This project is looking for prooflisteners. A DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener) would be preferred, but until one is found, we need prooflistening for completed sections. They are marked in the Magic Window below as Ready for PL.A novel full of suspense, romance and tragedy. A young orphan boy is adopted by his uncle and compelled to work for him. The boy falls in love with a teacher's daughter, and then tragedy strikes, as the boy is blamed for a death and is condemned to be hanged.
Project thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=95293&p=2122264#p2122264
Please post in the project thread below if you can help with proof-listening.
New to prooflistening? Please read this FAQ.
Level of PL: Standard
Please consider these points during proof-listening and comment on them as appropriate:
- Does the intro match the one specified in the first post of the project thread (below the Magic Window)?
- Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time.
- Are there any stumbles or repeats that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time.
- Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading?
- Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?)
- Does the ending match the one specified in the first post of the project thread?
- Are there 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file?