[COMPLETE][Short Stories]The Black Cat Vol. 03 No. 1 October 1897 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Kitty wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 3:00 am oh what a tragic and shocking ending :shock: I was afraid this would happened when the man and son decided not to tell the mother right away. They have to pay dearly for their secrecy. I was still hoping for a happy ending, but no, it was not such a story.

But you narrated it beautifully, it was a pleasure to listen to the story :9: Thank you so much.

I only found two small pronounciations that are odd and change the meaning of the word, which you might want to correct. And one repeat needs to get cut:

> at 15:50: (p. 27) "and examined the bauble more closely" - you say "babble", this 'au' is pronounced like in haunted, laundry, dawn

> at 25:34: (p. 30) "the blood coursed through her veins" - you say "vines", it should rhyme with pains, lanes, stains

> at 27:50: (p. 31) repeat, one version can get cut: "Marie has awakened before me, the thought"

thank you, Sarah

Sonia
Thank you!

Yes, very tragic. They for their secrecy and her for her greed.

I'll do my best to fix them today.
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Kitty wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 3:00 am oh what a tragic and shocking ending :shock: I was afraid this would happen when the man and son decided not to tell the mother right away. They have to pay dearly for their secrecy. I was still hoping for a happy ending, but no, it was not such a story.

But you narrated it beautifully, it was a pleasure to listen to the story :9: Thank you so much.

I only found two small pronunciations that are odd and change the meaning of the word, which you might want to correct. And one repeat needs to get cut:

> at 15:50: (p. 27) "and examined the bauble more closely" - you say "babble", this 'au' is pronounced like in haunted, laundry, dawn

> at 25:34: (p. 30) "the blood coursed through her veins" - you say "vines", it should rhyme with pains, lanes, stains

> at 27:50: (p. 31) repeat, one version can get cut: "Marie has awakened before me, the thought"

thank you, Sarah

Sonia
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0301oct1897_3_various_128kb.mp3

The Track Length is 28:53
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SaraHale wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 7:17 amhttps://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0301oct1897_3_various_128kb.mp3
The Track Length is 28:53
perfect edits and now totally PL ok, thank you Sarah :)

now only waiting for the last section before we can catalogue this little gem. :9:

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Kitty wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 7:52 am perfect edits and now totally PL ok, thank you Sarah :)

now only waiting for the last section before we can catalogue this little gem. :9:

Sonia
Thanks! See you in the next volume.
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

I noticed section 1 may be open soon. If it does get orphaned, I would be happy to adopt it.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JulieB3 wrote: September 14th, 2022, 4:41 amI noticed section 1 may be open soon. If it does get orphaned, I would be happy to adopt it.
thank you so much for offering, Julie. Indeed the reader hasn't responded and the deadline expired, so yes, you're up for section 1 now.

Seems like you're back to an unbroken streak :mrgreen:

Sonia
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

Well, I'm sorry the other reader disappeared, but I am happy to keep the streak going. Thanks.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JulieB3 wrote: September 18th, 2022, 6:31 amWell, I'm sorry the other reader disappeared, but I am happy to keep the streak going. Thanks.
yes I find this thrilling as well.

As for the other reader, once she has more recording time again I'm sure there will be a Black Cat lurking still somewhere on the forum for her to participate 8-) We are far from finishing the series.

Sonia
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

Here is your missing story. Definitely long, but with a happy ending. No, really. :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0301oct1897_1_various_128kb.mp3 39:55

I hope you enjoy.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JulieB3 wrote: September 25th, 2022, 5:50 pmHere is your missing story. Definitely long, but with a happy ending. No, really. :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0301oct1897_1_various_128kb.mp3 39:55
:clap: super well narrated and all with different character voices, I loved it, thank you so much, Julie. Also for the quick turn-around to finish this project, especially seeing it was the longest story of this project. :thumbs:

Totally PL ok. I somehow expected this ending of the story, but the wife was less cunning than I thought :lol:

And with this the project is ready for the catalogue. :9:

Here are the teasers for your 5 stories, I hope I managed hooking ones yet again:
> His Millionaire Client: a clever plan is hatched to claim a convicted murderer's inheritance
> The Egg that Ran Away: a naturalist finds a supposedly new species of eggs
> Love and Avarice: obsessive love often ends in tragedy
> How the Widow Raised the Mortgage: this captain definitely did not want to be trapped in marriage
> Told in China: a broken China cup finally reunites two childhood lovers
A big thanks to the five talented narrators of this collection: Dan, Greg, Julie, Laurie and Sarah :clap:

Will post the link once it's passed...

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and this passed through very fast :clap:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/black-cat-03-01-oct1897-by-various/

moving to completed...

Sonia