[COMPLETE]Henry IV, Part 2 by William Shakespeare - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Induction
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/2henryiv_induction.mp3

I am getting privacy warnings from the site. It looks like the security certificate has expired. Causing a lot of problems with trying to upload and access various pages.
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Yes. Just now I was trying to reload the page to see if anyone had responded to my last post and saw a privacy warning.

Brad
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Yes, the site is uncharacteristically wonky today! I had some trouble linking everyone's files in the MW, but managed to do so after a bit of time.

But WOW, thank you for your efforts to meet the deadline, Craig and Brad! :clap: This is stupendous. Now about 90% of the remaining scenes can technically be edited together (although I'd prefer if all the roles in those scenes were PL OK first). We're well on our way!

Craig: can I trouble you to record your Dramatis Personae? I just need your roles before I can upload the file. Here they are for convenience; simply record them in this order (with "read by Craig Franklin" at the end of each) and upload as soon as you can.
• Thomas, Duke of Clarence, his son
• The Earl of Westmoreland
• Lord Chief-Justice of the King’s Bench
• The Earl of Northumberland
• Scroop, Archbishop of York
• Poins
• Shallow, a country justice
• Wart, a recruit
• First Drawer
I will PL some of the files you both turned in soon!
Tomas Peter
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

And here are a couple of PL notes:

Poins 2.2
1:04 (optional): I hear “This reason?” but it should be “The reason?” (however, it can be kept as is if preferred, seeing as the meaning is not too substantially altered)
3:20: I hear “It will imitate,” but it should be “I will imitate…”
4:12: I hear “I’ll keep this” when it should be “I’ll steep this…”

Westmoreland 4.1: PL OK

Falstaff 4.3
6:30: I hear “forswear their potations” when it should be “forswear thin potations” (forswearing their potations doesn't make sense if he's recommending them to drink sherry, which is a potation)

Clarence 5.2
0:01: I hear “Good morning” when it should be “Good morrow” (normally this wouldn’t matter, but because this line is being combined with Gloucester’s, I’d like both lines to match)
Tomas Peter
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

PL for Act 4.2

Archbishop 4.2 - PL-OK
Westmoreland 4.2 - PL-Ok
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Sorry for the delay on Doll! Her part has been recorded and I should be able to edit this evening.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

jennlea wrote: May 20th, 2022, 12:57 pm Sorry for the delay on Doll! Her part has been recorded and I should be able to edit this evening.
Thanks, Jenn! Also, please record the Dramatis Personae intro (see page 6) if you're able to, as that way I'll be able to finish the file as soon as Craig sends me his credits.
Tomas Peter
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

WiltedScribe wrote: May 20th, 2022, 1:54 pm
jennlea wrote: May 20th, 2022, 12:57 pm Sorry for the delay on Doll! Her part has been recorded and I should be able to edit this evening.
Thanks, Jenn! Also, please record the Dramatis Personae intro (see page 6) if you're able to, as that way I'll be able to finish the file as soon as Craig sends me his credits.
Will do! I had missed that note, thanks!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

Clarence 4.5 - PL- OK
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

-Jenn B.
My Recordings
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thank you, Jenn! And, with that, every role has been submitted! :clap: I'm so proud of everyone's work ethic to meet this deadline. Now, the next phase of this project begins, which will be PLing all the roles in your assigned scenes and then editing them together. I'll let everyone work at their own pace on this, but if you could try to get the PLing and editing done within the next month, that would be great! Everyone only has four scenes to take care of, so, unless you're in charge of one of the few "monster" scenes, this shouldn't take too long to do.

Jenn, the disclaimer for the Dramatis Personae is PL OK; however, for Doll 5.4, I have one suggested correction: the word "swinged" is pronounced "swinjed" (rhymed with "fringe"), which is an old literary word for physically assaulting someone. I don't think the pronunciation matters too much, but I think the correct pronunciation gives a bit of a clearer meaning.
Tomas Peter
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

WiltedScribe wrote: May 20th, 2022, 8:18 pm Jenn, the disclaimer for the Dramatis Personae is PL OK; however, for Doll 5.4, I have one suggested correction: the word "swinged" is pronounced "swinjed" (rhymed with "fringe"), which is an old literary word for physically assaulting someone. I don't think the pronunciation matters too much, but I think the correct pronunciation gives a bit of a clearer meaning.
Thanks, Tomas! I am always happy to correct any pronunciation issues! I’ll correct that file tomorrow as well as catch up in PLing.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

2henryiv_porter_1_1 PLOK

Some minor notes! Not really sure if they warrant correction and the extra words can be dropped at edit anyway.
Morton 1_1
1:30 I hear 'who's spirit lit a fire'
text reads 'Who's spirit lent a fire'

3:16 I hear 'for which'
text reads 'the which'

5:13 I hear 'that their weapons only seem'd TO FIGHT on our side'
text 'that their weapons only seem'd on our side'
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

PL for Act 2, scene i

Narrator. PLOK
Fang. PLOK