COMPLETE Stories without Tears by Barry Pain -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thanks lynda!
Carolin
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

GregGiordano wrote: December 8th, 2018, 9:30 pm Here is Section 4, an orphan no more:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/storieswithouttears_04_pain_128kb.mp3

Run time is 30:05

Take care,

Greg
Excellent reading Greg! PL OK!

Lynda
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you lynda!
Carolin
MagnificentOne

Post by MagnificentOne »

Lmnei wrote: December 3rd, 2018, 12:57 am
MagnificentOne wrote: November 27th, 2018, 11:25 pm Hi Carolin,

I've noticed since my uploaded reading part (section 22) wasn't yet checked by the Proof Listener so far, I took this opportunity to re-record my whole work again and uploaded it with the time 26:2 with the below link as I wasn't very happy with my earlier uploaded work. Now I feel more comfortable and relieved that the outcome of my final work has at last become more satistactory for me.

Thank you for your understanding

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/storieswithouttears_22_pain_128kb.mp3

Regard
Siyami Aktan
izmir Turkey
Siyami - yes, your Section 22 WAS checked by me when I was offline on a cruise. I just got internet access back after the cruise and I was going to post about your section 22 however now I have to listen to it again! I think the polite thing in this case would have been to message me that you were planning on re-recording it and then I would not have wasted my time listening and PL'ing your first recording.

Lynda
Hi Lynda and greetings and blessings to you and to all Librivox family from Izmir, Turkey...It's a beautiful city on the west coast of Turkey a.k.a. " the pearl of the Aegean Sea."

Please know that I am so proud to be a part of a team of volunteers from the four corners of the world gathered here only to do their best without expecting anything in return.We, as a team, together, we produce audio books here at Librivox, for those who are eager to learn more or perhaps for those people who aren't as lucky as
we are , who cannot see or read like us.What a wonderful thing that we are all doing here, aren't we? Especially, in a world of conflict as we all live today! We are here united to do some good for the people of the world! Lynda, I don't believe that there is a single soul here at Librivox to do anything wrong to his/her fellow team-mates.

My only concern, just like all of us here, was the outcome quality of my work and I was unfortunately not in contentment with my first recording.I thought and wished so much for a final opportunity to record it again so I would have done a better job which eventually contribute to the overall quality of the audio book as a whole.
Lynda, please also know that this was my 2nd project and yes I am a newbie! :) and as a newbie I thought when a PL is checking a recording, it would also be displayed in the Magic Window in the status section as "PL in progress". Since there was no such sign, I've spents hours on my PC doing strenuous recordings until very early in the morning to complete my work, keeping my fingers crossed I checked the Magic Window and happily saw no change then went ahead and I uploaded my final recording and informed my MC Carolin accordingly.

Honestly, I could not predict that you could download my recording from this site before your sea-cruise began and made it available for yourself to listen to it later in the open seas when you would have no internet access.(May be you had checked my recording before you set sail, but you couldn't post your PL notes on this site before you went offline) Asking for your approval while you were offline wouldn't have helped us in anyway either.

So, Lynda sorry for these unfortunate series of events that happened beyond our control and believe me I would never wanted you to waste your time.
But, let us be more calm and understanding after all we are in the same team.
:)

Best Regards,
Your newbie friend, :)
Siyami Aktan
Last edited by MagnificentOne on December 15th, 2018, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
MagnificentOne

Post by MagnificentOne »

Lmnei wrote: December 11th, 2018, 5:40 am Section 22 -

PL Notes -

00:31 – I hear “This Celestial’s Editorship” should be “THE Celestial’s Editorship”
00:45 – same as above
17:45 – stumble
19:18 – stumble
20:59 – stumble
You need 5 seconds of silence at end of recording please.

Please watch your "the's" and do not replace them with other small words so we can keep the text as close to what the author wrote.

Lynda
Hi Lynda,

Thank you so much for your PL notes.I have corrected all of the above points and added 5 seconds of silence at the end of my recording and then
I uploaded it. I'll also watch my "the's" in the future, thank you very much for reminding me.

Best regards,

Siyami Aktan :)
Last edited by MagnificentOne on December 30th, 2018, 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MagnificentOne

Post by MagnificentOne »

Hi Carolin,

I have made the corrections according to Lynda's PL Notes and uploaded my recording with the following url

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/storieswithouttears_22_pain_128kb.mp3 pllease also note that the new runtime is 25.15.

Best Regards

Siyami Aktan :)
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Siyami

Section 22 is now PL OK!

Awesome corrections that you made :) :clap:

Lynda

PS Carolin - I updated the time when I changed the status.
MagnificentOne

Post by MagnificentOne »

Lmnei wrote: December 15th, 2018, 11:57 am Siyami

Section 22 is now PL OK!

Awesome corrections that you made :) :clap:

Lynda

PS Carolin - I updated the time when I changed the status.
Thank you so much Lynda,

I'm very happy to see Sec 22 PL OK!
Thank you for your kind words too.
Awesome PL you made also :clap: :D :D :D
Best Regards
Siyami
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both so much :D
Carolin
MagnificentOne

Post by MagnificentOne »

Thank you too Carolin! :D :D :clap: Great teamwork!! :clap: :clap:

Best Regards

Siyami
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

i have been in touch with peter, so the last section should also come in sometime soon :)
Carolin
PeterBlock

Post by PeterBlock »

Carolin wrote: December 20th, 2018, 2:53 am i have been in touch with peter, so the last section should also come in sometime soon :)
Carolin,

Here it is, ready for proof listening. The length is 30:38.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/storieswithouttears_09_pain_128kb.mp3

This is my first time, so please be abundant and thorough in your suggestions and corrections. I want to learn from every mistake and everything that came close to a mistake.

Again, thanks for your patience with the newbie guy.

Peter
The Story of a Movie is a "making-of" featurette for your ears.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :D
Carolin
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Peter -

Excellent reading and a great end to this book - especially for the Holiday Season! PL OK!

Caroline - we are done! :clap:

Lynda
PeterBlock

Post by PeterBlock »

Lmnei wrote: December 22nd, 2018, 11:10 am Peter - Excellent reading and a great end to this book - especially for the Holiday Season! PL OK!
Thanks, Lynda! Woo-hoo!

Peter
The Story of a Movie is a "making-of" featurette for your ears.