COMPLETE [PHILOSOPHY/RELIGION] The Spirit's Book, by Allan Kardec, translated by Anna Blackwell-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Section 21 is PL OK.
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

12EnglishRoses wrote: November 18th, 2021, 10:49 am Section 20

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/spiritsbook_20_kardec_128kb.mp3

Duration: 10:05
Thank you for the recording, it is excellent! The only small thing to be fixed is the volume - your recording is at around 84dB, and we need it to be at least 86dB, preferably a bit louder. Could you please amplify it and reupload it? Thanks!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Rolga wrote: November 14th, 2021, 12:18 pm
Leni wrote: October 30th, 2021, 2:58 pm Section 29: just one little fix. At the end, the outro is missing. It should be "End of section 29" and 5 seconds of silence.
thx for your patience :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/spiritsbook_29_kardec_128kb.mp3
Section 29 is PL OK.
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Sections 27 and 28, claimed October 27th, have been orphaned. Any takers? Fast turnaround greatly appreciated.
Leni
=================
Rolga

Post by Rolga »

Leni wrote: December 30th, 2021, 10:26 am Sections 27 and 28, claimed October 27th, have been orphaned. Any takers? Fast turnaround greatly appreciated.
deepest apologies for my delay .. time flew, had a personal event & family leaves Jan 3rd which will allow me the time in Jan .. I can still do if no one else claims .. no hard feelings if given to someone else rx
hbradio

Post by hbradio »

Hello. Could I claim section 27?

This will be my first recording. Here is my 1-minute test. viewtopic.php?t=90567
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

hbradio wrote: January 3rd, 2022, 8:30 pm Hello. Could I claim section 27?

This will be my first recording. Here is my 1-minute test. viewtopic.php?t=90567
Hello, and welcome to LV. I see your test has been OKed. Please please observe that we are only waiting on these two sections to finish this project. So, quick turnaround is greatly appreciated. I have assigned you the section.
Leni
=================
Rolga

Post by Rolga »

Rolga wrote: December 31st, 2021, 8:57 am
Leni wrote: December 30th, 2021, 10:26 am Sections 27 and 28, claimed October 27th, have been orphaned. Any takers? Fast turnaround greatly appreciated.
deepest apologies for my delay .. time flew, had a personal event & family leaves Jan 3rd which will allow me the time in Jan .. I can still do if no one else claims .. no hard feelings if given to someone else rx
@Leni I have 27 almost done but I see its been reassigned - I'm happy to hit 28 hard today to get it done - kindly let me know.
hbradio

Post by hbradio »

@Rolga, if you have 27 almost done, I can relinquish it to you!
Rolga

Post by Rolga »

hbradio wrote: January 4th, 2022, 1:10 pm @Rolga, if you have 27 almost done, I can relinquish it to you!
no worries. its not done & I dropped the ball here.. Leni has re-assigned it to you so pls proceed .. works better if Leni gives me 28 so its the same voice for 28 & 29. Thx for the offer! :)
hbradio

Post by hbradio »

@Rolga, roger that. My aim is to have it done by Friday.
Rolga

Post by Rolga »

@Leni waiting to hear from you.. if we can confirm 28 assignment today, I can complete it this week.
Again my apologies for my delay on this project, if there's no note for me today, I'll respectfully leave the chat tomorrow. rx
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Rolga wrote: January 4th, 2022, 10:17 am
@Leni I have 27 almost done but I see its been reassigned - I'm happy to hit 28 hard today to get it done - kindly let me know.
Dear Rolga,

I hope you understand that, so that projects can run smoothly, and get completed in a timely manner, we set up the 2-month rule. Ideally, there would be no rule at all, because everyone would claim and complete sections. That is not what happens though - it is very, very frequent that people come, claim a section and just disappear forever. So, 2 months is the standard time for completion of sections which is written in the first post - that can be changed by the coordinator of any project, but I usually keep that, understanding it to be fair. And that is so that not only the readers that have contributed at the start of the project can see their work come to a term, but so that book coordinators and MCs can finish projects and move on to other ones, instead of having multiple slow-moving projects open at the same time. In the case of this project, just to give an example, more than one person submitted their sections on Feb 2021. They do not have their work in the catalog yet, because they are waiting for everybody else. While that is the nature of a group project, it is nice to see it finished in a more or less speedy manner - mainly a project that started with five sections already recorded. You claimed your first chapter here in June (section 29) and already asked for an extension for it, close to the 2-month deadline. That sections was only submitted in October, that is, after 4 months of the claim. That is when 27-28 were claimed - again, for a 2-month deadline. The other three sections that were open at that point got claimed and recorded, and I have been sitting on this, waiting for these two sections to be done, with the whole of the rest of the project ready, since November 26. So, over one month after the project was sitting waiting for you, I orphaned your sections, 2 months and 3 days after your claim. At this point, I just want to get this done and finished.

I did not expect for you to return, and more, to be arguing on the thread with other readers for the sections you had two months to record and did not - while you did not claim the sections again, you said literally "I can still do if no one else claims .. no hard feelings if given to someone else rx". Well, someone else claimed.

If I knew you would really get them done fast, I would have reassigned them to you. But giving the record, I fully expected to take you another 2 months to let me know they still were not done yet, and then if I listen and there are fixes to be made, take you a whole full month to do them, which is what happened with section 29. That is five months more than this project needed to last. Sorry, I find that disrespectful to the other volunteers. If you wish to go at your own pace and leisure with projects, I suggest you do them as solos. That way, you do not have to deal with other people's deadlines. But in a group project, it is important to keep things at a pace.

Since you actually claimed 28, I will assign it to you with a 15-day due date. If you cannot complete it, I will probably just read the section myself, which is what I was considering doing, to have this project off my plate.
Leni
=================
Rolga

Post by Rolga »

Leni wrote: January 5th, 2022, 10:15 pm
Rolga wrote: January 4th, 2022, 10:17 am

Dear Rolga,

I hope you understand that, so that projects can run smoothly, and get completed in a timely manner, we set up the 2-month rule. Ideally, there would be no rule at all, because everyone would claim and complete sections. That is not what happens though - it is very, very frequent that people come, claim a section and just disappear forever. So, 2 months is the standard time for completion of sections which is written in the first post - that can be changed by the coordinator of any project, but I usually keep that, understanding it to be fair. And that is so that not only the readers that have contributed at the start of the project can see their work come to a term, but so that book coordinators and MCs can finish projects and move on to other ones, instead of having multiple slow-moving projects open at the same time. In the case of this project, just to give an example, more than one person submitted their sections on Feb 2021. They do not have their work in the catalog yet, because they are waiting for everybody else. While that is the nature of a group project, it is nice to see it finished in a more or less speedy manner - mainly a project that started with five sections already recorded. You claimed your first chapter here in June (section 29) and already asked for an extension for it, close to the 2-month deadline. That sections was only submitted in October, that is, after 4 months of the claim. That is when 27-28 were claimed - again, for a 2-month deadline. The other three sections that were open at that point got claimed and recorded, and I have been sitting on this, waiting for these two sections to be done, with the whole of the rest of the project ready, since November 26. So, over one month after the project was sitting waiting for you, I orphaned your sections, 2 months and 3 days after your claim. At this point, I just want to get this done and finished.

I did not expect for you to return, and more, to be arguing on the thread with other readers for the sections you had two months to record and did not - while you did not claim the sections again, you said literally "I can still do if no one else claims .. no hard feelings if given to someone else rx". Well, someone else claimed.

If I knew you would really get them done fast, I would have reassigned them to you. But giving the record, I fully expected to take you another 2 months to let me know they still were not done yet, and then if I listen and there are fixes to be made, take you a whole full month to do them, which is what happened with section 29. That is five months more than this project needed to last. Sorry, I find that disrespectful to the other volunteers. If you wish to go at your own pace and leisure with projects, I suggest you do them as solos. That way, you do not have to deal with other people's deadlines. But in a group project, it is important to keep things at a pace.

Since you actually claimed 28, I will assign it to you with a 15-day due date. If you cannot complete it, I will probably just read the section myself, which is what I was considering doing, to have this project off my plate.
Oh my Leni, sincere apologies if I came off as wanting to argue. I fully can appreciate the desire to complete this project having only these 2 left to complete.. & my said record is fair, & I take full responsibility. Will do my best to complete 28 stat. thx
Rolga

Post by Rolga »

Section 28: Book 3, Chapter 11
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/spiritsbook_28_kardec_128kb.mp3 - 21:56

@Leni I await any needed changes & will do them same day.