Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
EstherbenSimonides

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
readinglover

Post by readinglover »

Hi Rachel,
Just wanted to let you know I uploaded another test after reading advice from Tony. Hope this one does the trick! :clap:
Gaynor
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

readinglover wrote:Hi Rachel,
Just wanted to let you know I uploaded another test after reading advice from Tony. Hope this one does the trick! :clap:
Gaynor
Great! :thumbs:
EstherbenSimonides wrote:Here's Chapter 30:
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/paul_30_kingsley_128kb.mp3
10:28
I'm competing in the Bible Bee this summer, so it's cool to see how many of the passages quoted in that chapter are memory passages!
Thanks! :D
Thank you :)

Bible Bee sounds like fun!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
readinglover

Post by readinglover »

Hi,
Between picking paint colors for living room and the rest of life :) I have been going through the chapters for acting words and pronunciations and am having trouble finding one for Lix. It is spoken by Demetrius, a Greek. I have found lish as in fish or lahks or should I simply use lix as in Alix? Any suggestions welcome :) Thanks
Gaynor
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

I have no idea, I would probably go with lix as in alix, but I could be wrong. :) Use whatever sounds best to you, just make sure to keep in consistent within the chapter if it appears more than once.
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
EstherbenSimonides

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

The general rule on pronunciation is, pick a pronunciation, say it confidently, and no one will know the difference. :D
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
readinglover

Post by readinglover »

readinglover

Post by readinglover »

Thanks, Rachel! :D
readinglover

Post by readinglover »

I've finally got the right set up for recording--had to move the clock, though :shock: :) so am working on the edits to Paul Herald Of The Cross chapter 34 now. They hopefully will be ready by the end of the week. :D
Gaynor
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Great! :D
Rachel

readinglover

Post by readinglover »

I'm listening to my recording and it sounds horrible! :mrgreen: Even though I was speaking as clearly as I can when recording, and the mic was the appropriate distance away for volume, and the db level was checked at 88% the words are unclear for the most part. What could I be doing wrong? I hate the way my voice sounds on tape/digital at the best of times, but this makes me want to give up all together. Help!!!!
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

readinglover wrote:I'm listening to my recording and it sounds horrible! :mrgreen: Even though I was speaking as clearly as I can when recording, and the mic was the appropriate distance away for volume, and the db level was checked at 88% the words are unclear for the most part. What could I be doing wrong? I hate the way my voice sounds on tape/digital at the best of times, but this makes me want to give up all together. Help!!!!
It is normal for your voice to sound different after being digitally recorded as compared to the vibrations you hear through the bones in your head when you listen to yourself speak. It takes a bit of getting used to for everyone who records.

It would be helpful to listen to the file, before we can help or make suggestions, so that we know what we are talking about. Please upload (use the file naming from the first post, please) and post a link in this thread here or in the "Need Help? Got Advice?" forum.

David O
readinglover

Post by readinglover »

Will do, thanks David
Gaynor
readinglover

Post by readinglover »

A question before I send. What do you mean by "file naming from first post"? Do I use the title of the book and chapter number? Sorry to be so dense :?
Thanks,
Gaynor
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

readinglover wrote:A question before I send. What do you mean by "file naming from first post"? Do I use the title of the book and chapter number? Sorry to be so dense :?
Thanks,
Gaynor
Gaynor,

I am referring to this.
Save files as
128 kbps MP3
paul_##_kingsley_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. paul_01_kingsley_128kb.mp3)