[COMPLETE][Short Stories]The Black Cat Vol. 03 No. 3 December 1897 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

this is completely different to what I was expecting when I read the title ! An interesting story, with an ambiguous outcome. It's not really clear what happened to the young girl...had she left of her own accord or been abducted back into her tribe ? :hmm:

Anyway, excellently narrated, good job on Bill's impossible accent :lol: and on the whole PL ok. Thank you, Greg, for yet another superb narration.

Sonia
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Kitty wrote: October 25th, 2022, 12:24 am
this is completely different to what I was expecting when I read the title ! An interesting story, with an ambiguous outcome. It's not really clear what happened to the young girl...had she left of her own accord or been abducted back into her tribe ? :hmm:

Anyway, excellently narrated, good job on Bill's impossible accent :lol: and on the whole PL ok. Thank you, Greg, for yet another superb narration.

Sonia
Thank you!

The story was not the usual Black Cat fare. It left a lot of unanswered questions. Nonetheless, it was an interesting change of pace.

As always, I appreciate your proofing!

Greg
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

Here is section 3. It kinda follows the pattern of the story I did in the last issue. I hope you like it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0303dec1897_3_various_128kb.mp3 21:4
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JulieB3 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 6:01 pmHere is section 3. It kinda follows the pattern of the story I did in the last issue. I hope you like it.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0303dec1897_3_various_128kb.mp3 21:4
thank you, Julie, what a lovely, though sad story. Tragic that so many do-gooders often don't profit from their own work. :(

Wonderfully narrated and PL ok.

Waiting for one more section from the outstanding two to launch the next Black Cat. 8-)

Sonia
stepheather

Post by stepheather »

I have mine recorded, but it needs major editing and perhaps re-recording (someone next door was chopping vegetables…).

But I’m working on it!

Stephanie
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

Native American history--Come read about removal plans, education, and laws:
Annual Report of the Commissioner of Indian Affairs, December 1837
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

stepheather wrote: November 29th, 2022, 2:06 amI have mine recorded, but it needs major editing and perhaps re-recording (someone next door was chopping vegetables…).

But I’m working on it!
great news...too bad about the noise next door though :( Maybe you can do a good background noise cleaning job then you wouldn't have to re-record it all from scratch.

Sonia
stepheather

Post by stepheather »

Kitty wrote: November 29th, 2022, 2:11 am
stepheather wrote: November 29th, 2022, 2:06 amI have mine recorded, but it needs major editing and perhaps re-recording (someone next door was chopping vegetables…).

But I’m working on it!
great news...too bad about the noise next door though :( Maybe you can do a good background noise cleaning job then you wouldn't have to re-record it all from scratch.

Sonia
Well, I got it edited. I have to re-record a few sentences here and there--and then I'll send it in. I could nitpick it to death! If you find things distracting at that point, let me know and I'll redo those portions (obviously!).

I hope to make it by my Sunday deadline, but it does require me to get some relatively quiet recording time, and then time to edit. (I had an opportunity earlier today, but people were yelling outside and then running the motor to pump water up to the tanks and...well...it wouldn't have improved the recording.) Can I have a week's extension if I don't make it by Sunday, please?

Thanks,
Stephanie
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

stepheather wrote: December 7th, 2022, 10:06 amWell, I got it edited. I have to re-record a few sentences here and there--and then I'll send it in. I could nitpick it to death! If you find things distracting at that point, let me know and I'll redo those portions (obviously!).
yes do your best and then I'll check for anything disturbing and let you know.
Can I have a week's extension if I don't make it by Sunday, please?
no problem, I know now you have not vanished altogether ;) And we are still waiting for another section, so you are not the last one. I'll be patient for a bit longer :) no stress

Thanks for letting me know

Sonia
stepheather

Post by stepheather »

Hi! At long last!

I'll keep an eye out for PL notes; again, I do expect some, but I've got to get a second set of ears on this one.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0303dec1897_1_various_128kb.mp3
Running time: 38:00

Thank you for your patience!
Stephanie
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

stepheather wrote: December 9th, 2022, 4:57 amHi! At long last!
8-) super, you managed faster than I expected. I will listen to it later on, I have some of my own recordings to do this afternoon. But thanks !!!

And as a reward, the next Cat is launched NOW: viewtopic.php?t=95678

Maybe I'll be seeing some of you there again.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

stepheather wrote: December 9th, 2022, 4:57 amI'll keep an eye out for PL notes; again, I do expect some, but I've got to get a second set of ears on this one.
well...there are no overly disturbing noises I could detect. So you did a great cleaning job on it. :thumbs: I can safely mark this one PL ok right away. Wonderfully narrated, and what excitement and suspense in this classic who dunnit ! :shock: It kept me hooked from the start. A great story, excellently read.

Thank you so much, Stephanie :)

Sonia
stepheather

Post by stepheather »

Kitty wrote: December 9th, 2022, 8:02 am
stepheather wrote: December 9th, 2022, 4:57 amI'll keep an eye out for PL notes; again, I do expect some, but I've got to get a second set of ears on this one.
well...there are no overly disturbing noises I could detect. So you did a great cleaning job on it. :thumbs: I can safely mark this one PL ok right away. Wonderfully narrated, and what excitement and suspense in this classic who dunnit ! :shock: It kept me hooked from the start. A great story, excellently read.

Thank you so much, Stephanie :)

Sonia
You are so kind! Thank you.
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

ladylivre

Post by ladylivre »

Hello,

I'm sorry for the late status update, but I won't be able to record my section by the deadline (Dec 13th). I thought I'd be able to find the time, but between grad school and spending time with family, this unfortunately slipped through the cracks.

Thanks for the opportunity and for your patience, everyone. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help find another reader—it's a pretty fun story with interesting characters :)

Happy holidays!
~Lauren
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ladylivre wrote:I'm sorry for the late status update, but I won't be able to record my section by the deadline (Dec 13th). I thought I'd be able to find the time, but between grad school and spending time with family, this unfortunately slipped through the cracks.

Thanks for the opportunity and for your patience, everyone. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help find another reader—it's a pretty fun story with interesting characters :)
thank you for letting me know, and I understand, no worries. We are often busier in our daily life and cannot find enough recording time.

And as for a new reader, no need to look further, I will claim it myself, since I will have time to record it this week still. :D So we can stay in Readers Found

happy holidays to you as well, and I'll be seeing you in another Cat maybe one day, or in a French project :wink:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And here is already the story of Anne and her three mystery lovers.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0303dec1897_2_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 33:39 min.

I need a helpful volunteer to PL my section :help: as I cannot check my own recordings. If one of you could find the time to do, please make a note in the thread before downloading so we prevent double work.

Thank you in advance. This is the last section of the project. If I get an ok, it can be catalogued before the end of the year still. :9:

Sonia