COMPLETE: Nan Sherwood at Lakeview Hall by A. Roe Carr - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lindaciano

Post by lindaciano »

That tutorial on amplifying was really helpful, Elli -- thanks! I couldn't figure out at all how to install MP3Gain -- it kept saying I was missing critical files for it to run -- so I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to check my db level myself. I've adjusted the recording volume on my mic again. When I record Ch 3, please let me know how it sounds. If it's too low, I'll be able to de-amplify the peaks and then amplify the volume the way you did.

Many thanks, too, for fixing Ch 1. Definitely go with it!

ETA: I finally figured out how to download and use MP3Gain to test db level. Hooray! Will use it before uploading Ch 3 and amplify if necessary.
lindaciano

Post by lindaciano »

aravis wrote:Chapter 2: is great! :D

The volume is much better (92dB). Only there is now some clipping. (That's when the waves touch the top and bottom and get flattened.... it can make the recording sound distorted) For future recordings it might be good to lower the input volume again a tiny bit.

Hi, Elli

Should I re-record this chapter at a slightly lower volume to get rid of the clipping? Or should I just look for the parts that are clipped and re-record them? Or something else?

Thanks,
Linda

ETA: Oh, wait -- I just realized that Ch 2 is listed as PL OK but Ch 1 is still listed as having volume problems. Do you want me to try to fix the volume on my Ch 1 file or do you want to go with the Ch 1 file that you modified yourself already? I'm happy to go with your file if that works for you.
lindaciano

Post by lindaciano »

Hi, Elli

Here's Ch 3 - Linda Riggs

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/avs/nansherwoodatlakeviewhall_03_carr.mp3

11.2mb
12:19

I played around with the amplify feature and got the recording to 88.9db according to MP3Gain. Please let me know how it sounds!

Thanks,
aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi Linda!

No, no need to do any changes for chapter 2 (there only is very little clipping and it didn't cause any kind of weird noise that I could hear) and I've changed chapter 1 to PL:OK! Totally overlooked that you already said in your earlier post that you were happy with the amplified version. Sorry! :roll:

Downloading... looking forward to listening! :D
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
aravis

Post by aravis »

Chapter 3 is great! :D

The volume is perfect and it sounds great. Can't wait to find out what happens next!
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
lindaciano

Post by lindaciano »

Thanks for the encouragement, Elli! :thumbs:

Here's Ch 04 - Luck and Pluck:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/avs/nansherwoodatlakeviewhall_04_carr.mp3

9.83 mb
10:44
aravis

Post by aravis »

Chapter 4 is great! :D
Elli

lindaciano

Post by lindaciano »

Hi, Elli!

Just checking in - with summer vacation, travel, etc, I haven't had time to record. But not to worry, I haven't dropped the project! I'll get back up and running once the fall semester has gotten under way and I'm on a more regular schedule.
aravis

Post by aravis »

Thanks for letting me know! Hope you are having a great vacation! :D
Elli

lindaciano

Post by lindaciano »

Hi, Elli

Thanks for being so patient with my little hiatus! Here's Chapter 5:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/avs/nansherwoodatlakeviewhall_05_carr.mp3

10.1 mb
11:06

I felt so rusty getting back to the mic -- I hope it sounds OK!
aravis

Post by aravis »

Yay! Downloading! :D
Elli

aravis

Post by aravis »

Chapter 5 is great! :D
Elli

lindaciano

Post by lindaciano »

Hi, Elli

Here's Ch 06:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/avs/nansherwoodatlakeviewhall_06_carr.mp3

10.9 MB
11:58

When I checked the file using MP3Gain, it needed adjusting. I hope it turned out all right!
lindaciano

Post by lindaciano »

aravis

Post by aravis »

Yay! Downloading... will listen as soon as possible! :D
Elli