 and a half seconds. If you could shorten it to about 10 seconds (say, between 9.5 and 10.5 seconds) that would be perfect. Thank you.


Here is the shortened version https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hauntedlondon_19_thornbury_128kb.mp3 [47:01]


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 20th, 2017, 1:54 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 11536
Location: Oregon, United States
efisher wrote:
Penumbra wrote:
efisher wrote:

Very nicely read! Thank you!
I have only one item for your attention, and it is a simple one. On this project the silence at the end of a recording of this length should be about 10 seconds. I measure the silence in this file as being almost 14 and a half seconds. If you could shorten it to about 10 seconds (say, between 9.5 and 10.5 seconds) that would be perfect. Thank you.


Here is the shortened version https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hauntedlondon_19_thornbury_128kb.mp3 [47:01]

Thank you

_________________
Help us finish:

The Last Egyptian 14 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 7 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 21st, 2017, 7:33 am 

Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm
Posts: 503
efisher wrote:

Section 19 is PL OK! :clap:
Thank you!

_________________
Tom Penn


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 31st, 2017, 7:29 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 11536
Location: Oregon, United States
We have an orphan!

_________________
Help us finish:

The Last Egyptian 14 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 7 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group