[COMPLETE] Representative Men by Ralph Waldo Emerson - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

KevinS wrote: June 29th, 2022, 4:15 pm
williamjones wrote: June 29th, 2022, 5:03 am [These words that begin in "MN" should be pronounced as tho the "M" weren't there at all.
That's a rule? I'll never remember that.
That rule was inscribed on the backside of the 10 commandments tablets, thus often overlooked.
Mr. google says:
mnemonic
nĭ-mŏn′ĭk

adjective Relating to, assisting, or intended to assist the memory.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Hey, Thanks, Rita!

The filename of your file is a bit off.
should be representativemen_11_emerson_128kb.mp3
I could upload it myself with the correct file name, but it's probably better if you do it.
Announce having done this in a posting and I'll PL this later today. Promise.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

FloraMetrick

Post by FloraMetrick »

Bill Jones, my husband, is helping me to get over the hurdle of getting LV to let me upload Section 09, On Shakespeare Part 1.
But, LV is fighting me at every opportunity.

When I click on the UPLOAD link, it asks for my user name and password, but doesn't accept what I know are correct entries.

HELP!! Anyone out there??

-- Flora
Flora Metrick
Music sounds the way feelings feel.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

FloraMetrick wrote: June 30th, 2022, 1:47 pm Bill Jones, my husband, is helping me to get over the hurdle of getting LV to let me upload Section 09, On Shakespeare Part 1.

When I click on the UPLOAD link, it asks for my user name and password, but doesn't accept what I know are correct entries.

-- Flora
Use the generic login:

The workflow system (uploader and Magic Windows) use a different login/password system than the forums. Until you're set up as a soloist or someone else that needs access inside Magic Windows, you use the generic login.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

TriciaG wrote: June 30th, 2022, 2:03 pm
FloraMetrick wrote: June 30th, 2022, 1:47 pm Bill Jones, my husband, is helping me to get over the hurdle of getting LV to let me upload Section 09, On Shakespeare Part 1.

-- Flora
Use the generic login:

The workflow system (uploader and Magic Windows) use a different login/password system than the forums. Until you're set up as a soloist or someone else that needs access inside Magic Windows, you use the generic login.
But if Flora wants her own, separate credit, she can do a solo intro, also, right? Just a suggestion.
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Huh? What is a solo intro?

She'll be entered as a reader, and get credit for her recorded chapters. Not all readers have access to Magic Windows, to go in and change them. That's what I'm referring to: if you have had never been set up to go in and edit what's inside the Magic Window, you must use the generic login. :)
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

TriciaG wrote: June 30th, 2022, 2:44 pm Huh? What is a solo intro?

She'll be entered as a reader, and get credit for her recorded chapters. Not all readers have access to Magic Windows, to go in and change them. That's what I'm referring to: if you have had never been set up to go in and edit what's inside the Magic Window, you must use the generic login. :)
I meant the 1-minute intro / recording verification. I thought everybody had to go through that in order to get their "official" name entered into the catalog. In future I'll avoid the temptation to be so "helpful." :mrgreen:
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Ohhh! Okay, that makes sense. :)

I'm trusting that since she and Bill are spouses, that Bill has helped her with her tech specs. ;)
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

TriciaG wrote: June 30th, 2022, 2:44 pm Huh? What is a solo intro?

Flora, in the long ago past, did the 1-minute test.
LV knows about FloraMetrick but
-- won't let her upload a file (thanks for the generic option, Tricia)
-- won't allow her to change her password as in {"Forgot password?")
-- won't let her send a PM
-- yet knows about her:
FloraMetrick
Catalog name: FloraMetrick
Forum name: FloraMetrick

Reader section details
Total sections: 2
Total matches: 1

-- it knows that she is signed up for Representative men, obviously.

I'll bet that Tricia's generic option will allow Flora to upload her files. I don't know what sort of "credit" she'll be lacking nor whether she givens a da...... dang about that. She has finally taken the step to join in this Librivox acitivity. She has always liked the basic idea. And, she has a great voice -- choral director and singer since Christ was a corporal.

Thank you for your counsel and advice.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

TriciaG wrote: June 30th, 2022, 2:03 pm

-- Flora
Use the generic login:

Many thanks.
Flora is a Guardian Adlitem for th Collier County Foster Children system. She is up in Ft. Myers "visiting" with an new child entered into that system and evaluating the situation with the Bio-parent and Foster parent. She has a report to write about her impressions, then she'll do that upload later tonight.

-- Billl
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Thanks, Rita!
This section is PL - OK :clap:

Around 30:48 and following, is mentioned that Napoleon was a builder of "magnificent roads"
... sorta like the ancient romans
... And the Netherlanders huge country-wide canal system
... And Hitler's Autobahns
... And Eisenhower's U.S. Interstate highway system, too

Another instance of history repeating itself, eh?
Just sayin'.......
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
FloraMetrick

Post by FloraMetrick »

Flora Metrick
Music sounds the way feelings feel.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

FloraMetrick wrote: July 1st, 2022, 8:56 am I have uploaded section 9.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/representativemen_09_emerson_128kb.mp3 27.04
Thank you, Flora.
I'll PL your file later today.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison