[COMPLETE][Fiction]An Iceland Fisherman by Pierre Loti - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ivobrkn18Harrop

Post by ivobrkn18Harrop »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/The_Iceland_Fisherman-_Ch_4_-_First_Love_aup3_(update).mp3

Please find updated MP3 file of Chapter 4. Let me know if there are any other revisions needed. Thanks
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

ivobrkn18Harrop wrote: November 25th, 2022, 7:06 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/The_Iceland_Fisherman-_Ch_4_-_First_Love_aup3_(update).mp3

Please find updated MP3 file of Chapter 4. Let me know if there are any other revisions needed. Thanks
Ivan,

Please, please rename your file: icelandfisherman_04_loti_128kb.mp3

And then upload it again.

Would you mind doing that please? Let's see how it goes.

Thank you,
Brian
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

BrianFullen wrote: November 25th, 2022, 7:13 pm
ivobrkn18Harrop wrote: November 25th, 2022, 7:06 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/The_Iceland_Fisherman-_Ch_4_-_First_Love_aup3_(update).mp3

Ivan,

Please, please rename your file: icelandfisherman_04_loti_128kb.mp3

And then upload it again.

Would you mind doing that please? Let's see how it goes.

Thank you,
Brian
Oh, well. Apparently it won't be uploaded with the correct filename. I'll put this misnomer in the listen URL and ask that Spot PL be done on it. What is it about this project? Readers on other projects I'm on don't seem to have the same problem with naming files properly.
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
GillH

Post by GillH »

Section 4 PL OK! (apart from the file name)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

BrianFullen wrote: November 25th, 2022, 10:50 pmOh, well. Apparently it won't be uploaded with the correct filename.
did the reader say that ? In my opinion you can name the file whatever you want. :hmm: And of course it would upload with our standardised naming system, otherwise other readers wouldn't be able to upload their sections either. There must have been another problem.

@Ivo: what exactly are you doing when converting your aup file to mp3 ? What program are you using ? It's best to learn the easy steps right from the start, and naming a file correctly is very important and basic, it will save trouble in cataloguing later on.
I'll put this misnomer in the listen URL and ask that Spot PL be done on it.
I change the filename now, maybe you want to try to download the link from the MW to make sure it's the correct final file.
What is it about this project? Readers on other projects I'm on don't seem to have the same problem with naming files properly.
:lol: yes some projects seem to be jinxed from the start. I usually don't have as many naming problems in other projects either. One would think highlighting an example of the correct name in blue would do the trick...

Ah well...it's a small glitch compared to the big problems we could have.

Sonia
ivobrkn18Harrop

Post by ivobrkn18Harrop »

Sorry to put you in this spot, but please take all three chapters from me, and let someone else complete them. Ivan
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Brian, I'd be happy to take them (05 and 06?), but the third?
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

ivobrkn18Harrop wrote: November 26th, 2022, 9:12 am Sorry to put you in this spot, but please take all three chapters from me, and let someone else complete them. Ivan
It is quite OK Ivan and there is no reason to apologize. The thing is that one of the sections is PLOK, i.e. section 4. If someone else were to record it then the DPL would have to do that over again. Is it OK with you if we keep the section 4 that you did? Thank you. Brian
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

RitaBoutros wrote: November 26th, 2022, 9:35 am Brian, I'd be happy to take them (05 and 06?), but the third?
That's a very kind offer, Rita. I'll assign 5 and 6 to you. I'm hoping that 4 does not have to be redone since it is already PLOK.
Rel22

Post by Rel22 »

Rel22 wrote: October 8th, 2022, 1:53 am
BrianFullen wrote: October 7th, 2022, 7:36 am
Rel22 wrote: October 6th, 2022, 10:50 pm Hi Friends again, :)
Would it too much to request to read all of Part V :?:
(That would be Sections 45-53, i.e. to the end).
It's about 5,850 words all-in-all.
I'm open to partial parts of Part 5 in case someone is really hankering for any of it. :D
Of course you can have Part V :thumbs:
I promised at top-of-thread that I would sing the praise of anyone who claimed an entire part. :help:
I'm starting my music lessons now; it may take a little while until I'm ready to sing in public :hmm:
:shock: I swear I missed that pledge at the top! :) But what a thought to have praises in crooning form :9: (even if sympathetically; let's spare you the public display! :wink: ). I'm on this now... :!: Tku!
Huge apologies for my long absence and fully aware of my coming 2-month deadline while having been unexpectedly dealt with a family emergency as of late. But still committed to do this.

Section 45 is now uploaded! (And more to come before the 7th of Dec.)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/icelandfisherman_45_loti_128kb.mp3 [10:16]
:thumbs:
Rel
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Rel22 wrote: November 27th, 2022, 10:18 am
Rel22 wrote: October 8th, 2022, 1:53 am
BrianFullen wrote: October 7th, 2022, 7:36 am

Of course you can have Part V :thumbs:
I promised at top-of-thread that I would sing the praise of anyone who claimed an entire part. :help:
I'm starting my music lessons now; it may take a little while until I'm ready to sing in public :hmm:
:shock: I swear I missed that pledge at the top! :) But what a thought to have praises in crooning form :9: (even if sympathetically; let's spare you the public display! :wink: ). I'm on this now... :!: Tku!
Huge apologies for my long absence and fully aware of my coming 2-month deadline while having been unexpectedly dealt with a family emergency as of late. But still committed to do this.

Section 45 is now uploaded! (And more to come before the 7th of Dec.)

Fantastic news, Rel! :D I am thrilled to hear from you! :clap:
GillH

Post by GillH »

PL for Section 45:
Thanks!
0:28 You say " Chapter UNOS" instead of "Chapter ONE"

[Optional edits (and I wouldn't have mentioned these if there wasn't the Chapter 1 edit to be done):

1 :12 the quay - usually pronounced "kee". I checked if "kway" was the US pronunciation, but I can only find the alternative "kay".
3 :31 forecastles - again, maybe this is an alternative I can't find, but I've always heard it pronounced "Fohk-s'ls"]

Looking forward to Chapter 2.
Rel22

Post by Rel22 »

GillH wrote: November 27th, 2022, 12:16 pm PL for Section 45:
Thanks!
0:28 You say " Chapter UNOS" instead of "Chapter ONE"

[Optional edits (and I wouldn't have mentioned these if there wasn't the Chapter 1 edit to be done):

1 :12 the quay - usually pronounced "kee". I checked if "kway" was the US pronunciation, but I can only find the alternative "kay".
3 :31 forecastles - again, maybe this is an alternative I can't find, but I've always heard it pronounced "Fohk-s'ls"]

Looking forward to Chapter 2.
Tku Gill for your notes! :)
Since the original Chapter numbers I assumed were Latin numerals, I initially followed the pronounciations in Latin! (On a personal note, that was fun to learn!). So, I'll note in future I should ignore the Latin chapter numbers!

For "quay", it's my understanding there are 3 pronounciations (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/quay):
ˈkē ˈkā ˈkwā
So I left that one unchanged.

:oops: I'm clearly not a nautical person :oops: with the less-than-popular US pronounciation I used for 'forecastles' but I am very happy to learn something new! The US pronounciation is in this dictionary (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forecastle) but it clearly doesn't seem as popular. So I've changed this on the newly updated recording to the more acceptable version.

No change in record time with the corrections:

Do let me know if alright!

Meanwhile, I'm onto the next chapter, to be uploaded very soon!
:thumbs:
Rel
GillH

Post by GillH »

Thanks, Rel.
I'll get on it once it's noted in the MW.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

GillH wrote: November 28th, 2022, 1:05 am Thanks, Rel.
I'll get on it once it's noted in the MW.
Noted! Thanks.