[COMPLETE]The Story of The Treasure Seekers - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mmdollar

Post by mmdollar »

Laur

Post by Laur »

mmdollar wrote: June 26th, 2022, 4:09 am Here is chapter 7 :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/treasureseekers_07_nesbit_128kb.mp3 (18:57)
Hi Michelle,
Chapter 7 - PL OK
Note: There was a minor problem with some extra noise... sounded liked someone opened a door on you maybe? while you were recording and you said ...yesss??...then the door closed and you continued. Because this was not over any of your recorded words for the book, I went ahead and edited the extra noise (and the "yes") out, and adjusted the space in the track. All fixed, so it's PL OK, but it did effect the original time you had for the recording. I noted that as well. New time was 18:32.
llamaart

Post by llamaart »

Hi Laur, after this project is over, I will be doing a DR of the story of the treasure seekers. And I was wondering if you would like to be the narrator. If not that's OK but I wanted to give you first choice scents you are a great DPL. :D

Allie
In God I trust.
Laur

Post by Laur »

llamaart wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 5:51 am Hi Laur, after this project is over, I will be doing a DR of the story of the treasure seekers. And I was wondering if you would like to be the narrator. If not that's OK but I wanted to give you first choice scents you are a great DPL. :D

Allie
Allie, thank you so much for the kind compliment :9: :D I'm very flattered you would think of me for a project too! Truth is, I've got a few other projects going on right now at the same time (including recording a solo) so I just don't have the time to join another for the time being. But thanks for considering me. Best Wishes for your future projects! :thumbs:
mmdollar

Post by mmdollar »

Laur

Post by Laur »

Chapter 9 PL OK (but see note below)

Hi Michelle,
I did take care of a couple of minor things for you in the recording just to save some time for both of us. Since there were no word stumbles, or anything that you would of had to re-record with you voice, I did adjust/eliminate an excessive amount of noise in the recording, and your ending was over 10 seconds long. Most of us probably have to run the "noise reduction" app in Audacity after we finish a recording (unless you can be sound-proof), and it was probably just an oversite on the ending being way too long, but we want that trimmed to 5 seconds. Thank you very much for a nice reading. :thumbs:
mmdollar

Post by mmdollar »

Laur wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 8:20 pm
Chapter 9 PL OK (but see note below)

Hi Michelle,
I did take care of a couple of minor things for you in the recording just to save some time for both of us. Since there were no word stumbles, or anything that you would of had to re-record with you voice, I did adjust/eliminate an excessive amount of noise in the recording, and your ending was over 10 seconds long. Most of us probably have to run the "noise reduction" app in Audacity after we finish a recording (unless you can be sound-proof), and it was probably just an oversite on the ending being way too long, but we want that trimmed to 5 seconds. Thank you very much for a nice reading. :thumbs:
Thank you very much! I appreciate it. I will try the noise reduction in my next recording and check that the ending is 5 seconds.
mmdollar

Post by mmdollar »

Laur

Post by Laur »

PL NOTES

We have some noise problems in the file - and many of the background noises come over the top of your voice.
@13:47 (noise over your voice..."and gave her the shilling")
@13:42 (noise over your voice... "Alice"...said)
@14:23 - WOW - Have no idea what this is but it literally made jump out of my seat/and I think my heart skipped a beat. Super loud - sounds almost like a needle scratching across a record!)
@19:42 (noise over your voice)

.... But the kids are having a good time with the Sherry, eh?! :)
mmdollar

Post by mmdollar »

My 13 year old daughter had to help me hear some of these! I hope they are fixed. Thank you...

Ch 11

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/treasureseekers_11_nesbit_128kb.mp3
Laur

Post by Laur »

mmdollar wrote: July 15th, 2022, 2:19 pm My 13 year old daughter had to help me hear some of these! I hope they are fixed. Thank you...

Ch 11

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/treasureseekers_11_nesbit_128kb.mp3
Hi Michelle. That’s ok - we all have a learning curve and many a time, the kids are in front of ours!
Sorry, I’ve been super busy & had company this weekend, but my life should return back to a normal schedule soon so I can get this PL’d. Thanks for your patience!
Laur

Post by Laur »

Chapter 11 - PL NOTE

@19:43-1/2 there is still a background noise over your words "into a" in your phrase. I've tried to isolate it and delete, but it can't be deleted over your words. The only way to fix this is to record "into a" OR perhaps just delete the whole phrase: "and showed us into a very tiny room" and re-record the entire phrase so sound, pitch, tempo are sure to match.

Also our BC (Allie) and/or our MC (Anne) may not think the background bump noise is significant enough to worry about and their opinion may be just let it pass and PL OK this thing - in which I certainly will do whatever is decided. However, as the DPL I feel it is my responsibility to point out, I still do hear it, and just wanted to let you know it still there.

At this point, a decision needs to made... to attempt to fix the noise over words, or ignore it and pass the file. Whatever the decision, by BC and/or MC, we will do as someone needs to respond here.

PS... the other corrections to be made previously noted are PL OK. It's just thing one that remains.
Thank you.
Laur
llamaart

Post by llamaart »

Laur wrote: July 18th, 2022, 11:10 am Chapter 11 - PL NOTE

@19:43-1/2 there is still a background noise over your words "into a" in your phrase. I've tried to isolate it and delete, but it can't be deleted over your words. The only way to fix this is to record "into a" OR perhaps just delete the whole phrase: "and showed us into a very tiny room" and re-record the entire phrase so sound, pitch, tempo are sure to match.

Also our BC (Allie) and/or our MC (Anne) may not think the background bump noise is significant enough to worry about and their opinion may be just let it pass and PL OK this thing - in which I certainly will do whatever is decided. However, as the DPL I feel it is my responsibility to point out, I still do hear it, and just wanted to let you know it still there.

At this point, a decision needs to made... to attempt to fix the noise over words, or ignore it and pass the file. Whatever the decision, by BC and/or MC, we will do as someone needs to respond here.

PS... the other corrections to be made previously noted are PL OK. It's just thing one that remains.
Thank you.
Laur
I think a minor bump is OK, but if it causes the words to not be understood it definitely needs to be fixed.
In God I trust.
Laur

Post by Laur »

llamaart wrote: July 18th, 2022, 12:35 pm
Laur wrote: July 18th, 2022, 11:10 am Chapter 11 - PL NOTE

Thank you.
Laur
I think a minor bump is OK, but if it causes the words to not be understood it definitely needs to be fixed.
Thank you, Allie! 10-4 then, it's PL OK
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Bumps etc that do not interfere with the understanding of words do not need to be fixed. We do not require readers to have soundproof booths.

Anne