[COMPLETE]A Chinese Wonder Book by Norman Hinsdale Pitman - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

jcacciavillani wrote: November 6th, 2020, 3:12 pm Oops :lol: I missed that flub when I listened to it, thanks! I just started making random dumb noises when I messed up, didn't mean for anyone else to hear them loll Fixed now :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/chinesewonderbook_12_pitman_128kb.mp3
New time 14:19
all fixed! it sounds great.
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
Vivianlyu

Post by Vivianlyu »

Hello, may I ask is there anything wrong with my recording for chapter 3? I didn't see any PL notes on this one on this forum but on the first page, it shows me to see PL notes.
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

Vivian-- this is the post with the section 3 PL notes (they were lumped in with my note on section 6, so easy to miss)

viewtopic.php?p=1799674#p1799674
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

We have an orphan :)
Kathrine
hearmeout7

Post by hearmeout7 »

Hiya,

Apologies for the long delay, really appreciate your patience. Here is my recording for Chp. 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/chinesewonderbook_05_pitman_128kb.mp3 24:34

Thanks again :)
Last edited by hearmeout7 on December 27th, 2020, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One day at a time, no excuse not to rhyme
MrFace

Post by MrFace »

Hi. I'd be pleased to narrate Section 2, "The Great Bell" of this collection. This is my first time using LibriVox (though not my first time doing VO) so I'm not sure if I'm claiming a section correctly. Please let me know and I can begin recording.

Ricki

Post by Ricki »

I am happy to read The great bell if still available.
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

hearmeout7 wrote: December 25th, 2020, 5:19 pm Hiya,

Apologies for the long delay, really appreciate your patience. Here is my recording for Chp. 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/chinesewonderbook_05_pitman_128kb.mp3 24:34

Thanks again :)
Wonderful, thank you!
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

MrFace wrote: December 27th, 2020, 3:56 pm Hi. I'd be pleased to narrate Section 2, "The Great Bell" of this collection. This is my first time using LibriVox (though not my first time doing VO) so I'm not sure if I'm claiming a section correctly. Please let me know and I can begin recording.

That would be wonderful! You are claiming correctly -- you can go ahead and record. :thumbs: Here is the link to your readers page in the LibriVox catalog https://librivox.org/reader/15495. You can use it to keep track of your claimed (and recorded) sections. (And you can search it up yourself in the catalog if you "lose" the link) :)
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Ricki wrote: December 28th, 2020, 10:03 am I am happy to read The great bell if still available.
Thank you for offering, Ricki. Another reader claimed the section just before you, so it is his to record this time. This project doesn't have any other open sections, or I would offer you another to read! You can browse the Readers Wanted forums for a project that has open sections :)
Kathrine
MrFace

Post by MrFace »

kathrinee wrote: December 28th, 2020, 10:56 am
MrFace wrote: December 27th, 2020, 3:56 pm Hi. I'd be pleased to narrate Section 2, "The Great Bell" of this collection. This is my first time using LibriVox (though not my first time doing VO) so I'm not sure if I'm claiming a section correctly. Please let me know and I can begin recording.

That would be wonderful! You are claiming correctly -- you can go ahead and record. :thumbs: Here is the link to your readers page in the LibriVox catalog https://librivox.org/reader/15495. You can use it to keep track of your claimed (and recorded) sections. (And you can search it up yourself in the catalog if you "lose" the link) :)
Hi Katherine. Great, I've already started; looks like fun. Should I upload a small section for you to hear or just continue on until I have it all? I'm guessing a couple of weeks before I have it all recorded as I'm doing this part time, you know :wink:
Ricki

Post by Ricki »

kathrinee wrote: December 28th, 2020, 10:58 am
Ricki wrote: December 28th, 2020, 10:03 am I am happy to read The great bell if still available.
Thank you for offering, Ricki. Another reader claimed the section just before you, so it is his to record this time. This project doesn't have any other open sections, or I would offer you another to read! You can browse the Readers Wanted forums for a project that has open sections :)

No problem. Thank you!
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

MrFace wrote: December 29th, 2020, 7:54 pm
Hi Katherine. Great, I've already started; looks like fun. Should I upload a small section for you to hear or just continue on until I have it all? I'm guessing a couple of weeks before I have it all recorded as I'm doing this part time, you know :wink:
Thank you for your questions -- and thank you for your patience (we're all doing this part time) ;)
I see that your 1 minute test has been approved, so no need to upload a sample. But please let us know if you run into any problems or questions. When you claim a section, you have two months to get it done. If you upload sooner, that is great and awesome, but please don't let it stress you (because we are all doing it part time, and it is supposed to be fun!). :thumbs:
Kathrine
MrFace

Post by MrFace »

Hi Katherine,
Thanks for the info. I have recorded all the parts now and want to just review them and make sure the audio meets the standards. Should have something ready within the week. I'll try to follow the instructions for uploading but may come back to you if I have any questions as this is my first project here.
MrFace

Post by MrFace »

Hi Katherine. I've posted my first upload. You can hear it here:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/chinesewonderbook._02_pitman_128kb_.mp3
Let me know if this is OK as it's the first time I've done one here.