[Complete] Privy Seal: His Last Venture by Ford Madox Ford - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

7A2c3Ml wrote: December 4th, 2022, 9:19 am What good news! I won't be coy about this. You know how I feel about the Ford, and how I feel about reading the Ford. Personally, I would like to claim the whole third book. But if you want to leave it open to the Librivox public, you're the boss.
Would you be open to launching your own solo project? If so, I'd be happy to DPL.

Thank you for section 13! PLing to follow later today.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

I looked over the instructions. It doesn't look hard to do, so yes, I THINK I can try it. How would you know I've done it? Just leave a message here?
My name is Mark
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

I see on the template they need to know the original date of publication, and the date of the text I'm using. I'm using Gutenberg, and it doesn't GIVE any dates!
My name is Mark
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

I'll keep an eye on the New Projects Launch Pad and comment about volunteering as DPL when you've posted it there.

You'll probably be fine using the original date of publication as the date of the text. I think that's what I had to do for this one.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

I did it! I've no idea if it "went through". How will I know? Will it show up someplace?
My name is Mark
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Do you still have the Project Template Generator page up? Once you've clicked the "Next! Generate my Forum Code!" button, you can copy and paste the text that shows up in a post in the New Projects Launch Pad.

Sarah
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

No, I don't have it up anymore. I had no idea where I was supposed to "copy" the page TO, and now it's gone! I can't start all over, so what now?
My name is Mark
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

If you like, I can go ahead and launch it as a group project!

Sarah
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

And then I can just claim all 21 sections?
My name is Mark
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

Hold on, I took that generated page as posted it on the launch pad. Can you see it?
My name is Mark
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

I didn't see your post, but I went ahead and launched a group project. Once an MC has signed on, you should be able to claim all the sections as a solo project. I just didn't know whether it was possible to do that before a group project was launched!

Sarah
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

So it's not up yet? How long before an MC is set? BTW, you said you're a DPL? This all confuses me, what's the difference between the two?
My name is Mark
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thanks again for section 13! Nicely done, as always. I have just a few notes:

- At 1:07, "in one with a cherry-coloured lance," I hear "in one with a chelly-coloured lance"
- At 2:25, "and many that had seen her there sit had marvelled," you say "and many that had seen her there sit and had marvelled"
- At 8:08, "another woman's body and powers," you say "another man's body and powers"
- At 8:18, there's a stumble at "more fair" in "I do not see why this King thinks you more fair than I be"

As for project roles, an MC (meta-coordinator) is a LV admin who does the technical stuff like setting up the project in the database. How long it takes for a project to get an MC depends on MCs' workloads and interest in the project, if I remember correctly. As the DPL (dedicated proof-listener), I'll be proof-listening to the sections (and also I'll be the BC [book coordinator] so I'll be maintaining the Magic Window).

Sarah
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

We;ve got an MC, but it doesn't look like it's up yet, unless I'm looking in the wrong place
My name is Mark
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

Good morning, Scarbo, and welcome back! I'll get to these Chapter 13 corrections later this morning, and then on to 14, and the Big Wrap-up!
My name is Mark