[COMPLETE] The Testament, by Taras Shevchenko - kaz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Kazbek wrote: July 14th, 2022, 5:40 pm
ShiNeko wrote: July 14th, 2022, 9:27 am
Inkell wrote: July 14th, 2022, 9:05 am Well I just meant could write it down, you don't have to put yourself out. Like my instinct would be to pronounce them TA-ras shev-chen-co and vol-od-E-meer les-ev-EECH but I don't know if that's right
Ehm, then I need Misha's (our MC) help here. I don't know how to write it down except of stress:
TarAs ShevchEnko
VolodYmyr LesEvych

Misha, would you, please, help with the transcription?
There are different ways of writing out the pronunciation. One can use IPA or the orthography of another language. Here people usually use English orthography, but since it sounds like you want to read the Spanish translation, Inkell, why don't we use Spanish spelling:

Tarás Shevchénko (or Llevchenko if you're from Buenos Aires :wink:)
Volodímir Lesévich

The Ukrainian sound usually transcribed as "y" doesn't exist in Spanish. At Forvo you can listen to many Ukrainian speakers saying "Volodymyr" here, and there are recordings of Shevchenko's name here.

M.
I'm doing one for Spanish and English but those names aren't Spanish or English so I wanted to try to be accurate to the correct pronunication. Thanks for the help!
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/testament_shevchenko_en_ink_128kb.mp3
Title: My Testament
Language: English (3)
Translator: Alexander Jardine Hunter
Source: https://diasporiana.org.ua/ukrainica/9424-shevchenko-taras-the-kobzar-of-the-ukraine-being-select-poems-done-into-english-verse-with-biographical-fragments/
Length: 01 mins, 20 secs

Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/testament_shevchenko_sp_ink_128kb.mp3
Title: El Testamento
Language: Spanish
Translator: Volodymyr Lesevych
Source: https://www.cervantesvirtual.com/obra/la-ilustracion-espanola-y-americana--124/

Here we go just like I said, I wasn't sure what to put for initials in the file name so I just did 'ink,' hope that was okay. Sorry it took so long, I'm just limited on what days I can record
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

Inkell wrote: July 21st, 2022, 8:08 am Here we go just like I said, I wasn't sure what to put for initials in the file name so I just did 'ink,' hope that was okay. Sorry it took so long, I'm just limited on what days I can record
Thank you!! It is OK for initials: anything you like. No need to say sorry. :wink: I think you'd want somebody who knows Spanish for PLer so the person could give you some feedback.

Misha, would you, please, PL the Spanish recording, or should I find somebody?
~Anastasiia
Multilingual Monthly Poem like Weekly Poetry but for all languages🗺
Сборник рассказов Л. Андреева
"Кобзар" Шевченко several short roles: "Гайдамаки", "Великий льох" 🎭
Epachuko

Post by Epachuko »

Inkell wrote: July 21st, 2022, 8:08 am
Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/testament_shevchenko_sp_ink_128kb.mp3
Title: El Testamento
Translator: Volodymyr Lesevych
Source: https://www.cervantesvirtual.com/obra/la-ilustracion-espanola-y-americana--124/

Here we go just like I said, I wasn't sure what to put for initials in the file name so I just did 'ink,' hope that was okay. Sorry it took so long, I'm just limited on what days I can record

If it may helps, as a native spanish speaker, I can understand properly the file ;)
Grabaciones de Epachuko
Colabora leyendo secciones en español con nosotros en el foro Readers Wanted Languages other than English Recuerdos de mi vida (Ramón y Cajal) El Periquillo Sarniento
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

Inkell wrote: July 21st, 2022, 8:08 am Title: El Testamento
Hello! Please, tell me, whether you'd like a PL level - CC (Constructive Criticism sought) or you're OK with what Epachuko has written.

P.S. meanwhile I have yet to listen to your English recording, just wanted to write that the volume of both fales it low about 83,5 dB. You need to amplify it by 5,5 dB as we seek for around 89 dB.
~Anastasiia
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

~Anastasiia
TanG

Post by TanG »

Inkell

Post by Inkell »

ShiNeko wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 1:49 pm
Inkell wrote: July 21st, 2022, 8:08 am Title: El Testamento
Hello! Please, tell me, whether you'd like a PL level - CC (Constructive Criticism sought) or you're OK with what Epachuko has written.

P.S. meanwhile I have yet to listen to your English recording, just wanted to write that the volume of both fales it low about 83,5 dB. You need to amplify it by 5,5 dB as we seek for around 89 dB.
Do whatever PL level you want, though your deadline is a lot tighter than the others and if I need to rerecord anything I'll only be able to do so on Thursday and Friday.

I've amplified it by 5.5 dB (I think) so these should be better:

(Spanish) https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/testament_shevchenko_sp_ink_128kb.mp3
(English) https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/testament_shevchenko_en_ink_128kb.mp3
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

Inkell wrote: July 25th, 2022, 1:31 am Do whatever PL level you want, though your deadline is a lot tighter than the others and if I need to rerecord anything I'll only be able to do so on Thursday and Friday.
It is up to you: whether you'd like PLer to correct your pronunciation (if there is something to correct), for example, if you want to practice your language. Don't worry about the deadline: there is no special date it has to be cataloged, so I am OK to wait for up to week (or a bit more) after the Aug, 1st for corrections.
~Anastasiia
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

Hi! I'll PL Sec 21.
UPD. Звучить чуттєво. Дякую.

Sec 21 PL notes.
0:00.8 відсутнє слово "вірш"
UKRAINIAN
ПОЧАТОК запису (вступ)
  • Вірш [назва вірша] [ім'я автора у родовому відмінку], переклад [ім’я перекладача в род. відмінку]. Записано українською для лібрівокс КРАПКА орг [ваше ім'я в орудному відмінку].
    [Якщо бажаєте, додайте дату, та/або ваше місцезнаходження.]
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

ShiNeko wrote: July 25th, 2022, 2:06 am
Inkell wrote: July 25th, 2022, 1:31 am Do whatever PL level you want, though your deadline is a lot tighter than the others and if I need to rerecord anything I'll only be able to do so on Thursday and Friday.
It is up to you: whether you'd like PLer to correct your pronunciation (if there is something to correct), for example, if you want to practice your language. Don't worry about the deadline: there is no special date it has to be cataloged, so I am OK to wait for up to week (or a bit more) after the Aug, 1st for corrections.
Yeah I'd like to be accurate if I can for any listeners
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

I can PL the Spanish and Russian contributions.
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: July 25th, 2022, 2:42 am Hi! I'll PL Sec 21.

Sec 21 PL notes.
Hello Anya! It's a minor note, so we can leave it as it is. Everything else is fine?
Thank you for PLing.
~Anastasiia
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

Kazbek wrote: July 25th, 2022, 5:38 am I can PL the Spanish and Russian contributions.
Thanks, Misha! :)
~Anastasiia
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

ShiNeko wrote: July 25th, 2022, 5:48 am
HannaPonomarenko wrote: July 25th, 2022, 2:42 am Hi! I'll PL Sec 21.

Sec 21 PL notes.
Hello Anya! It's a minor note, so we can leave it as it is. Everything else is fine?
Thank you for PLing.
OK, then you may mark it PL Ok.