[COMPLETE][Indonesian][Adventure]Mengelilingi Doenia Dalam 80 Hari, J. Verne - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
hasoinna

Post by hasoinna »

Kitty wrote: September 4th, 2022, 4:17 am yes of course, thank you :)

Sonia
Hey Sonia!

Here's my recording for Chapter 24:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/80hari_24_verne_128kb.mp3
Total length is 14:57

Kindly listen to it and tell me if there's any revision needed, please? :D

Thank you!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hasoinna wrote: September 10th, 2022, 6:46 pm Here's my recording for Chapter 24:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/80hari_24_verne_128kb.mp3
Total length is 14:57
Kindly listen to it and tell me if there's any revision needed, please? :D
thank you so much, it sounded all perfect to me. I was following along with the text and I don't think there was any significant deviation. Your level of accuracy is excellent. 8-)

Can be marked PL ok right away.

We are approaching the end by and by. I am so thrilled that this project has been revived.

Have a good Sunday still and I hope I see you soon again :)

Sonia
hasoinna

Post by hasoinna »

Hi Sonia!
Kitty wrote: September 11th, 2022, 1:52 am thank you so much, it sounded all perfect to me. I was following along with the text and I don't think there was any significant deviation. Your level of accuracy is excellent. 8-)
Thank you :D

We are approaching the end by and by. I am so thrilled that this project has been revived.
Honestly, same :lol:

Could you please reserve Chapter 30 for me?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hasoinna wrote: September 11th, 2022, 7:47 pmCould you please reserve Chapter 30 for me?
yes of course, thank you for sticking with us till the end :)

Sonia
Filoria

Post by Filoria »

Hi, im Filoria and new to Librivox. Im Malaysian but i would like to challenge myself to read in Indonesian. I have read through the text and there's some words that are confusing since the text isn't like what i used to read but im willing to try and improve it.

I would like to read chapter 19/bab 19.
Thank you!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Filoria wrote: September 17th, 2022, 10:05 amHi, im Filoria and new to Librivox. Im Malaysian but i would like to challenge myself to read in Indonesian. I have read through the text and there's some words that are confusing since the text isn't like what i used to read but im willing to try and improve it.

Hello Filoria and welcome to our forum. So cool to have another help in this project :9: I am guessing Malaysian is quite similar to Indonesian, so you would understand enough to read it. If there are any problems, we have two active readers here, Indonesian native speakers, Hasto and Tara, they could help you with tricky words.

I see you already passed your minute test, so you are all set to start.

Please read carefully through the first post, you can find the exact words for the intro and outro and how to name the file there.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Meanwhile I opened your personal reader page here: https://librivox.org/reader/17853 All your projects will be listed there.

Section 19 is reserved for you now. And that means we are fully claimed 8-) and we can move over to Readers Found. So cool.

Thank you for helping out here.

Sonia
Filoria

Post by Filoria »

Kitty wrote: September 17th, 2022, 1:19 pm
Filoria wrote: September 17th, 2022, 10:05 amHi, im Filoria and new to Librivox. Im Malaysian but i would like to challenge myself to read in Indonesian. I have read through the text and there's some words that are confusing since the text isn't like what i used to read but im willing to try and improve it.

Hello Filoria and welcome to our forum. So cool to have another help in this project :9: I am guessing Malaysian is quite similar to Indonesian, so you would understand enough to read it. If there are any problems, we have two active readers here, Indonesian native speakers, Hasto and Tara, they could help you with tricky words.

Please read carefully through the first post, you can find the exact words for the intro and outro and how to name the file there.

Meanwhile I opened your personal reader page here: https://librivox.org/reader/17853 All your projects will be listed there.

Section 19 is reserved for you now. And that means we are fully claimed 8-) and we can move over to Readers Found. So cool.

Sonia
I already have a question, which is in the last sentence of the first paragraph of chapter 19, do I have to mention the words inside the bracket too or do I just have to ignore it?
"... berten­tangan (bertoempoe tapak) ..."

Thank you so much.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Filoria wrote: September 18th, 2022, 2:02 amI already have a question, which is in the last sentence of the first paragraph of chapter 19, do I have to mention the words inside the bracket too or do I just have to ignore it?
I think the other readers didn't include the brackets. I was under the impression it's just an explanation maybe for an old-fashioned word. :hmm: But I don't speak Indonesian myself, so we best wait to hear back from the other two readers.

I would suggest, read it if you want to start right away. It's always quickly cut out later on in the editing phase, easier than re-recorded in case we need it ;)

I will send a PM to our other native speaker readers to give their input.

Sonia
raaddd

Post by raaddd »

Kitty wrote: August 7th, 2022, 12:54 am
raaddd wrote: August 6th, 2022, 11:37 pmHi everyone,
I am interested put my first contribution to LibriVox.
To introduce myself, my name is Radityo, people call me Rad for short. I am from Indonesia and very interested to read this book Mengelilingi Doenia Dalam 80 Hari by Jules Verne.
For a start, I would like to claim the shortest chapter available which is Bab 31.
Cheers!
Rad
wohoooo, hello Rad, and a warm welcome to our forum, and especially to our Indonesian project. I am thrilled to hear one more voice in this story so thank you for taking an interest to help in it.

I see you already passed your minute test :thumbs: so there is no holding you back.

Section 31 is assigned to you officially now. Here is your personal reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/17739 where all your projects will be listed. If you want to read under a different reader name (can be forum name, real name or a pseudonym) please let me know and I can still change that.

Since this is your very first section, please read carefully through the first post, you will find all the important details in there, how to say the intro and the title correctly, how to name the finished file, where to upload, what text to use.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

And now have fun recording.

Sonia
Hi Sonia,

Thank you so much for welcoming me to this community. Appreciate it a lot.

First, I would like to apologise because I was having some issues in the last few months. I just had an opportunity to start the recording in the last few days.

Kindly check my recording uploaded here - https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/80hari_31_verne_128kb.mp3

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Cheers!
Rad
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

raaddd wrote: September 25th, 2022, 1:13 amFirst, I would like to apologise because I was having some issues in the last few months. I just had an opportunity to start the recording in the last few days.
that is ok, usually we give a deadline of 2 months for a claim, so you are still in advance on that :D
Kindly check my recording uploaded here - https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/80hari_31_verne_128kb.mp3
Looking forward to hearing your feedback.
I am thrilled that you recorded the section and your narration was very clear and well paced, it was so easy to follow along with the text. Seeing I don't understand the language at all, I am happy when people don't read too fast. :9: So everything well there, it's a pleasure to listen to. Nearly word-perfect too, wow.

I do have a few PL notes to correct for you. Nothing difficult, so you don't have to re-record from scratch !!! I mention this because some new readers think they need to re-record it all, please don't, it's too much work for both of us. Only Spot-correcting is needed. If you need help on how to spot-correct, please let me know.

Here are your notes:

> the volume (over 96 dB) is louder than our accepted range (86-92 db), please decrease the whole by -6

> the background noise would also benefit from round of noise cleaning. Do you use Audacity, and do you need a step-by-step on how to do this ?

> in the beginning we recommend between 0.5 and 1 second maximum of silence, yours is 3 seconds, please cut down to under 1

> at 0:03: "Bab Jang Ketiga Poeloeh Satoe" - I only hear "Bab tiga satoe", is this the correct number ? :hmm:

> from 0:30 to 0:32: between "R. Moesa Sasradhimedja" and the title - over 2 seconds of silence is a bit long, I would cut down a bit here

> at 0:32: you forgot to repeat the chapter number here, please insert: "Bab Jang Ketiga Poeloeh Satoe"

> from 2:38 to 2:40: between "termenoeng semalam" and "Phileas Fogg" - also here: cut the silence a bit

> at 7:30: missed part of the sentence (underlined): "...dari doea ratoes mijl. Djikalau angin tetap kentjangnja, boléh diharap sampai ditempat..."

> at 18:14: you forgot the outro, please add: "Akhir Bab Jang Ketiga Poeloeh Satoe"

> at the end: we need a standard of 5 seconds of silence, you have over 6, please cut 1 second

Simply reupload with the exact same filename, then the old file gets automatically replaced by the new file. Oh and please always state the length of a file when you post the link, that way I can immediately update the Magic Window with all the details.

Thank you, and great first recording :clap:

Sonia
tarabatubara

Post by tarabatubara »

Filoria wrote: September 18th, 2022, 2:02 am
Kitty wrote: September 17th, 2022, 1:19 pm

Sonia
I already have a question, which is in the last sentence of the first paragraph of chapter 19, do I have to mention the words inside the bracket too or do I just have to ignore it?

Thank you so much.
Hi Filoria! Nice to see you here
for me I always read each word in brackets
Whoever has faith in God, He will 'rightly' guide their hearts 'through adversity'. Quran 64:11
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

tarabatubara wrote: September 28th, 2022, 7:38 pmHi Filoria! Nice to see you here
for me I always read each word in brackets
thank you, Tara, yes, I also thought to read everything was the safer way, but wanted to hear from a native speaker as well.

Sonia
hasoinna

Post by hasoinna »

Filoria wrote: September 18th, 2022, 2:02 am I already have a question, which is in the last sentence of the first paragraph of chapter 19, do I have to mention the words inside the bracket too or do I just have to ignore it?
Hi Filoria,
Welcome on board!

I think the words inside parentheses are better to be included given that it explains the previous word in more detail.

Hasta
hasoinna

Post by hasoinna »

Hi Sonia!
Kitty wrote: September 12th, 2022, 12:27 am thank you for sticking with us till the end :)
my pleasure :D

Sorry it took some time to finish this one, here's my recording for Chapter 30:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/80hari_30_verne_128kb.mp3
Total length is 17:32.

Please kindly have a listen to it, thank you :D

Hasta
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hasoinna wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:00 pmSorry it took some time to finish this one, here's my recording for Chapter 30:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/80hari_30_verne_128kb.mp3
no problem, you always have two months deadline to finish one section. So you are really still very fast :D

And a perfect job you did, I couldn't detect a single error. :thumbs: Thank you so much. This is PL ok right away.

So right now there are no open sections anymore, but if you want to record more in Indonesian, there is the multilingual project viewtopic.php?f=60&t=94329 where you can choose your own text, a poem, or a story, just make sure the source is public domain. Best ask and give us the link to your text before you record, so we can check whether it's ok for LibriVox.

Thanks, and I hope to see you soon again. Maybe one section will get orphaned again, so stay bookmarked, you never know, one section may be free again one day ;)

Sonia