[COMPLETE] A Cup Of Sweets, That Can Never Cloy by Elizabeth Semple - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Nammy

Post by Nammy »

I'm lost on this one! I went to the text and did a "find in page." There are 30 or 31 instances of "shews" in that text, but only one of them is in my section which I have changed to shows. I don't know what you are hearing that sounds like shews.

This is from 2:15 to 2:20:
"And mama do you know that Robert is supposed to be the person that shows it?"

From 2:21 to 2:24 it says:
"for he says that he can talk just like the man that came to our house last year."

This covers 2:15 through 2:24. After that he says about wishing it was bought so he could talk about the long story he should tell about the moon and the sun and the stars. (Not an exact quote.)

I wish I could figure it out, but that's what I'm hearing. Sorry for all the confusion.
Some people think holding on is tough; sometimes it's letting go.
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Nammy wrote: May 20th, 2022, 2:19 pm I'm lost on this one! I went to the text and did a "find in page." There are 30 or 31 instances of "shews" in that text, but only one of them is in my section which I have changed to shows. I don't know what you are hearing that sounds like shews.

This is from 2:15 to 2:20:
"And mama do you know that Robert is supposed to be the person that shows it?"

From 2:21 to 2:24 it says:
"for he says that he can talk just like the man that came to our house last year."

This covers 2:15 through 2:24. After that he says about wishing it was bought so he could talk about the long story he should tell about the moon and the sun and the stars. (Not an exact quote.)

I wish I could figure it out, but that's what I'm hearing. Sorry for all the confusion.
Did you listen from the link in the magic window? If so, I'll let it go. I'm still hearing "shews" in the 2:15 to 2:20 instance, but maybe it's just my ears.
Krista
Nammy

Post by Nammy »

That is weird! It is "shews" in the link, but not on my recording! That has me totally baffled now! Let me look to see if I have more than one file or if somehow it didn't save the change. However, I opened the only file with that name and listened to it, and it was fine.

Is it possible that my revised upload did not overwrite the original? I'm not sure how that works on your end. From what I understood, I thought it just creates a second file. Could the first file be in the link, and not the revised one?

I really don't know how to fix it on my end. Perhaps I could record "shows" where it's playing "shews" in the link and upload it again which makes no sense. On my file, it is definitely shows! On the link, it's shews--not your ears! :help:

I'm tempted to start from the beginning and redo the whole thing. That makes no sense either! Throw me a life jacket!

Carol
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Nammy wrote: May 20th, 2022, 5:34 pm That is weird! It is "shews" in the link, but not on my recording! That has me totally baffled now! Let me look to see if I have more than one file or if somehow it didn't save the change. However, I opened the only file with that name and listened to it, and it was fine.

Is it possible that my revised upload did not overwrite the original? I'm not sure how that works on your end. From what I understood, I thought it just creates a second file. Could the first file be in the link, and not the revised one?

I really don't know how to fix it on my end. Perhaps I could record "shows" where it's playing "shews" in the link and upload it again which makes no sense. On my file, it is definitely shows! On the link, it's shews--not your ears! :help:

I'm tempted to start from the beginning and redo the whole thing. That makes no sense either! Throw me a life jacket!

Carol
It's possible your upload was unsuccessful. Don't try to record again, but do try your upload again and let's see if that helps. Thanks!
Alternate option - change the name. Do an upload with a different filename. If that works & has the fix, I'll sort it out with our MC.

I do see that you re-uploaded at 8:42pm (5 minutes ago) and that one is still the wrong version

One other thought. Are you listening to the MP3 on your end, or the Audacity file? Make sure you check that you actually re-exported the MP3 when you made the update.
Krista
Nammy

Post by Nammy »

You've got to be kidding me! It sounds like when I export it, it's not saving the change which means it did NOT overwrite the old file! I'll try a slightly different filename. I'm so sorry!

Carol
Nammy

Post by Nammy »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/cupofsweets_17R_semple_128kb.mp3

I put and "R" for revision. Cross your fingers! I'll keep trying and thinking and listening!

Carol
Nammy

Post by Nammy »

I played it through my media player, and it's fine there too!

C
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Nammy wrote: May 20th, 2022, 5:54 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/cupofsweets_17R_semple_128kb.mp3

I put and "R" for revision. Cross your fingers! I'll keep trying and thinking and listening!

Carol
Yay! Success!!
Two choices - you can rename that on your system to remove the R, and try *one* more upload.
Or leave it alone and I'll ask Tricia to rename it on her end before she catalogs.
Krista
Nammy

Post by Nammy »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/cupofsweets_17_semple_128kb.mp3

I hope this works so you don't have to change the file name.

Carol
Nammy

Post by Nammy »

Praise the Lord! I have no idea what happened or how it was fixed. All I can say is "WHEW!"

Sorry for owning the forum. You should rename it for me after this! Don't check the forum; go check Nammy! :lol: :clap: :thumbs:

Thanks, you're all the best!

On to the next...
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Nammy wrote: May 20th, 2022, 6:18 pm Praise the Lord! I have no idea what happened or how it was fixed. All I can say is "WHEW!"

Sorry for owning the forum. You should rename it for me after this! Don't check the forum; go check Nammy! :lol: :clap: :thumbs:

Thanks, you're all the best!

On to the next...
And we have liftoff!! This is perfect now, MW is correct with the standard filename. Phew! :thumbs:
Krista
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Thank you. These are queued for PL.
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Very nicely read.

Section 14 is PL OK.

Section 16 has just one item: