COMPLETE: Nan Sherwood at Lakeview Hall by A. Roe Carr - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

Ellies,
Welcome to the project! I need to know what name you would like to appear in the catalog and I'll get you all set up. If you have one, we can also link to a website or blog page.

Let me know if you have any questions during your recording/editing process. :thumbs:
linny

Post by linny »

Jo,
We are full. :9:
ellies

Post by ellies »

Hi Linny, thank you. I will go by the name of ellies, but for the recordings I will use my name. Hope that makes sense. I had had a read of the two chapters already, lovely book!
speak soon!
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
linny

Post by linny »

Sounds good. Here is your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/12536 The "Readers section details" link is a great way to keep track of your claims.
ellies

Post by ellies »

thanks, I will get it recorded some time this week and post. I have read instructions for the book etc.
ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
linny

Post by linny »

:thumbs:
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

ellies

Post by ellies »

linny

Post by linny »

Thank you both!

I should be able to get caught up PLing over the weekend. Unless of course we get a DPL. :wink:
ellies

Post by ellies »

no problem, I understand.
Here is chapter 17 too, which I have just uploaded.
best wishes
ellies

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/nansherwoodatlakeviewhall17car.mp3
10.83 KB 11:03
linny

Post by linny »

:thumbs:
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Lynda,
Sections 26 and 27 are standard PL OK. There is one options note for section 26.

0:28 (optional) – Nan Sherwood at Lakeview Hall, by Annie Roe Carr
I hear Rose
This project is standard PL so pronunciation doesn’t count. Since it’s the authors name I thought you might want to know. I’ll let you decide if you want to change it. I’m fine if you want to leave it as it is.
linny

Post by linny »

Hello Ellies,
You did a lovely job reading but seemed to get a little lost during editing on chapter 17. Here are my PL notes. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Chapter 16
The volume is at 93.3dB. Please amplify by -2 (remember the minus sign).

8:27 – missing words. - flashed Mabel. “I think,” said May Winslow, a peace-loving and, withal, ladylike girl—“I think we have discussed an absent fellow-pupil quite enough. Let us say nothing about Linda that we would not say to her.”
I believe you may have clipped the first I think during editing. There’s another you may may be able to copy over.

Please increase ending silence to 5 seconds.

When you post your revision please ensure the file is named correctly. nansherwoodatlakeviewhall_16_carr.mp3

Chapter 17
6:34 – words are out of order and a bit confusing. “Ho! Ice-cream melts too fast. It’s all over too soon”.
I hear “Ice-cream melts fast. Ho! It’s all over too soon”

6:58 missing words – (You can find them at 7:58) - “Say! this is no time to joke. It’s serious,” declared Bess, putting her mind to the matter of the disbursement of her chum’s windfall.
“All right,” agreed Nan. “The Committee on Entertainment will now go into executive session. What’s your idea, Elizabeth, about buying every one of the two hundred girls at Lakeview Hall a twelve-and-a-half cent rubber doll?”
“Doll? Pah! your mind runs on dolls, Nan Sherwood. You are certainly getting into your second childhood,” said Bess, with disgust.
“Perhaps,” admitted Nan.
“Do let’s be serious,” Bess begged again. “What is the most popular thing among the girls?”
“Those new side-combs!” exclaimed Nan.
“Yes—and I’m going to have a pair just as soon as mother sends me my next spending money.”
“I’ll buy you a pair,” said generous Nan, quickly.
“No, you won’t, silly! I’ll not let you fritter away any of that perfectly splendid five pound note in foolishness.”
“Oh!” (this 'Oh' is missing) responded Nan, drily, much amused to hear Bess Harley so very practical.
The practicality of the discussion might be doubted by anybody save boarding-school girls. Bess quickly proved to her own satisfaction, if not entirely to Nan’s, that the small, “after-hours supper” was the most popular form of entertainment then in vogue at Lakeview Hall.
“You know, Cora Courtney and that crowd are always talking about a strawberry festival that she and Linda Riggs engineered last June. And now they are planning to have another big spread soon in some room on their corridor.”
“Well,” observed Nan, “we won’t be invited to it.”
“No. And they won’t be invited to ours,” cried Bess, promptly.
“If we have a spread,” agreed Nan.
“It’s just the thing,” Bess pursued, very enthusiastic. “Eating promotes fellowship——”

“And indigestion,” laughed Nan.

10:01 missing words - I’m sure the girls wouldn’t be dying for these spreads.”
“If the girls had what they wanted at supper, Dr. Prescott would have to charge about twice what she does now for tuition and board at Lakeview Hall.”
“Never mind that,” said Bess, briskly. “The question is: Shall we have the spread?”
“If you like,” agreed Nan.
So it was decided. With twenty-five dollars they could have a bountiful feast.
“A dollar a plate will give us a delightful supper, with salad, and ices, and all,” said Bess, who knew more about such things than Nan, for her mother entertained a great deal in Tillbury.
“But how’ll we ever get such things up to our room?” gasped Nan.
That puzzled Bess.
“And twenty-five girls would just about swamp us,” Nan added.
“Oh, dear!”
“Hire a hall?” suggested Nan, roguishly.

“Now, don’t, Nan Sherwood!

Please increase ending silence to 5 seconds.

When you post your revision please ensure the file is named correctly. nansherwoodatlakeviewhall_17_carr.mp3
ellies

Post by ellies »

thanks for checking it all, yes, too much clipping. I will go through it all and re-post, It will probably be on Monday, as hectic this weekend.
ellies
linny

Post by linny »

Sounds good. Enjoy the weekend. :thumbs: