[COMPLETE] The Story Of My Life - Part 3 (Supplementary Material), ed. by John A. Macy - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Wayne, would you please record this for section 14

[The difficulties which Miss Sullivan found in 1891 are, in a measure, the difficulties which show in Miss Keller's speech today.]

And for Section 15.
[The entire letter is published on pp. 245 and 246 of the Report of the Perkins Institution for 1891]
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ch. 12 and 13 are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

And 12 was not boring to listen to - so you did a nice job with it!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
msfry

Post by msfry »

14 and 15 are nearly done. A little more housekeeping is in order.

Section 15

Victoria
, could you please record:

'Out of the cloud-folds of his garments Winter shakes the snow.'

"The ground was all aquiver with the stir of new life. My heart sang for very joy. I thought of my own dear home. I knew that in that sunny land spring had come in all its splendour. 'All its birds and all its blossoms, all its flowers and all its grasses.'"

"It seems to me the world is full of goodness, beauty, and love; and how grateful we must be to our heavenly Father, who has given us so much to enjoy! His love and care are written all over the walls of nature."
Teabender

Post by Teabender »

msfry wrote: May 21st, 2022, 9:27 am Section 12 uploaded at last.

This was a difficult read. Anne's long, weighty, convoluted sentences, were hard to make flow in any smooth way. Also, I had many interruptions, plus head and chest conjestion part way through, and had to re-record many snippets. Helen's frequent interjections are the only thing that gives it "lift", IMO. Yeah, Victoria!
Glad Helen's interjections helped! And I sympathize. I lose my breath and/or get a constant frog in my throat when I'm recording longer sentences. That's part of the hold-up with the final section I'm working on, and I need to try to get the French phrase right. Eek, French. :shock:
msfry wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 5:04 pm 14 and 15 are nearly done. A little more housekeeping is in order.

Section 15

Victoria
, could you please record:

'Out of the cloud-folds of his garments Winter shakes the snow.'

"The ground was all aquiver with the stir of new life. My heart sang for very joy. I thought of my own dear home. I knew that in that sunny land spring had come in all its splendour. 'All its birds and all its blossoms, all its flowers and all its grasses.'"

"It seems to me the world is full of goodness, beauty, and love; and how grateful we must be to our heavenly Father, who has given us so much to enjoy! His love and care are written all over the walls of nature."
Sure. thanks for catching these! I'll try to get these soon.
Teabender

Post by Teabender »

msfry

Post by msfry »

Teabender wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 6:08 pm I need to try to get the French phrase right. Eek, French. :shock:
If you send your phrases/paragraphs over to the Pronunciation Help forum, someone will send you an audio file with them pronounced perfectly!
msfry

Post by msfry »

FYI, I just posted another project, Birdie and His Fairy Friends, to the New Projects Launchpad.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=92937&p=2053666#p2053666

Victoria, if you want to claim any of the sections, let me know right away. The MW is filled in, and I've reserved these 3 stories pertaining to Helen for a few days, or until I hear from you.

Section 15 here explores how Helen could possibly have been read stories from this book, and Wayne's last portion explains how snippets from The Frost Fairies, The Dew Fairies, and The Rose Fairies, which were very similar to Helen's The Frost King, led to so much controversy. Also, how Mrs. Canby completely exonerated Helen from any hint of plagerism.
Teabender

Post by Teabender »

msfry wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 7:44 am
Teabender wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 6:08 pm I need to try to get the French phrase right. Eek, French. :shock:
If you send your phrases/paragraphs over to the Pronunciation Help forum, someone will send you an audio file with them pronounced perfectly!
Oh perfect, thanks for the tip! I'll give it a try!

I'm sorry, I'm afraid I can't take on new projects right now, but thanks so much for giving me a chance at those sections. I've long been curious about "Birdie and His Fairy Friends" and I'm happy that it will soon be an audiobook.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Teabender wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 3:29 pm I'm sorry, I'm afraid I can't take on new projects right now, but thanks so much for giving me a chance at those sections. I've long been curious about "Birdie and His Fairy Friends" and I'm happy that it will soon be an audiobook.
I may just claim them myself. But I won't do as good a job as Helen, er, I mean you, would have done.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Michele,

I am so sorry this has taken so long. :cry: :roll: :oops:

I combined the two sentences you wanted in one file. I hope that is OK and doesn't make any extra work for you:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/kellerlife3_14adds_wc.mp3

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
msfry

Post by msfry »

msfry

Post by msfry »

Victoria, could I get you to re-record Helen's recitation of Longfellow in 15, such that it "almost sings" the way Anne describes. Not really "sings", but not quite so flat. It's just a suggestion. I can always run with what we have now.

One warm, sunny day in early spring, when we were at the North, the balmy atmosphere appears to have brought to her mind the sentiment expressed by Longfellow in "Hiawatha," and she almost sings with the poet: "The ground was all aquiver with the stir of new life. My heart sang for very joy. I thought of my own dear home. I knew that in that sunny land spring had come in all its splendour. 'All its birds and all its blossoms, all its flowers and all its grasses.'
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Teabender

Post by Teabender »

Sorry for the delay, had a lot going on the past few days. I think maybe it'll be best to go with the Longfellow recitation as is, and I'll focus on trying to get the final Helen section done as soon as I can.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 14 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)