[COMPLETE][Short Stories]The Black Cat Vol. 02 No. 9 June 1897 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Kitty wrote: January 20th, 2022, 11:07 am hi Sarah :) happy to have your voice back in the Black Cat. Section 4 is yours. And I'm sure it will be fine, looking forward to your version.

Thanks

Sonia
Thank you for having me. Here you go:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0209jun1897_4_various_128kb.mp3

Track Length is 29:58.

I feel that some of the edited parts are noticeable. And I also feel that I needed to improve the character's voices, particularly Lulu and Mrs. Wareen. Do you think so?

I'd be happy to adjust anything you want.

Have a nice Sunday!
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Sonia,

Here is Section 3:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0209jun1897_3_various_128kb.mp3

Run time is 20:12

Take care,

Greg
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you for this fast turn-around and for the excellently narrated story. :thumbs: The tragedy of it all unfolded quite quickly, I really enjoyed it.

BTW you posted it in the previous Black Cat issue, number 8, I moved the post to the correct thread.

Textually, all is perfect, I only have a few notes for some cuts to be made, quite easily done:

> at the beginning: the silence is too long: we recommend between 0.5 and 1 second maximum, you have nearly 2 seconds, could you cut a little bit there please ?

> from 0:38 to 0:42: there is a repeat of the title and author, you can cut out one of the versions

> at the end: we need a standard of 5 seconds of silence, you have more than 2, could you cut 2 seconds here as well please ?

Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SaraHale wrote: January 23rd, 2022, 2:12 amThank you for having me. Here you go:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0209jun1897_4_various_128kb.mp3
I feel that some of the edited parts are noticeable. And I also feel that I needed to improve the character's voices, particularly Lulu and Mrs. Wareen. Do you think so?
:clap: awww this was soooo funny, thank you Sarah. It was a great choice in story, I agree. Lovely, entertaining, not at all bitter and with a happy ending. Just what I love. And you narrated it perfectly, I don't think we need to correct anything here. I liked the characters you gave them all :thumbs: This is PL ok right away.

Thank you so much, and I noticed you had fun because I often heard a chuckle in your voice. I had to smile with you then. :D

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:shock: this fits right in with our Haunted Homes project ! It was quite creepy hearing this cry for help in intervals. But the solution...well...it feels a bit far-fetched :lol: Siberia is such a long way off from New South Wales. I'm not sure sound will transmit like that. :hmm: But it's a great story nevertheless. And wonderfully narrated in character, your cries for help gave me the chills.

Thanks, Greg, all PL ok :)

This could prove quite a fast project :shock: Only two sections left and we have only started a few days ago. If one more section comes in, I'll launch the next issue.

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Kitty wrote: January 24th, 2022, 1:54 am :clap: awww this was soooo funny, thank you Sarah. It was a great choice in story, I agree. Lovely, entertaining, not at all bitter and with a happy ending. Just what I love. And you narrated it perfectly, I don't think we need to correct anything here. I liked the characters you gave them all :thumbs: This is PL ok right away.

Thank you so much, and I noticed you had fun because I often heard a chuckle in your voice. I had to smile with you then. :D

Sonia
You're so welcome. I'm SUPER happy you enjoyed it. It really was a funny story.

Yeah, I was in a good mood, and the story helped as well. Happy to make you smile. :9:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Kitty wrote: January 24th, 2022, 2:20 am
:shock: this fits right in with our Haunted Homes project ! It was quite creepy hearing this cry for help in intervals. But the solution...well...it feels a bit far-fetched :lol: Siberia is such a long way off from New South Wales. I'm not sure sound will transmit like that. :hmm: But it's a great story nevertheless. And wonderfully narrated in character, your cries for help gave me the chills.

Thanks, Greg, all PL ok :)

This could prove quite a fast project :shock: Only two sections left and we have only started a few days ago. If one more section comes in, I'll launch the next issue.

Sonia
It was creepy and a lot of fun to read. I don't know either if it scientifically possible for sound to travel like that. It was an interesting idea notwithstanding.

I hope that another Black Cat does launch soon. I really enjoy these little stories of oddities!

Take care,

Greg
docdlmartin

Post by docdlmartin »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, now definitely PL ok :)

Sonia
inararabbani

Post by inararabbani »

Kitty wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 2:20 am
inararabbani wrote: January 21st, 2022, 6:20 pmHi! I'd like to claim "Silas Bartle's Snake-Bite Cure" (2). Would that be alright?
hello and welcome to the forum, and especially to the Black Cat project 8-) Always happy to hear new voices in this magazine.

I see you already started with the one-minute-test :thumbs: excellent, however please check out Jo's feedback on some technical issues and reupload a corrected version before you start working on this section. viewtopic.php?p=1999869#p1999869

As soon as the test is ok, I will officially assign you the section, please let me know what reader name you want to go by, can be your forum name or real name, or anything else you like. Then I'll open your personal reader page for you and you can start recording your first section. The section is now reserved for you, that means we are fully claimed and moving over to Readers Found.

Good luck with the test, and I hope to hear you soon. Thank you for claiming.

Sonia
Hi! I've reuploaded my one-minute test, but I plan to record my section on March 25, which would be slightly after the deadline you messaged me about (I wasn't able to reply to the private message as that feature is still restricted for me as a new user). Would it be okay for me to upload it then?

Thank you for your patience!

Inara
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

inararabbani wrote: March 13th, 2022, 3:42 pmHi! I've reuploaded my one-minute test, but I plan to record my section on March 25, which would be slightly after the deadline you messaged me about (I wasn't able to reply to the private message as that feature is still restricted for me as a new user). Would it be okay for me to upload it then?
hello Inara, so glad you got my PM and I get news from you. Yes, the PM feature only works once you have a bit more activity under your belt, for security reasons. But anyway it's always best to post in the project thread as it has an official trace of all communications then. :)

Super that your technical settings are ok now :thumbs: so here is your personal reader page, where all your projects and sections will be listed: https://librivox.org/reader/17273. If you want to change your reader name, for example use your real name or another pseudonym, please let me know and I can still change that.

So the section is now officially assigned to you. Thank you for letting me know about your time frame. I can grant you an extension if you need more time. But it's good to check in from time to time so I know what is up ;)

Be aware that if you record on the 25th, the section is quite long, and the editing process often can take up to 4 or 5 times the recording time. So maybe you even need a few days more than you expect, especially because it's your first section. Well, if you have any trouble, please ask right away. :)

Have fun with your section. I'm looking forward to hearing it. 8-)

Sonia
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

Here I go again. I hope you enjoy it. Warning: this one is sad.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0209jun1897_5_various_128kb.mp3 16:16
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JulieB3 wrote: March 14th, 2022, 6:48 pmHere I go again. I hope you enjoy it. Warning: this one is sad.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0209jun1897_5_various_128kb.mp3 16:16
aww it was sad, but I saw it coming quite soon. Another beautifully narrated story, thank you so much, Julie. This one is totally PL ok. :thumbs: I enjoyed it.

And since we are only waiting for one more story to finish, I think it's time to launch the next issue:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=91861

Maybe I'll see one or more of you again in that one.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

inararabbani wrote: March 13th, 2022, 3:42 pmHi! I've reuploaded my one-minute test, but I plan to record my section on March 25, which would be slightly after the deadline you messaged me about (I wasn't able to reply to the private message as that feature is still restricted for me as a new user). Would it be okay for me to upload it then?
Hello Inara, hope all goes well with your recording. I will give you a one-month extension, so until the 22 April, so you can finish the section without any stress. First recordings can be daunting and this section is quite long. Of course if you can finish earlier, we would all be thrilled to have this in our catalogue ;) Just let me know updates along the way, that I know you're still working on this. And if there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Sonia
inararabbani

Post by inararabbani »

Hi again! Here is my section. https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0209jun1897_2_various_128kb.mp3. The run time is 24:18. Thank you so much for all the patience and apologies again for the delays in getting this finished.