COMPLETE The Mysteries of Paris by Eugene Sue Vol 2 -mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

The Mysteries of Paris by Eugène Sue Volume 2 (1804 - 1857).

This project is now complete and can be found in our catalog here: https://librivox.org/the-mysteries-of-paris-volume-2-by-eugene-sue/

Rodolphe, who is really the Grand Duke of Gerolstein (a fictional kingdom of Germany) but is disguised as a Parisian worker. He can speak in argot, is extremely strong and a good fighter. However he shows great compassion for the lower classes, good judgment, and has a brilliant mind. He is at ease in all layers of society and so is able to understand their problems, and how the different social classes are linked. (Summary by Michele Eaton )
  1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.

Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
  4. Where do I find the text?
    Source text: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/33801
  5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.
  6. Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Please only read from the google docs as some of the chapters are too long for one file. The links are in the MW

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  7. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  8. DURING recording:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    START of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of The Mysteries of Paris Volume 2 . This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The Mysteries of Paris,Volume 2 by Eugène Sue. [Chapter]"

END of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Mysteries of Paris, Volume 2 by Eugène Sue. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  9. AFTER recording
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
    Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    mysteriesofparisvol2_##_sue_128kb (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. mysteriesofparisvol2_01_sue_128kb)
  10. Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
    Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
  11. Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by wib66 on June 4th, 2017, 4:02 am, edited 6 times in total.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I will also PL this project thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Michele,
I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up.
MaryAnn
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Michele - this is volume 2 isn't it ?

Anne
wib66

Post by wib66 »

annise wrote:Michele - this is volume 2 isn't it ?

Anne
Gosh sorry yes I forgot about that bit
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Michele,
I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up.
MaryAnn
Thanks MaryAnn
I have now updated the MW to reflect that this is Volume 2. Please can you edit the thread about this title

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37671

thanks
Michele
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Updates made!
MaryAnn
wib66

Post by wib66 »

thanks
Michele
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Michelle,

At some point, can you get the MW filled in with section titles?

Thanks.

MaryAnn
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi MaryAnn
Yes will get this sorted. I am not sure if something has happened to my account but I have not had any notifications for ages through my email. I have pm'd TriciaG about it so hopefully there may be a solution at some point.
Michele
blenner

Post by blenner »

I'd be happy to volunteer to read chapter one part one :)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

blenner wrote:I'd be happy to volunteer to read chapter one part one :)
Welcome to LibriVox! Thanks, I can sign you up to that section. However please don't record until you have read the following information and submitted a 1 - minute test(see below) and got the ok to proceed with recording. I also need to know how you would like your name to appear in the catalogue. This can be your real name, your forum name or a pseudonym thanks.

If you wish to try your hand at recording, the place to start is the Newbie Guide to Recording: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording, which tells you how to set up your computer to record.

Please make sure you complete the "1 Minute Test" for review before you start actively recording any chapters for projects. This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.

viewforum.php?f=21

You may like to introduce yourself to the community in the "introduce yourself" forum: http://forum.librivox.org/viewforum.php?f=17

An overview of how Librivox works can be found here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/How_LibriVox_Works

There are numerous ways to volunteer here. An important one is proof-listening, which consists of checking someone's recording for errors. If you'd like to give that a try, you can find lots of information here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guide_for_Proof-listeners
One of our volunteers has created a number of videos that you might find helpful to learn more about the workings of Librivox. You can find a listing of those here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/User:Philchenevert

Also to point out to professional (or aspiring) Voice Over artists, all our recordings are put back into the public domain which means sometimes they are sold on ebay, etc. Have a look at this page which describes our Public Domain policy: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Copyright_and_Public_Domain

We hope you have fun and please, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
Michele
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Hi!

I'd like to take on Sections 2, 3, 4 but first I would like to know how to read the following examples. I have no clue what to say instead of the BLANK. :)

Allow me," said the Count de ——,

The Viscount de Saint-Remy, conducted by the Count de ——,

Thanks, Céline
Celine
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

It looks like Section 1 was claimed a while ago. If it's now available I'll take that one first.:)
Celine
wib66

Post by wib66 »

MamaGeek wrote:It looks like Section 1 was claimed a while ago. If it's now available I'll take that one first.:)
Hi yes as it has now been a month and I have not heard with the reader so will assign section 1 to 4 to you

as for the blank space we usually say 'Count Blank' as we do not know what the word is supposed to be. Hope that is ok.

Thanks
Michele