[COMPLETE]The Unconditional Freeness of the Gospel-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Bruce0McFadden wrote: September 25th, 2022, 3:19 pm I have not heard back from my submission of Section 6 for PL. I am returning section 7 for another reader to take.

Bruce ><>
If it helps any, I'll PL section 6 for you, so you'll at least have some feedback. I should be able to get back to you tomorrow or Tuesday.
If you'd like to keep section 7 or if someone else would like to claim it, the offer is open there too.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

mightyfelix wrote: September 1st, 2022, 6:53 pm Thank you for these corrections. I've been feeling very drained lately, so haven't been here as often as I like to. But I have a long weekend starting, so I will be able to check these in the next few days.
Felix, if I'm acting too presumptuously in PLing someone else's work, just let me know. I figure if you're feeling drained, then I'll lighten your workload if I can. Thanks a bunch for a lot of work you've done and probably continue to do, but everybody needs a break sometime. I'll be here when you get back. :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Bruce0McFadden wrote: September 25th, 2022, 3:19 pm I have not heard back from my submission of Section 6 for PL. I am returning section 7 for another reader to take.

Bruce ><>
Whew! I'm terribly sorry. While I did update the MW with your submission, I can see that I did not even so much as post any kind of acknowledgement. Please forgive me.

I hope it is not my tardiness that is motivating your wish to release section 7, but of course you are not obligated to do it if you've changed your mind, for any reason whatever. I am taking a class this semester that has had much more reading than I was expecting (one Shakespeare play per week, PLUS scholarly articles on said play?!?!? :shock:), which is why I've been slower on PL than I'd like. I will prioritize this section for PL in the next few days.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

redrun wrote: September 25th, 2022, 8:32 pm Felix, if I'm acting too presumptuously in PLing someone else's work, just let me know. I figure if you're feeling drained, then I'll lighten your workload if I can. Thanks a bunch for a lot of work you've done and probably continue to do, but everybody needs a break sometime. I'll be here when you get back. :thumbs:
Thanks for the offer. I really do want to listen to this whole book myself, and DPLing is for me the best way to make sure that happens. As to the "drained" comment I made: luckily, that's no longer the case. Almost a month has elapsed since then, and many personal and professional situations in my life have resolved themselves. Of course, there's still that monster class with all of the reading, but that's a different thing. I will be able to get this PL done in the next few days.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

I'm glad things have resolved, and hope you're getting all you paid for (time and money) with that class! :mrgreen:
Bruce0McFadden

Post by Bruce0McFadden »

MightyFelix! You are a mighty man! Thanks for taking on the responsibility for shepherding this book through the gamut. I am returning section 7 for personal reasons, no fault of yours, my friend. Shepherd on...

Bruce ><>
Bible Student and Husband of "The Lovely Linda" :9:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

redrun wrote: September 5th, 2022, 4:37 pm Chapter 5 for real this time, with 20 seconds shaved off - 21m38s
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/unconditionalfreeness_05_erskine_128kb.mp3
Spot PL ok! Sorry again for the delay.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Bruce0McFadden wrote: September 17th, 2022, 3:54 pm Chapter 6 of "freeness" submmitted
TRT 35' 00"
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/unconditionalfreeness_06_erskine_128kb.mp3

Bruce ><>
Chapter 6 is PL ok! Thanks for your patience.

One thing to note for next time: You do not need to give footnote numbers or page numbers when a footnote appears. Footnotes are generally read like this:
"[...the end of the sentence in which the footnote appears.] Footnote: [Read the footnote.] End of footnote. [Beginning of the next sentence...]"
No need to change anything this time. I don't think the extra information here is distracting or otherwise troublesome. But next time, just know that it's not necessary. :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Bruce0McFadden wrote: September 27th, 2022, 5:06 am MightyFelix! You are a mighty man! Thanks for taking on the responsibility for shepherding this book through the gamut. I am returning section 7 for personal reasons, no fault of yours, my friend. Shepherd on...

Bruce ><>
And thank you for the compliment. I'm sure it would hit differently if I were, in fact, a man. :wink:

I've removed you from chapter 7. I forgot to mention in my notes that I really did enjoy your reading, so I hope I'll be able to work with you again in the future!
nzk13

Post by nzk13 »

I'd be happy to take chapter 7, if that's all right.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

nzk13 wrote: September 28th, 2022, 6:08 pm I'd be happy to take chapter 7, if that's all right.
More than alright. Thanks so much!
nzk13

Post by nzk13 »

mightyfelix wrote: September 29th, 2022, 7:09 pm
nzk13 wrote: September 28th, 2022, 6:08 pm I'd be happy to take chapter 7, if that's all right.
More than alright. Thanks so much!
Thanks for the opportunity!
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/unconditionalfreeness_07_erskine_128kb.mp3 14:05
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Wow, thank you! That was quick. And also, I can add, PL ok! :clap:

I will get started on cataloguing tonight. It should be ready for listening some time tomorrow. :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Hmm, as I'm working on this, I immediately realize that I still need to fill in the book summary. I have one or two ideas on what to say there, after having listened to it, but I'm open to more suggestions!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Hmm, it might be a little on the nose, but one summary could be:
The author addresses a seeming contradiction in Christian theology: that love and forgiveness are freely offered to all, but they cannot be accepted without a major change in the receiver's heart.