[COMPLETE][PORTUGUESE] O Livro de Ruth - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WilliamDurvale

Post by WilliamDurvale »

O Livro de Ruth (Bíblia, versão Almeida)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page here:
https://librivox.org/o-livro-de-ruth-biblia-versao-almeida-by-joao-ferreira-de-almeida/

"O Livro de Rute é parte do Antigo Testamento. Ele conta como Rute, uma mulher moabita, aceitou o deus de Israel." (summary by Leni)
  1. Text source (only read from this text!): https://books.google.com/books?id=YoZLAAAAIAAJ
  2. Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard
    1. Como contribuir com o projeto e como tudo funciona aqui
      Para encontrar uma seção para gravar, observe o ponto 4 abaixo. Todas as seções sem nomes ao lado estão disponíveis. Clique em "Post reply" no topo da tela e informe qual seção você gostaria de ler (por favor, inclua o número da seção, na coluna à esquerda na lista de leitores). Leia os pontos abaixo, sobre o que fazer antes, durante e depois de sua gravação.
    2. Recém-chegado ao Librivox?
      Por favor leia o Guia dos Recém-Chegado ao Librivox (em português!)
    3. Há um prazo? Nós pedimos que você entregue suas gravações dentro de um ou dois meses após ter pedido as seções (ou até a data-limite para completar o projeto - o que vier primeiro). Por favor, observe que, para sermos justos com os leitores que completam suas seções dentro do prazo, se você não entregar suas gravações em até dois meses, suas seções serão automaticamente reabertas para outros voluntários, a não ser que você deixe uma mensagem pedindo uma extensão de prazo. As extensões poderão ser dadas ou não, a critério do coordenador do livro (BC).Se você não puder completar suas seções, por qualquer razão, por favor, avise-me e ela voltará a aparecer como disponível. Não há problema algum; somos todos voluntários, e imprevistos acontecem.
    4. Por favor, peça as suas seções(os números estão na coluna à esquerda abaixo)!
      Se esta for sua primeira gravação para o LibriVox, por favor mencione sob qual nome ou pseudônimo você gostaria de constar no catálogo LibriVox. Nós também podemos criar um link para página pessoal/blog.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================
    5. The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      START of recording (Intro):
      • Capítulo # de O Livro de Ruth, da Bíblia Sagrada traduzido por João Ferreira de Almeida. - Esta é uma gravação LibriVox. Todas as gravações LibriVox estão em domínio público Para mais informações, ou para ser um voluntário, por favor visite librivox ponto org"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name]"
      • Say:
        "A Bíblia Sagrada, traduzida por João Ferreira de Almeida. O Livro de Ruth, Capítulo #"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
      • "Capítulo # de O Livro de Ruth, da Bíblia Sagrada traduzido por João Ferreira de Almeida. Esta gravação LibriVox está em domínio público."
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Capitulo X
      END of recording:
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "Fim do capítulo #"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "Fim de O Livro de Ruth, da Bíblia Sagrada traduzido por João Ferreira de Almeida. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
    6. Example filename ruth_#_almeida_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number
      (e.g. ruth_1_almeida_128kb.mp3)
    7. Transfer of files (completed recordings)
      Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Kitty
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
    8. Any questions?
      Please post below
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

HI there and welcome to LV!

I see you want to read the book of Ruth from the Bible. This is a good choice for a first solo! However, I don't like your textlink. The text does not say when it was published. We have to make sure to read from a text that was published before 1923. We already have Genesis in Portuguese in our catalog, and the reader used this version of the Bible:

https://books.google.co.jp/books?id=YoZLAAAAIAAJ

This one is certainly in the public domain and safe to read from. Ruth starts at page 277 :wink:

Even though this is a very short solo, please do a 1-minute test as your very first recording. This is to make sure that your equipment works as it should and that the technical part of your recording is correct. We have our "Newbie Guide to Recording" translated into Portuguese:
http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guia_do_rec%C3%A9m-chegado_ao_Librivox

Please let me know if you have questions. Have fun on here!

And the same thing in Portuguese, thanks to google translate:
Olá e bem-vindo para LV!

Eu vejo que você quer ler o livro de Ruth da Bíblia. Esta é uma boa escolha para um primeiro solo! No entanto, eu não gosto da sua textlink. O texto não diz quando foi publicado. Nós temos que certificar-se de ler a partir de um texto que foi publicado antes de 1923. Nós já temos Genesis em Português no nosso catálogo, eo leitor usou essa versão da Bíblia:

https://books.google.co.jp/books?id=YoZLAAAAIAAJ

Este é, certamente, de domínio público e segura para ler. Ruth começa na página 277: wink:

Mesmo que este é um período muito curto de solo, por favor, faça um teste de 1 minuto como sua primeira gravação. Isso é para se certificar de que o seu equipamento funciona como deveria e que a parte técnica da gravação está correto. Nós temos o nosso "Guia do novato para gravação" traduzida em Português:
http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guia_do_rec%C3%A9m-chegado_ao_Librivox

Por favor, deixe-me saber se você tem perguntas. Divirta-se aqui!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
WilliamDurvale

Post by WilliamDurvale »

Thank you, Availle!
It is necessary to create a new project to change the translation? (I will use the version that you recomended).
Thank you again!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Great! :thumbs:

You can edit your own posts. When you're logged in to the forums, you will see an "edit" button at the top right of each of your posts. Click and change whatever you need in your post, then click submit as usual.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

William,

I am happy to MC this for you. I will get things set up.

Would you please , please do a 1 minute test first? Any language will work for the test - we just want to make sure you technical settings are all ok before you start recording for a project.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

OK, every thing is set up.

For a solo project, you are the Book Coordinator. That means you fill out the Magic Window and post your links and times in the window when you upload your files. Since there are only 4 sections, I have filled these in for you. On your next project, you will do this yourself.

You'll need to start by logging into the magic window. Instructions are in the BC How-to; and this is a more detailed version of the First Login instructions (with pictures!) Please be sure to read all of the BC How To document, as that will give you more information on your role as a BC.

When you upload a section, you must put the link in the "listen URL" column of the Magic Window. You must put the file duration (mm:ss) in the Notes column.

Please also post a "reply" in the project thread to let us know that a new file has been uploaded.

If you have questions, or if you have any trouble with the instructions in the BC how to, please post and we'll work through it together. There is quite a learning curve when you do your first solo. You've picked a nice size book - not too long and something that you are interested in, so it should be a manageable and enjoyable process for you.

MaryAnn
WilliamDurvale

Post by WilliamDurvale »

The first chapter of The Book of Ruth is uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/ruth_01_almeida_128kb.mp3
Time: 4:36

WilliamDurvale
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you William.

Couple of things.

1. You must post the link and the time in the Magic Window. Instructions on how to sign in are here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aUzsBX5rczv2bqEppIHsSZ9WrBCkD26X8wHa-X5NFzo/edit

2. Your volume is low and needs to be adjusted.

3. You have background noise in your file. It needs to be clean.

What program are you using to record? Is it Audacity? I can help you with instructions to adjust volume and clean noise in Audacity.

MaryAnn
WilliamDurvale

Post by WilliamDurvale »

MaryAnnSpiegel,

I recorded again and upload here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/ruth_01_almeida_128kb.mp3

I tried to acess the Magic Window, but I didn' t understood how this works. (I watched the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOP4tcr1kl8

but for me, the Magic Window is showing different.)

Can you help me?
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

William,

The video assumes that you already have a password.

Passwords are different for the forum and for the Magic Window. So the first thing you need to do is set a password for the Magic Window.

Can you see this google doc? It tells you how to set a password for the Magic Window: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aUzsBX5rczv2bqEppIHsSZ9WrBCkD26X8wHa-X5NFzo/edit

[Many people use the same password for both the forum and the Magic Window. Just remember, if you change one password, you must change the other to keep them the same. They are not automatically linked.]

I'll check the technical specs on your file when I get home tonight.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

William,
I took a look at your file. The volume is now good. Your file is 90.3 dB, we target 89 dB, with 87-91dB being ok. So you are "in the range".

Your background noise is now also good.

You will need to have 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file. You have 2 seconds now. It is better to copy a bit of your existing silence (with the ambient room noises) and paste that to the end of the file. If you use a tool to "generate silence", it will be truly silent, and sound different than the ambient room noise you currently have.

I do not speak Portuguese, so I can't comment on your actual reading. I will advertise for a Portuguese proof listener.

MaryAnn
JoaoPim

Post by JoaoPim »

Hi there! I'm new here on the forums, but a long time listener, now eager to contribute. I saw the call for proof listeners, and I don't know if I need to officially apply to this role or something, but anyway I'm posting here the result of my proof-listening to chapter 1.

First, thanks to WilliamDurvale, it's a very good recording. I really hope you find the time to continue this project to completion.

== NEEDS SOME ACTION ============
  • -- Do the intro and disclaimer match the instructions in the first post of the project thread?
    • -- No, there are 3 small differences. I don't know whether the right thing to do here would be to fix the text or the recording:
      • -- online text: "Capítulo # de O Livro de Ruth, da Bíblia Sagrada traduzido por João Ferreira de Almeida. - Esta é uma gravação LibriVox. Todas as gravações LibriVox estão em domínio público Para mais informações, ou para ser um voluntário, por favor visite librivox ponto org" "
      • -- recording: "Capítulo # **do** Livro de Ruth, da Bíblia Sagrada **traduzida** por João Ferreira de Almeida. - Esta é uma gravação LibriVox. Todas as gravações LibriVox estão **no** domínio público Para mais informações, ou para ser um voluntário, por favor visite librivox ponto org" "
    -- Are the correct closing words used at the end of the recording, as per the first post of the project thread?
    • -- Well... the recording is different than the text in the first post of the project thread, but the text is actually wrong, so in this case I suggest to correct the text instead of the recording:
      • -- online text: "Fim dos capítulo #"
      • -- recording: "Final do capítulo #"
    • -- Are there 5 seconds of silence (10 if the recording is more than 30 minutes long) at the end of the file?
      • -- No, there are only ~2 seconds

== OK ===========================
  • -- While listening, follow the online text and note any differences (with the time).
    • --it's ok.
    -- Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time.
    • -- No, it's ok
    -- Are there any repeats, or serious stumbles that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time.
    • -- No, it's ok
    -- Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading?
    • -- No, it's ok. Moreover, MaryAnn checked and approved this aspect.
    -- Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?)
    • -- No, it's ok. Moreover, MaryAnn checked and approved this aspect.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you Joao.

I do not speak Portuguese, but it seems the differences in you noted in the intro are not a problem. They are small. I copied the text from another project in Portuguese, and it may be that I failed to adjust the gender/tense of these words when I changed the title of the book.

MaryAnn
JoaoPim

Post by JoaoPim »

Thank you, MaryAnn

The differences in the intro and end are indeed just contractions and gender/number-related, the recorded text is correct. This leaves with only the 5 seconds at the end issue - I could do that, if it's ok.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you Joao. We typically let the reader fix his or her own file.

MaryAnn