[COMPLETE] les anciens canadiens - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
czandra

Post by czandra »

[GROUP] [FRENCH] Les anciens canadiens, by Philippe Aubert de Gaspé (1786 - 1871)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/les-anciens-canadiens-by-philippe-aubert-de-gaspe/
Considéré comme l'un des premiers romans du bas-Canada, cette mémoire inclut des légendes québecoises en un style conversationnel et abordable. (Summary by Czandra)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/lesancienscanadi00aube_1

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Dites:
"Section # de Les anciens canadiens. Ceci est un enregistrement LibriVox. Tous nos enregistrements font partie du domaine public. Pour plus de renseignements à notre sujet, ou pour participer, rendez-vous sur librivox point org." [Facultatif: "Lu par votre nom."] "Les anciens canadiens, de Philippe Aubert de Gaspé. Titre de Section (numéro et titre de chapitre tels que notés dans le texte)."
Fin d'enregistrement:
Dites:
"Fin de section #." [Facultatif, si vous ne l'avez pas dit dans l'intro: "Lu par votre nom, ville, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"Fin de Les anciens canadiens, de Philippe Aubert de Gaspé."
Laissez 5 seconds de silence à la fin.

Filename: ancienscanadiens_##_degaspe_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. ancienscanadiens_01_degaspe_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: TriciaG

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by czandra on December 2nd, 2021, 8:18 am, edited 8 times in total.
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said,
"no one would come here if they weren't allowed to talk out loud."
So I read out loud.
czandra

Post by czandra »

Bonjour! Besoin de dpl et mc SVP. Je vais tâcher de faire bc.

J'ai déjà enregistré chapitre le premier.

Czandra
So I read out loud.
Isad

Post by Isad »

Bonjour,
czandra wrote: November 27th, 2021, 7:59 am Bonjour! Besoin de dpl et mc SVP. Je vais tâcher de faire bc.

J'ai déjà enregistré chapitre le premier.

Czandra
Je confirme le OK pour le rôle de DPL :)

Isad
czandra

Post by czandra »

yay. Bon. Je viens de regarder de plus près les 'notes' à la fin. On va avoir besoin de 10 sections de plus (en sus des 22 demandées), car les notes sont copieuses. Aussi, à la mc éventuelle, il faut mettre une note comme quoi les notes ne sont pas à lire dans le texte, car elles vont être lues ensemble à la toute fin.

Merci! Michael Kazbek? :wink:
So I read out loud.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I enjoyed the English translation of this. May I MC, even though I don't speak French?

I think you have the wrong author name. The Archive text (and the English translation of this) have Philippe Aubert de Gaspé rather than Pierre-Ignace.

And, if you change the pick list in the upper right corner of the template generator before submitting the form, it'll return all the instructions and wording in French. ;)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
czandra

Post by czandra »

That's good news, Tricia! Amazing that you've read this book. And yes, I do have the wrong bio. His son was a writer too, and his grandfather was also Philippe. Our Philippe's dates are 1786 - 1871.

This is my first bc, except small solos, so your work will involve covering for me, I think! thanks for the offer. I understand that you will now move this to another forum list (readers wanted), and I can fill in the MW, and it will be in French? and have 30 sections instead of 22?

Ready to roll.

Czandra
So I read out loud.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Oh! I didn't realize this is your first group BC project. Congratulations!
and I can fill in the MW, and it will be in French? and have 30 sections instead of 22?
I'm sorry I didn't write more clearly. :) To make the whole first post become French, you'd need to fill in the template form again and resubmit it. Then copy over the new code into your first post (replace it).

The code for this project is 17358. When you replace the information in the first post to make it French, you can replace the xxxx inside the MW /MW code (keep those codes) with that number, to pop in the Magic Window.

I didn't read your post about needing more sections, so I've already set it up for 22. You can add more by clicking the "Add sections" button when you're logged into the MW. They will be added at the bottom of the list.

I'm going to be away until evening. I'll answer any more questions you have and move it out of the Launch Pad then. Generally we move it out of the Launch Pad after the Magic Window has been filled in, and it's ready for reader claims. :)
czandra

Post by czandra »

Thank you Tricia. I've inputted more information and made corrections (author name throughout), changed some of the english to french manually. Couldn't see how to change page, and don't have resources to redo template. That's okay, I think. There is English in the text, so a reader will have to be able to 'se débrouiller' in that language.

I have such a hard time doing things the standard way! Can't even follow a recipe for cookies! Let me know what you think. Also, for an eye-brow raising moment, see note on chapter 13 in MW: your comments please!

Czandra
So I read out loud.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Looks good. I moved the note about chapter 13 into the Notes field, because we don't want that to show up on the catalog page.

I also put this in the project's summary. Is its French OK? I used Google Translate.
Notez que ce texte comporte deux chapitres numérotés 14, probablement grâce à la superstition relative au nombre 13. Nous avons numéroté le premier chapitre 13 dans ce projet.
In the meantime, I'm moving this to Readers Wanted...
czandra

Post by czandra »

TriciaG wrote: November 28th, 2021, 5:03 pm
Notez que ce texte comporte deux chapitres numérotés 14, probablement grâce à la superstition relative au nombre 13. Nous avons numéroté le premier chapitre 13 dans ce projet.
In the meantime, I'm moving this to Readers Wanted...
Thanks, TriciaG. isad would be the best person to check the French. I would use the word chiffre instead of nombre. And the last sentence:
Le premier des deux, nous avons numéroté comme 13 pour ce projet.

Glad to get it up, thanks for working on a Sunday.

Cz
So I read out loud.
czandra

Post by czandra »

Hi, Tricia. Not sure what the problem, but I cannot upload files. Have tried two of them, get an error message.
So I read out loud.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

What is the error message? There could be many causes.
czandra

Post by czandra »

So I read out loud.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

It doesn't look like you've assigned any sections to readers, although you've changed the status to "assigned."

To assign them, go to "Assign Reader Sections". Start typing in the name. Then you must select the name from the list - just typing it in won't set the name. Add the section numbers, and click "add".
czandra

Post by czandra »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/ancienscanadiens_01_degaspe_128kb.mp3

19:53

on y va!
Czandra

EDIT: except I can't seem to add reader names now. I've tried clicking on reader box for section, and 'assign reader', but it doesn't show in the MW. hmmm. Didn't have these problems with solos!
So I read out loud.