COMPLETE [GROUP/RELIGION] The Fundamentals Volume 2-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

KevinS wrote: March 31st, 2021, 9:57 am Section 6 PL OK!
Thanks Kevin, marked.
American Trials Vol. 3 95% 5 left!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 93% 2 left!
Devotional Commentary: Apocalypse 85%
Emotions
PL pls: DPL DPL 43 27-28
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

InTheDesert wrote: March 31st, 2021, 10:16 am
KevinS wrote: March 31st, 2021, 9:57 am Section 6 PL OK!
Thanks Kevin, marked.
I'll be happy to do the others as they come up if you are in no rush. My 'ummph' factor is rather low.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

KevinS wrote: March 31st, 2021, 10:51 am I'll be happy to do the others as they come up if you are in no rush. My 'ummph' factor is rather low.
It feels like ages since I uploaded anything. I partially blame a forum user called KevinS who said the following about the upgrade to Audacity 3:
Some forum user called KevinS wrote: I'm on 3.0.0 now. Pretty flawless change-over from what I can tell. I did not have to change my settings or download any effects I already had with 2.
So I proceeded to download it and it killed all my lovely macros that make editing so easy.

Anyway, if you want to have a listen to section 1, you might find it interesting.
Emotions
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

InTheDesert wrote: April 4th, 2021, 8:21 am
KevinS wrote: March 31st, 2021, 10:51 am I'll be happy to do the others as they come up if you are in no rush. My 'ummph' factor is rather low.
It feels like ages since I uploaded anything. I partially blame a forum user called KevinS who said the following about the upgrade to Audacity 3:
Some forum user called KevinS wrote: I'm on 3.0.0 now. Pretty flawless change-over from what I can tell. I did not have to change my settings or download any effects I already had with 2.
So I proceeded to download it and it killed all my lovely macros that make editing so easy.

Anyway, if you want to have a listen to section 1, you might find it interesting.
What's a macro?

It's a kind of cookie, right?
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 1 PL OK!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

No, I haven't forgotten about this.
Here is Chapter 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/fundamentals2_05_various_128kb.mp3 45:56

My distinguished degree in philosophy left me in a morass of epistemological nihilism and gave me the answer, "There is no answer." Thanks so much. Ah, but there is a God who speaks, and loves to break into our reality, and he is the Word who became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld his Glory! He is the light that lights every man.

I've lived and studied in the orient, and I'm not sure his analysis of Hinduism and Buddhism as pantheistic is correct, but his despair of our American universities is true. I also got a degree from one of them here in New England, in an unrelated field, but can tell you they are pretty godless places even though they have colleges of theology. And, they were indeed influenced by Eastern philosophy again in the latter part of the 20th century.

Our Christian faith must be more than an accouterment to civilization, however, and that's all I'll say in that vein.

Long chapter, but I enjoyed reading it for this project.

He is risen!
~ Larry
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

silverquill wrote: April 5th, 2021, 9:39 pm No, I haven't forgotten about this.
Here is Chapter 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/fundamentals2_05_various_128kb.mp3 45:56

My distinguished degree in philosophy left me in a morass of epistemological nihilism and gave me the answer, "There is no answer." Thanks so much. Ah, but there is a God who speaks, and loves to break into our reality, and he is the Word who became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld his Glory! He is the light that lights every man.

I've lived and studied in the orient, and I'm not sure his analysis of Hinduism and Buddhism as pantheistic is correct, but his despair of our American universities is true. I also got a degree from one of them here in New England, in an unrelated field, but can tell you they are pretty godless places even though they have colleges of theology. And, they were indeed influenced by Eastern philosophy again in the latter part of the 20th century.

Our Christian faith must be more than an accouterment to civilization, however, and that's all I'll say in that vein.

He is risen!
I look greatly forward to listening!
Emotions
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

silverquill wrote: April 5th, 2021, 9:39 pm No, I haven't forgotten about this.
Here is Chapter 5

He is risen!
Section 5 is PL OK! I don't think I've ever listened to your voice before Larry! Thanks for reading
Emotions
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

KevinS wrote: April 5th, 2021, 3:56 pm Section 1 PL OK!
Hi Kevin, if you were willing to do the honours on sections 2 and 3 whenever it were convenient to you then we can get this into the catalogue.
Emotions
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 2 PL OK!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 3 PL OK!

Ready for the catalog, I suspect.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

KevinS wrote: April 11th, 2021, 1:00 pm Section 3 PL OK!

Ready for the catalog, I suspect.
Thanks Kevin, I've marked it!
Emotions
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: January 19th, 2021, 6:19 pm ITD,
I'd be happy to MC this. I'll get your MW set up.
MaryAnn
We are ready for cataloguing :)
Emotions
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-fundamentals-volume-2-by-sir-robert-anderson/