COMPLETE National Geographic Magazine Vol. 10 - September 1899 - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

It's perfect! Thank you, Ava! PL OK!
CrabbyCrab

Post by CrabbyCrab »

I am sorry for not doing it! School has been starting up again so I have been busy. I will try to have it finished on tuesday.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you for the update!

Here's the bit that needs fixing:
Rapunzelina wrote: June 17th, 2022, 1:34 pm A fine first recording!

There's one repetition at 8:02 and 8:13, "This association marks ...", which should be an easy fix. With the recording opened in Audacity, highlight with your mouse the bit you want removed, then press delete.

There's a phrase missing, which would go at current 10:46 "... Washington Gladden. Before the section of Anthropology: "A Comparative Study ...". There are a few ways to add a new phrase in an existing recording. What I do is make a new recording of the missing phrase and then copy and paste it where I want it in the original. I may need to adjust the volume of the new phrase to match with the rest.

When you're ready with the fixes, just upload with the same filename.
CrabbyCrab

Post by CrabbyCrab »

It is my bad I did not do it today even though I meant to when my sister was doing her SAT. MY silly brain forgot :(

I am going to try to have a constant time each week to make sure that I do it. I did my schedule and I can have it in on Sunday (for real this time!). I am very sorry for holding up this project and thank you for your patience.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Don't stress about it! It's all good!
Thank you for the update!

PS. Good luck to your sister with her SAT!
CrabbyCrab

Post by CrabbyCrab »

I was working on it last Sunday but the weather decided to storm!

I will try to work on it more today. I have not forgotten it :)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

🤞I hope it goes well today :mrgreen:
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

CrabbyCrab wrote: August 28th, 2022, 7:05 am I was working on it last Sunday but the weather decided to storm!

I will try to work on it more today. I have not forgotten it :)
Just to clarify, you do not need to record the whole section from scratch, just to fix the two PL notes:
There's one repetition at 8:02 and 8:13, "This association marks ...", which should be an easy fix. With the recording opened in Audacity, highlight with your mouse the bit you want removed, then press delete.

There's a phrase missing, which would go at current 10:46 "... Washington Gladden. Before the section of Anthropology: "A Comparative Study ...". There are a few ways to add a new phrase in an existing recording. What I do is make a new recording of the missing phrase and then copy and paste it where I want it in the original. I may need to adjust the volume of the new phrase to match with the rest.
If you don't have your original recording any more, you can download it from the Magic Window and work on it in Audacity.
CrabbyCrab

Post by CrabbyCrab »

Thank you so much! I will try to work on it today. I had lost it but now I know that I dont have to record the whole thing again.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Great! I hope you can make it today 🤞 we're so close now!
CrabbyCrab

Post by CrabbyCrab »

I dont quite see how I can download it or import it onto audicity so that I can edit it. Sorry if this is an obvious question.

nevermind! I figured it out
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

There's the 'listen' link in the Magic Window. Right-click on it and choose "Save link as" then download to a location where you can easily find it, like your desktop. Then go to your saved file, right click on it and choose Open With... See if you have Audacity as an option in that menu. Otherwise, first launch Audacity and then Open the file from within. Then you work on the file, and when ready, export and re-upload. Hope this all makes sense!

Sorry, I was typing while you figured it out :D
CrabbyCrab

Post by CrabbyCrab »

I think that this is it! https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ngm10_09_06_128kb.mp3

Sorry about it taking so long :lol: I look forward to doing more in the future :D
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Whoohoo!! Time to get this into the catalogue! :clap:

Thank you, Crabby Crab!!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »