[COMPLETE][Short Stories]The Black Cat Vol. 02 No. 8 May 1897 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
voussoir

Post by voussoir »

Kitty wrote: November 24th, 2021, 12:53 am :clap: well what can I say, it's a brilliant first submission, so thank you very much for this.
Thank you for your kind words, Kitty! I enjoyed doing it and hope to continuously improve some aspects of my vocal performance through future submissions.
Only one small note for future recordings. You leave over 2 seconds between the end of the story and the end disclaimer...I always recommend not exceeding 2 seconds anywhere, as it feels very long for a listener to hear such a long silence.
I agree with you. I intentionally made this gap longer than the rest because it's the end, but I think 1.0-1.5s would have been better. I still have my Audacity window open so it would be no trouble for me to resubmit if you'd like an update.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

voussoir wrote: November 24th, 2021, 2:29 amI agree with you. I intentionally made this gap longer than the rest because it's the end, but I think 1.0-1.5s would have been better. I still have my Audacity window open so it would be no trouble for me to resubmit if you'd like an update.
ah well, you can if you wish...but as you said, it's really no big deal because it's the end. In the middle of the text I definitely would have wanted shorter breaks.

It's ok, no need to reupload for me.

Sonia
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Sonia,

Here is Section 5 -

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0208may1897_5_various_128kb.mp3

Run time is 15:22

Take care,

Greg
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Here is Section 3: A Modern Goliath.

Not quite sure how the title is related to the story... but maybe you can tell me :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0208may1897_3_various_128kb.mp3 - 35:33
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Greg. But oh ! what a sad and tragic story :cry: I was hoping for at least one man to survive in the end. :( Nevertheless, the story is wonderfully written and excellently narrated :thumbs: Perfectly PL ok. I enjoyed it, despite the upwelling tears...

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jakemalizia wrote: November 28th, 2021, 1:24 pmHere is Section 3: A Modern Goliath.
Not quite sure how the title is related to the story... but maybe you can tell me :lol:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0208may1897_3_various_128kb.mp3 - 35:33
yes I think I understand the title. The wound was inflicted by a tiny pebble on the forehead, which is the exact same way the Biblical Goliath was brought down by David. The story explains how a strong and courageous man can well lose against a very insignificant wound.

I loved the story, especially because it has a happy ending. I was fully expecting another tragic turn during the trial. :shock: Luckily this time the ending was positive.

Thanks Jake, excellently narrated and all PL ok.

Sonia
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Kitty wrote: November 29th, 2021, 1:47 am
jakemalizia wrote: November 28th, 2021, 1:24 pmHere is Section 3: A Modern Goliath.
yes I think I understand the title. The wound was inflicted by a tiny pebble on the forehead, which is the exact same way the Biblical Goliath was brought down by David. The story explains how a strong and courageous man can well lose against a very insignificant wound.

I loved the story, especially because it has a happy ending. I was fully expecting another tragic turn during the trial. :shock: Luckily this time the ending was positive.

Thanks Jake, excellently narrated and all PL ok.

Sonia
Ohhh, thanks for the info! That makes a lot of sense now. I had no idea because I was not raised in a religion...so no bible study or anything like that. I'm totally oblivious with these things :lol:. Thanks for the PL! I'm glad it was a happy ending too.
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Kitty wrote: November 29th, 2021, 1:03 am
thank you, Greg. But oh ! what a sad and tragic story :cry: I was hoping for at least one man to survive in the end. :( Nevertheless, the story is wonderfully written and excellently narrated :thumbs: Perfectly PL ok. I enjoyed it, despite the upwelling tears...

Sonia
I agree! I hoped the last guy would have made it. They were so close! I'll bet this happened more than we will ever know!

Take care,

Greg
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

So sorry I've been MIA. Somehow didn't realize a new job and doing a play would eat up all my time. Could I have please have a two-week extension?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JulieB3 wrote: January 16th, 2022, 3:44 pmSo sorry I've been MIA. Somehow didn't realize a new job and doing a play would eat up all my time. Could I have please have a two-week extension?
thank you for letting me know, yes an extension won't be a problem, but you are still within the deadline for the time being. Still one week :) Stay in contact, and I hope your new job is not stressing you out too much. :?

Sonia
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

Thank you.
NarratorJ

Post by NarratorJ »

Due to recent events, and some circumstances beyond my control, I have, regrettably, come to the realization that it will not be possible for me to complete my section for this issue in a timely manner, and that it would be best for the project if someone else were able to adopt it. My apologies to the group for delaying the completion of the issue.
Thanks,
J
feedback / constructive criticism appreciated
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NarratorJ wrote: January 18th, 2022, 9:16 am Due to recent events, and some circumstances beyond my control, I have, regrettably, come to the realization that it will not be possible for me to complete my section for this issue in a timely manner, and that it would be best for the project if someone else were able to adopt it. My apologies to the group for delaying the completion of the issue.
Thanks,
J
thank you for letting me know, J. I hope the circumstances are not too negative and that we can hear from you soon again.

Well, this gives me the opportunity to read a story in this anthology again, I'll take it over from here.

All the best

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And here is the interesting report of Jeremiah Miggleton... I must say, it was a nice highlight near the end, though a tragic story.

Since I cannot PL my own sections, would someone be willing to prooflisten it for me ? If you have time, please make a note here before you download, so that the work will not be done double. Thanks

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0208may1897_1_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 26:58 min.

And as always, one last section to go...this means I will launch the next project. Stay tuned !!! Will prep the MW now and post the link here once it's up and running.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

The new project has launched: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=90890

Sonia