Complete[FICTION] GROUP: Jean-Christophe In Paris by Romain Rolland-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sorry to press the issue. But if they are only suggestions and there are no errors covered by the recordings denominated Standard, then you are only adding to my time in the service to Librivox by making me chase phantoms for no reason. Jim :help:
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

neecheelok70 wrote: August 9th, 2022, 10:46 am Sorry to press the issue. But if they are only suggestions and there are no errors covered by the recordings denominated Standard, then you are only adding to my time in the service to Librivox by making me chase phantoms for no reason. Jim :help:
Apologies if my PL notes made you feel antagonised in any way! I never intend to take up anybody's time at LibriVox unnecessarily.

Only for technicality's sake (please don't get me wrong): standard PL does include pointing out prolonged pauses (feel free to refer to https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=ProofListening_tips_and_quiz), but I'd be the first to agree with you that this criterion is much more subjective than that for repeats and the like.

For pauses, it appears that our standards of acceptable length don't match incredibly well - which is fine! I just got the impression that you're rather open to suggestions from your previous interaction with Czandra regarding reading speed in this thread. But of course, I shouldn't make assumptions when it comes to a completely different category of suggestions.

I won't press on similar issues when I PL your sections in the future, unless I find it absolutely necessary (which is very unlikely, given your level of conscientiousness :lol:). Thank you for being open and thoughtful in your response! :thumbs:
Cheers,
Yuqing :D
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Perfect! That's an easy PL OK :)
Cheers,
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks for your help. I did know about pauses, but that explanation (viewtopic.php?f=61&t=17680), which I have read heretofore, made it sound like a longer (it says long) pause than any that were in the files where she cited them. It would be a serious oversight, which would be a bother to the listener. I will just hope for the best. And I would add that I have never been cited before for problems with pause length. Jim
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

And I should add an apology for being such a bother. Not usually my demeanor. Jim
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

SECTION 23 - PL OK
neecheelok70 wrote: August 10th, 2022, 9:58 am Thanks for your help. I did know about pauses, but that explanation (viewtopic.php?f=61&t=17680), which I have read heretofore, made it sound like a longer (it says long) pause than any that were in the files where she cited them. It would be a serious oversight, which would be a bother to the listener. I will just hope for the best. And I would add that I have never been cited before for problems with pause length. Jim
neecheelok70 wrote: August 11th, 2022, 9:16 am And I should add an apology for being such a bother. Not usually my demeanor. Jim
Don't worry at all! I understand how it must feel :)
Cheers,
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

SECTION 22 - PL OK :thumbs:
Cheers,
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Thank you! I'll get to it as I PL from the bottom :thumbs:
Cheers,
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

SECTION 21 - PL OK!
Thanks, Jim :clap:
Cheers,
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks for your help. Jim :)
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

BrianFullen wrote: August 13th, 2022, 12:15 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/jeanchristopheinparis_16_rolland_128kb.mp3
(17:14)

Enjoy the weekend!
Received with thanks :thumbs:
Cheers,
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Hello Yuqing. Before you PL section 13, I would like too edit it. It has too much breathiness and drags a bit. Is it okay for me to modify and then upload the fix to the same location? Thanks, Brian
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

BrianFullen wrote: August 13th, 2022, 12:15 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/jeanchristopheinparis_16_rolland_128kb.mp3
(17:14)

Enjoy the weekend!
Sections 14 and 16 - PL OK
Cheers,