[Complete] Perfumes and their Preparation - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
AprilWalters
Posts: 376
Joined: March 24th, 2015, 11:54 am

Post by AprilWalters » January 5th, 2018, 12:44 pm

I would like to definitely claim these 2 sections:
19 Formulas for Dry Perfumes (Sachets)
30 Hair Dyes and Depilatories


And I could claim "7 The Chemical Products Used in Perfumery" -- IF I do not have to read every single line of the table, but just the section heads and range of values listed, and perhaps a sample line?

Example from around Paragraph #70:
Table I.—For Temperatures Under 60° F.
Per cent of Alcohol by Volume. "Values range from 21 to 97 percent. "

Number of F. Degrees Requiring Addition of one to Percentage. "Values range from 4.5 to 10.125 degrees Fahrenheit"


(And then under the table here there's an example listed in the text, which is great.)

Thanks!
AprilWalters
Not sure what I am doing with my life right now
Sorry for flaking out for 2016-2017.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14093
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 5th, 2018, 1:29 pm

AprilWalters wrote:
January 5th, 2018, 12:44 pm
I would like to definitely claim these 2 sections:
19 Formulas for Dry Perfumes (Sachets)
30 Hair Dyes and Depilatories


And I could claim "7 The Chemical Products Used in Perfumery" -- IF I do not have to read every single line of the table, but just the section heads and range of values listed, and perhaps a sample line?

Example from around Paragraph #70:
Table I.—For Temperatures Under 60° F.
Per cent of Alcohol by Volume. "Values range from 21 to 97 percent. "

Number of F. Degrees Requiring Addition of one to Percentage. "Values range from 4.5 to 10.125 degrees Fahrenheit"


(And then under the table here there's an example listed in the text, which is great.)

Thanks!
That would be great. And for the table, you can say "There follows a table..."
Help us finish:

Celebrated Women Travellers of the Nineteenth Century 8 sections remaining
Legends and Myths of Hawaii 6 sections remaining

AprilWalters
Posts: 376
Joined: March 24th, 2015, 11:54 am

Post by AprilWalters » January 6th, 2018, 12:55 pm

draft read that sciencey chapter (#7)! Sooo much editing to do, as this author LOVES long sentences without much punctuation -- halfway through I'd realize this was something to NOT do, or that some OTHER part of the sentence was to be highlighted or made parenthetical. I hope listeners just don't poison themselves.

The sachets recipes one was a breeze, so editing that should be pretty quick, and I expect that to you by the end of the weekend.
AprilWalters
Not sure what I am doing with my life right now
Sorry for flaking out for 2016-2017.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14093
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 6th, 2018, 3:14 pm

AprilWalters wrote:
January 6th, 2018, 12:55 pm
draft read that sciencey chapter (#7)! Sooo much editing to do, as this author LOVES long sentences without much punctuation -- halfway through I'd realize this was something to NOT do, or that some OTHER part of the sentence was to be highlighted or made parenthetical. I hope listeners just don't poison themselves.

The sachets recipes one was a breeze, so editing that should be pretty quick, and I expect that to you by the end of the weekend.
Other have said this is a toughie, so just do what you can :D
Help us finish:

Celebrated Women Travellers of the Nineteenth Century 8 sections remaining
Legends and Myths of Hawaii 6 sections remaining

AprilWalters
Posts: 376
Joined: March 24th, 2015, 11:54 am

Post by AprilWalters » January 7th, 2018, 2:02 pm

AprilWalters
Not sure what I am doing with my life right now
Sorry for flaking out for 2016-2017.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14093
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 7th, 2018, 2:12 pm

Help us finish:

Celebrated Women Travellers of the Nineteenth Century 8 sections remaining
Legends and Myths of Hawaii 6 sections remaining

HZFerr
Posts: 2743
Joined: August 17th, 2017, 12:56 pm

Post by HZFerr » January 8th, 2018, 4:28 pm

sect 19 Formulas for Dry Perfumes (Sachets)

PL OK :clap:
Helen

"Ains a year say a prayer faur me
close yir een an remember me." Sgt. Joseph Kilna MacKenzie
POW/MIA we will remember them.

AprilWalters
Posts: 376
Joined: March 24th, 2015, 11:54 am

Post by AprilWalters » January 9th, 2018, 12:49 pm

AprilWalters
Not sure what I am doing with my life right now
Sorry for flaking out for 2016-2017.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14093
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 9th, 2018, 1:05 pm

Help us finish:

Celebrated Women Travellers of the Nineteenth Century 8 sections remaining
Legends and Myths of Hawaii 6 sections remaining

AprilWalters
Posts: 376
Joined: March 24th, 2015, 11:54 am

Post by AprilWalters » January 9th, 2018, 5:01 pm

I'll take animal substances (#6), too, and then you'll be 100%!

(A friend of mine is super into perfumes, but I'm practically scent-blind. This is my attempt at understanding a tiny bit of her world.)
AprilWalters
Not sure what I am doing with my life right now
Sorry for flaking out for 2016-2017.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14093
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 9th, 2018, 5:06 pm

AprilWalters wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 5:01 pm
I'll take animal substances (#6), too, and then you'll be 100%!

(A friend of mine is super into perfumes, but I'm practically scent-blind. This is my attempt at understanding a tiny bit of her world.)
Wonderful!
Help us finish:

Celebrated Women Travellers of the Nineteenth Century 8 sections remaining
Legends and Myths of Hawaii 6 sections remaining

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15241
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » January 13th, 2018, 12:43 am

Just in time :wink: here's section 8, at 44:40.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/perfumesandtheirpreparation_08_askinson_128kb.mp3

Thanks for your patience!
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

Inspired by LibriVox: The 8 Views of Lake Biwa

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14093
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 13th, 2018, 7:35 am

Availle wrote:
January 13th, 2018, 12:43 am
Just in time :wink: here's section 8, at 44:40.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/perfumesandtheirpreparation_08_askinson_128kb.mp3

Thanks for your patience!
Thank you
Help us finish:

Celebrated Women Travellers of the Nineteenth Century 8 sections remaining
Legends and Myths of Hawaii 6 sections remaining

AprilWalters
Posts: 376
Joined: March 24th, 2015, 11:54 am

Post by AprilWalters » January 13th, 2018, 1:55 pm

AprilWalters
Not sure what I am doing with my life right now
Sorry for flaking out for 2016-2017.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14093
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 13th, 2018, 4:46 pm

Help us finish:

Celebrated Women Travellers of the Nineteenth Century 8 sections remaining
Legends and Myths of Hawaii 6 sections remaining

Post Reply