Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

You are very welcome! :D
Marie Christian
loon

Post by loon »

Chapter 5 - Going The Rounds - PL OK.

This book is a bit subversive for its day - letting the kiddies know circus animals do not enjoy their life in cages. Your lion voice is well done.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

Yes indeed! Thanks :D
Marie Christian
maryannevoa

Post by maryannevoa »

loon

Post by loon »

Mary - it's been a long day - I'll proof listen in the morning.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

maryannevoa wrote: October 19th, 2021, 7:53 pm Chapter 12
Length: 17:28

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/billywhiskerscircus_12_montgomery_128kb.mp3

Mary Balmer
Thank you!
This is in the MW Ready for PL
~ Larry
loon

Post by loon »

Thank you Mary, Chapter 12 - Home Again - PL OK.

Since it's the last chapter of this book I now know things turn out fine for Billy - 5 chapters earlier in the book are still out so I expect there is still more excitement and danger to be had. I've just noticed the series is 27 books long so Billy Whiskers will have plenty more chances to get into trouble.
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

loon

Post by loon »

Chapter 8 - Chosen Leader - PL OK.
The program 'Checker' complains slightly about background noise, but it doesn't sound all that bad in my headphones.
It's not necessary to read "Chapter 8, Chosen Leader" at the end of the introduction - just reading "Chosen Leader" would have been fine.

Thanks Tina!
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

Here is Chapter 9, duration 15:19.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/billywhiskerscircus_09_montgomery_128kb.mp3

As I was preparing to post this, I saw your note from Chapter 8, so removed the redundant "chapter 9" from this. How do I see mention of background noise using the checker? Is that using the "strict" setting?

Thanks for your help,
Tina
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

TrLove wrote: October 20th, 2021, 4:48 pm Here is Chapter 9, duration 15:19.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/billywhiskerscircus_09_montgomery_128kb.mp3

As I was preparing to post this, I saw your note from Chapter 8, so removed the redundant "chapter 9" from this. How do I see mention of background noise using the checker? Is that using the "strict" setting?

Thanks for your help,
Tina
Sounds good.
I've set this Ready for PL

Checker: Under the "Validation" tab, there is a place to check a box for background noise. It is unchecked by default. I used it for a long time before I knew it was there. I haven't found it terribly useful, to be honest. I rely on my ears and good headphones. :) If it doesn't bother my ears, than I'm fine with that.
~ Larry
loon

Post by loon »

TrLove wrote: October 20th, 2021, 4:48 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/billywhiskerscircus_09_montgomery_128kb.mp3

Chapter 9 - Billy Whiskers Joins The Circus - PL OK, nicely read.

If you turn on all the options in Checker it will also complain about the "_128kb" in the file name. That check is from a time when LibriVox did not include that as a part of the standard filename - you can safely ignore that. The thing Checker is likely to discover about your recording would be if the overall volume goes too loud or too quiet. People who use Audacity for things other than LibriVox (things other than LibriVox???) may have changed the format from 128 kbps / 44000 Hz / Mono to something else and neglected to switch the settings back - Checker will warn if that has happened.

Sorry about the delay in listening.
SuesUK

Post by SuesUK »

Hi

I am so sorry but I need to release my chapter ( 11 ) as my mac is not working 😫 Not sure how long it will take to fix, or even if I can,so don't want to waste anyones time.

Hopefully I will be back up and running soon🤞

Sue
loon

Post by loon »

SuesUK wrote: November 7th, 2021, 11:22 am Hopefully I will be back up and running soon
Thanks for letting everyone know.

May your Mac have a speedy recovery.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

SuesUK wrote: November 7th, 2021, 11:22 am Hi

I am so sorry but I need to release my chapter ( 11 ) as my mac is not working 😫 Not sure how long it will take to fix, or even if I can,so don't want to waste anyones time.

Hopefully I will be back up and running soon🤞

Sue
Oh, that is no fun! But, I appreciate the note.
All the best!
~ Larry