[Complete] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 4 (Part I) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hello Team :)

so, as announced via PM, here is the new distribution of the remaining poems, to help out a fellow team-member and bring this project to a close.

Jason will only have to concentrate on finishing his 3 DRs where we needed 5 voices:
> 97. Clerks/Men-at-Arms/Emperor in "King Robert of Sicily"
> 107. Sir Launfal in "The Vision of Sir Launfal"
> 131. Narrator in "Rabbi Ben Ezra"

Important: Jason, if you have already recorded ANY of the following poems but only need to edit, then PLEASE write us as soon as possible today. That way the work won't be done double.

Leanne will get 3 solo poems and 2 DR roles:
> 119. Vesper Hymn
> 121. The Word
> 125. The Lord in "Rebecca's Hymn"
> 130. The Rabbis in "Religion and Doctrine"
> 152. Life (you'll get the last poem of the project, so don't forget the end disclaimer)

Craig will also receive 3 solos but only 1 DR role:
> 94. Hope: From 'The Pleasures of Hope'
> 111. Abou Ben Adhem in "Abou Ben Adhem"
> 117. The Sabbath of the Soul
> 132. The Religion of Hudibras

Tomas: the same, 3 solos and 1 DR:
> 85. Ascription
> 98. Service: From 'Pippa Passes'
> 114. Sabbath Hymn on the Mountains
> 144. Old Man in "Peace"

and finally, I'll also take care of 3 solos and 2 DR roles:
> 44. Litany
> 81. The Love of God Supreme
> 128. The Living Temple
> 137. Narrator in "Her Creed"
> 145. Narrator in "Peace"

I will update the MW now to reflect these changes. From now on they are official. Thanks for helping out, and let's hope we can finish this up during the course of next week.

Anthony, if you're reading this: once the poems come dripping in, we would love to finish this project soon, so I hope you can also find some time to PL them. Thanks for your tremendous work as well. :9:

Sonia
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

I will work on my remaining 3 drs. I have not got any of the other poems recorded so no double work will be done.

I did start to record Litany, but stopped as I had wanted (and then forgotten) at ask for a consensus - whether to pronounce Litany as it should be, or to pronounce it
Litan-eye to better rhyme with the words that it is pair with in each couplet. Anyways, something to think about when you record it Kitty as I noticed when I was reading it out loud.

So again, I will only be doing the 3 DRs to round out my part in this one. I look forward to the next one and I will clean up my reader page to bring other projects up to date in the mean time.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jasonb wrote: May 20th, 2018, 10:17 amI will work on my remaining 3 drs. I have not got any of the other poems recorded so no double work will be done.
Jason, thank you so much for the confirmation. It takes a load off my shoulders.

Guys, this is the official go-ahead then to take over :mrgreen: Let's do this.
I did start to record Litany, but stopped as I had wanted (and then forgotten) at ask for a consensus - whether to pronounce Litany as it should be, or to pronounce it
Litan-eye to better rhyme with the words that it is pair with in each couplet. Anyways, something to think about when you record it Kitty as I noticed when I was reading it out loud.
ok thanks for pointing it out....I think I will go with Litanee though, because poets often use "half-rhymes", so words that look like they rhyme but don't. A very famous and often-used example is "wind" which often gets rhymed with "bind" or "kind". But I'll ponder the situation for this one.
So again, I will only be doing the 3 DRs to round out my part in this one. I look forward to the next one and I will clean up my reader page to bring other projects up to date in the mean time.
I'm happy you are willing and able to stay on :)

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Craig, will PL this soon !

As I'm leaving on holidays on Wednesday, I did all my assignements now, and I already assembled together Her Creed and Peace, so my 5 poems are ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume4_1_044_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:08 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume4_1_081_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:56 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume4_1_128_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 3:10 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume4_1_137_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:52 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume4_1_145_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:49 min.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craig, your Ben Adhem is excellent and flawless. I already edited the poem together and we three sound great together 8-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume4_1_111_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:39 min.

One more DR finished. Thanks !

Sonia
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS - 44, 81, 105, 111, 128, 137, 145

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

super, thank you Anthony :9: I'm happy my job is done before my holidays. :) Thanks for the quick PL.

Guys, I'll be offline from Wednesday to Saturday late at night. If any DRs get ready to edit in the meantime, hopefully Tomas (or someone else) will help me out with the job. :)

Sonia
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS - 85, 98, 101, 108, 114, 115, 122, 144, 146

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thank you, Craig and Anthony! :)
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yay, thanks Leanne ! Will update MW and hopefully manage to edit the DRs tonight. If not: tomorrow

can you just tell me the lengths ?

oh and you forgot _various_ in the file name, but don't reupload unless Anthony finds any errors. If all is fine, I'll change the names later.

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

in order
2:12
1:41
1:25
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »