LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 5:21 pm


Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 4 of 9  [ 132 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Author Message
Offline
Post Posted:: April 9th, 2017, 4:00 pm 

Joined: October 14th, 2016, 2:08 pm
Posts: 13
Hey just wanted to let you know that I had some unexpected schedule changes so the timing that I planned to get my section done didn't work out. I was hoping I could still get it done in time but I haven't finished editing it yet and probably won't be able to for a couple days. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll try to get it edited as soon as I can (the recording is all done unless I notice something I have to re-record)


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 9th, 2017, 4:10 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 11573
Location: Oregon, United States
DonaldH wrote:
Hey just wanted to let you know that I had some unexpected schedule changes so the timing that I planned to get my section done didn't work out. I was hoping I could still get it done in time but I haven't finished editing it yet and probably won't be able to for a couple days. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll try to get it edited as soon as I can (the recording is all done unless I notice something I have to re-record)

That's fine. This is moving slowly, so you're not holding anything up.

_________________
Help us finish:

The Last Egyptian 7 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 7 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 16th, 2017, 1:40 pm 

Joined: October 14th, 2016, 2:08 pm
Posts: 13
I just finished the editing but I couldn't find what the metadata needed to be when the file is exported to MP3. I might have just missed it, but if you could let me know so I can upload it that would be great.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 16th, 2017, 6:35 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 11573
Location: Oregon, United States
DonaldH wrote:
I just finished the editing but I couldn't find what the metadata needed to be when the file is exported to MP3. I might have just missed it, but if you could let me know so I can upload it that would be great.


You can always find that information in the first post... it is somewhat formulaic, but with long titles, the book coordinator may edit it (and collections have their own formula).
In this case, export as ghostcamp_##_boldrewood_128kb.mp3 (where ## is the section number from the Magic Window). Then use the uploader (link also in the first post) and in the drop-down menu for MC choose me, that is Lynnet. Upload your MP3, then copy the link here and I will add it to the Magic Window for proof listening.
Lynne

_________________
Help us finish:

The Last Egyptian 7 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 7 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 17th, 2017, 2:06 pm 

Joined: October 14th, 2016, 2:08 pm
Posts: 13
Lynnet wrote:
DonaldH wrote:
I just finished the editing but I couldn't find what the metadata needed to be when the file is exported to MP3. I might have just missed it, but if you could let me know so I can upload it that would be great.


You can always find that information in the first post... it is somewhat formulaic, but with long titles, the book coordinator may edit it (and collections have their own formula).
In this case, export as ghostcamp_##_boldrewood_128kb.mp3 (where ## is the section number from the Magic Window). Then use the uploader (link also in the first post) and in the drop-down menu for MC choose me, that is Lynnet. Upload your MP3, then copy the link here and I will add it to the Magic Window for proof listening.
Lynne


I saw all of that, I was referring to this field that comes up when you export to mp3: http://prnt.sc/exlea4
For some reason I was remembering that something had to be put in those slots. I just left them empty, but if something does need to be put into them I can re-upload it.

Anyway, here's the link to the recording
http://uploads.librivox.org/lynnet/ghostcamp_01_boldrewood_128kb.mp3


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 17th, 2017, 2:20 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 11573
Location: Oregon, United States
DonaldH wrote:
Lynnet wrote:
DonaldH wrote:
I just finished the editing but I couldn't find what the metadata needed to be when the file is exported to MP3. I might have just missed it, but if you could let me know so I can upload it that would be great.


You can always find that information in the first post... it is somewhat formulaic, but with long titles, the book coordinator may edit it (and collections have their own formula).
In this case, export as ghostcamp_##_boldrewood_128kb.mp3 (where ## is the section number from the Magic Window). Then use the uploader (link also in the first post) and in the drop-down menu for MC choose me, that is Lynnet. Upload your MP3, then copy the link here and I will add it to the Magic Window for proof listening.
Lynne


I saw all of that, I was referring to this field that comes up when you export to mp3: http://prnt.sc/exlea4
For some reason I was remembering that something had to be put in those slots. I just left them empty, but if something does need to be put into them I can re-upload it.

Anyway, here's the link to the recording
http://uploads.librivox.org/lynnet/ghostcamp_01_boldrewood_128kb.mp3


Aah, I misunderstood... I know those as ID Tags 8-) We used to have to fill those out, but we had a huge upgrade a while back, and now they are filled in automatically. Some readers like to fill out the information for their own benefit (I guess... but I can't see what benefit :hmm: ) but when a book goes to the catalog, the system just over-writes everything in there anyway so you were right to leave them blank, unless you needed typing practice :lol:

Just one thing, though... we do need to know the file length in mm:ss.
Lynne

_________________
Help us finish:

The Last Egyptian 7 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 7 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 19th, 2017, 6:14 am 

Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Wisconsin
PL NOTES:

SECTION 01 - Chapter I

PL OK

_________________
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 2nd, 2017, 5:48 pm 

Joined: May 2nd, 2017, 1:38 am
Posts: 5
I would like to be assigned Section 8 of The Ghost Camp. This will be my first recording. My name is Jasen Taylor. Thanks.

Jasen


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 3rd, 2017, 5:43 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 11573
Location: Oregon, United States
jajtaylo wrote:
I would like to be assigned Section 8 of The Ghost Camp. This will be my first recording. My name is Jasen Taylor. Thanks.

Jasen


Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run. Please be sure to complete this within 7 days.
I will add you to the catalog of readers. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Just a warning: these sections are very long and are a bit daunting even for experienced readers. You have two months to complete your section (longer if you ask) so you might want to try something shorter first. Your choice.
Lynne
Lynne

_________________
Help us finish:

The Last Egyptian 7 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 7 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 3rd, 2017, 1:15 pm 

Joined: May 2nd, 2017, 1:38 am
Posts: 5
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum
Lynne
Lynne[/quote]

I have just completed my test and posted it in the appropriate forum. I welcome any input. I have looked over the chapter of the book that I have requested and I think I can handle it. I like a challenge.

Jasen


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 3rd, 2017, 5:24 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 11573
Location: Oregon, United States
jajtaylo wrote:
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum
Lynne
Lynne


I have just completed my test and posted it in the appropriate forum. I welcome any input. I have looked over the chapter of the book that I have requested and I think I can handle it. I like a challenge.

Jasen[/quote]
Once you get the OK, go for it 8-)

_________________
Help us finish:

The Last Egyptian 7 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 7 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 27th, 2017, 3:55 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 11573
Location: Oregon, United States
Sections 8 and 9 are ready for PL.

_________________
Help us finish:

The Last Egyptian 7 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 7 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 28th, 2017, 12:56 pm 

Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Wisconsin
I just want to let everyone know that I will be leaving next week Friday, 8/4/17 and will not return home until Tuesday, 8/15/17. During this time I will not be able to PL, and will most likely not be in the forums...much. But I will catch up upon return! I am taking the family to Jellystone Campground. Thank you all!

_________________
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 1st, 2017, 5:51 am 

Joined: July 31st, 2017, 3:59 pm
Posts: 233
I'll PL Part 8.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 1st, 2017, 5:56 am 

Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Wisconsin
GillH wrote:
I'll PL Part 8.


Well, there is a bit to know before PLing, but if Lynne is good with it, it is fine with me. Lynne?

_________________
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group