LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently December 14th, 2017, 9:57 am


Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 6 of 10  [ 141 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Author Message
Offline
Post Posted:: August 1st, 2016, 6:21 am 

Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm
Posts: 3202
Thanks, Kristin!

_________________
Mary

Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 1st, 2016, 6:44 am 

Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Posts: 2980
Location: Indianapolis, IN
kathrinee wrote:


28 is PL OK!

_________________
~ Kristin

**** Currently recovering from surgery, so may be a little behind on my PL work. I'll get it done, I promise!*****

Come read about Ireland! (Not PD in Death +70 countries)


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 1st, 2016, 8:06 am 

Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm
Posts: 3202
Thanks again!

_________________
Mary

Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 9th, 2016, 10:12 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: May 14th, 2012, 5:09 am
Posts: 6851
Location: in the sun
May I have sections 20, 21, 26, 27 please? :)

ETA:
And section 3, please ;)

_________________
Kathrine

~~ Thanks for your patience! Please feel free to send me a PM if you feel that I'm neglecting you ~~

Fairytales in Danish, Swedish, or Norwegian
Lots of short stories and myths that deal with nature from all over the world


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 9th, 2016, 4:37 pm 

Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm
Posts: 3202
kathrinee wrote:
May I have sections 20, 21, 26, 27 please? :)

ETA:
And section 3, please ;)


Sure, thanks!

_________________
Mary

Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 29th, 2016, 9:49 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: May 14th, 2012, 5:09 am
Posts: 6851
Location: in the sun
Here is chapter 3 (26:46)
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/lives5_03_vasari_128kb.mp3
Thanks! :D

_________________
Kathrine

~~ Thanks for your patience! Please feel free to send me a PM if you feel that I'm neglecting you ~~

Fairytales in Danish, Swedish, or Norwegian
Lots of short stories and myths that deal with nature from all over the world


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 3rd, 2016, 6:34 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: May 14th, 2012, 5:09 am
Posts: 6851
Location: in the sun
Could you please give me a crash-course in Italian pronunciation regarding c / cc / cci / chi etc? I never quite know when to pronounce it with a hard k, or a ch-sound (as in chili) etc. :)

_________________
Kathrine

~~ Thanks for your patience! Please feel free to send me a PM if you feel that I'm neglecting you ~~

Fairytales in Danish, Swedish, or Norwegian
Lots of short stories and myths that deal with nature from all over the world


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 5th, 2016, 12:04 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: May 14th, 2012, 5:09 am
Posts: 6851
Location: in the sun
Section 20 (20:03):
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/lives5_20_vasari_128kb.mp3
Thank you!

_________________
Kathrine

~~ Thanks for your patience! Please feel free to send me a PM if you feel that I'm neglecting you ~~

Fairytales in Danish, Swedish, or Norwegian
Lots of short stories and myths that deal with nature from all over the world


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 7th, 2016, 1:18 pm 

Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm
Posts: 3202
kathrinee wrote:
Could you please give me a crash-course in Italian pronunciation regarding c / cc / cci / chi etc? I never quite know when to pronounce it with a hard k, or a ch-sound (as in chili) etc. :)


Gah, sorry I'm so late replying to this! I've just started a new job, and still getting adjusted. :)

I'd be happy to.

CI/CE makes the English "CH" sound, as in "cheese." Think of the Italian name "Gucci."
CH does exactly the opposite. It's more of a "K" sound. Think of "Michelangelo."

Does that clear it up?

_________________
Mary

Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 7th, 2016, 1:19 pm 

Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm
Posts: 3202
And thank you for your sections! :D

_________________
Mary

Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 7th, 2016, 2:24 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: May 14th, 2012, 5:09 am
Posts: 6851
Location: in the sun
HoosierMary wrote:
kathrinee wrote:
Could you please give me a crash-course in Italian pronunciation regarding c / cc / cci / chi etc? I never quite know when to pronounce it with a hard k, or a ch-sound (as in chili) etc. :)


Gah, sorry I'm so late replying to this! I've just started a new job, and still getting adjusted. :)

I'd be happy to.

CI/CE makes the English "CH" sound, as in "cheese." Think of the Italian name "Gucci."
CH does exactly the opposite. It's more of a "K" sound. Think of "Michelangelo."

Does that clear it up?


No worries! I hope your new job is going ok :thumbs: Thank you for pronunciation help, that is very helpful. So, in other words, it makes no difference whether it is one C or CC, what matters is what comes after? :)

_________________
Kathrine

~~ Thanks for your patience! Please feel free to send me a PM if you feel that I'm neglecting you ~~

Fairytales in Danish, Swedish, or Norwegian
Lots of short stories and myths that deal with nature from all over the world


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 7th, 2016, 3:04 pm 

Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm
Posts: 3202
kathrinee wrote:
HoosierMary wrote:
kathrinee wrote:
Could you please give me a crash-course in Italian pronunciation regarding c / cc / cci / chi etc? I never quite know when to pronounce it with a hard k, or a ch-sound (as in chili) etc. :)


Gah, sorry I'm so late replying to this! I've just started a new job, and still getting adjusted. :)

I'd be happy to.

CI/CE makes the English "CH" sound, as in "cheese." Think of the Italian name "Gucci."
CH does exactly the opposite. It's more of a "K" sound. Think of "Michelangelo."

Does that clear it up?


No worries! I hope your new job is going ok :thumbs: Thank you for pronunciation help, that is very helpful. So, in other words, it makes no difference whether it is one C or CC, what matters is what comes after? :)


A double (geminate) consonant makes the sound slightly longer, but doesn't change the type of sound. Hope that makes sense. :)

_________________
Mary

Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 8th, 2016, 2:51 am 

Joined: June 19th, 2014, 12:39 am
Posts: 116
Location: NJ
I'd like to claim sections 22 and 23 :D

_________________
~Jairus (jyro)


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 8th, 2016, 4:37 am 

Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm
Posts: 3202
jyro wrote:
I'd like to claim sections 22 and 23 :D


All yours! Thanks. :)

_________________
Mary

Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 8th, 2016, 6:35 am 

Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Posts: 2980
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Sections 3 & 20 are PL OK!

_________________
~ Kristin

**** Currently recovering from surgery, so may be a little behind on my PL work. I'll get it done, I promise!*****

Come read about Ireland! (Not PD in Death +70 countries)


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kadath and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group