COMPLETE: Mauprat by George Sand -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

brownrottger wrote: June 16th, 2021, 3:44 am 18:37 https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_35_sand_128kb.mp3 I had a blast making this chapter!!
I can tell, it sounds great! Thank you for this section! Things get pretty intense in this part of the book (and I won't say much more than that so as not to spoil anything for people who haven't read it yet :D ). I have just a few notes:

- At 1:44, "When they are no more," you say "There are no more."
- At 2:25, after "turning the dagger in my breast?" could you include the line "Are you afraid that I may survive this blow?"?
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
LucyK

Post by LucyK »

Section 3 uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_03_sand_128kb.mp3

Time 26.37

I hope I've done the numbering and titling of the chapters and sections all right; there's a preamble called, yet again, 'Mauprat' before the part that's actually numbered chapter 1 :hmm: . Let me know if there's a problem and I'll change it.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

LucyK wrote: June 19th, 2021, 4:58 am Section 3 uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_03_sand_128kb.mp3

Time 26.37

I hope I've done the numbering and titling of the chapters and sections all right; there's a preamble called, yet again, 'Mauprat' before the part that's actually numbered chapter 1 :hmm: . Let me know if there's a problem and I'll change it.
Thank you for section 3! PL OK. And everything's fine with the chapter naming. :)
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you! PL OK!

Sarah
musicalmorsels

Post by musicalmorsels »

Hi I just wanted to let y'all know that this month got unexpectedly chaotic so it won't be until in a week or two before I wrap up some things and start churning out chapters! But I will stick with my assigned chapters!
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

musicalmorsels wrote: June 30th, 2021, 7:59 pm Hi I just wanted to let y'all know that this month got unexpectedly chaotic so it won't be until in a week or two before I wrap up some things and start churning out chapters! But I will stick with my assigned chapters!
No worries! You have plenty of time. :)

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you for section 37! It sound great. So much drama in this part of the story! :D I have just a few notes:

- At 10:26, "you confessed anyone," you say "you confessed to anyone." (I mention such a minor difference only because it changes the meaning of the sentence from the abbe's listening to someone's confession to his making a confession to someone.)
- At 11:25, "you are apparently unaware," you say "you are not apparently unaware."
- At 14:43, "had this miserable bandit," you say "and this miserable bandit."
- At 17:32, "it cannot be denied," it seems that the "de-" has been clipped out of "denied."
- At 22:41, "who seems ingenious," you say "who seems ingenuous."

Sarah
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Thank you!
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

PL OK! Thank you!

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you for section 38! It sounds great, as usual. I have just a few notes:

- At 0:37, "most bitter," it seems that the middle of "bitter" has cut out.
- At 2:38, "was not all this enough to touch," you say "was not all this to touch."
- At 4:24, "and I shall not," you say "that I shall not."

Sarah
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

21:01 https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_38_sand_128kb.mp3 Edits made. I've also discovered hot keys for repeat amplify and zoom in and out, thanks to the YouTube videos of Phil Chenevert!