whew, thanks. Que l'auteur soit reconnaissant!🤪

Cz
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said,
"no one would come here if they weren't allowed to talk out loud."
So I read out loud.
Melix

Post by Melix »

Hello,

Thank you for the supportive remarks and comments.
I’m sorry I didn’t express myself clearly, I was asking for recommendations/suggestions on what to read next. I saw that there are playlists on youtube in many languages, but not in Bulgarian.

I just found out that the Bulgarian ballad I had recorded (Nerazdelni) has a wrong file title. I had written Yavorov instead of Slaveykov (wrong author’s name). So, I uploaded a new file: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw030_nerazdelni_slaveykov_mh_128kb.mp3 (CORRECT)
You can delete the previous: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw030_nerazdelni_yavorov_mh_128kb.mp3 (WRONG)

I also recorded a new poem by the same author and from the same source:

MP3: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw030_zmeynovo_lyube_slaveykov_mh_128kb.mp3
Duration: 02:51
Author: Pencho P. Slaveikov, 1866-1912, Пенчо П. Славейков
Title: Змейново любе / Zmeynovo lyube
Language: Bulgarian, Български
Text: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/3433 or directly https://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/3433/pg3433.html
Keywords: Пенчо, Славейков, Змейново любе, Епически песни, Яна, Yana, змей, dragon, стихии, nature deity, българска поезия, поема, poem, епос, epic, epos, фолклор, folklore, народна песен, крадена булка, stolen bride, змейова сватба, dragon wedding, A dragon is in love with a beautiful woman, the woman gets sick, the dragon steals the woman.
Read by: Melina Hristova

Have a nice day!
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Melix wrote: August 24th, 2021, 11:29 pm Hello,

Thank you for the supportive remarks and comments.
I’m sorry I didn’t express myself clearly, I was asking for recommendations/suggestions on what to read next. I saw that there are playlists on youtube in many languages, but not in Bulgarian.
Hi Melina,

Thank you for another reading and for pointing out the error in the previous filename!

Even if I were knowledgeable about Bulgarian literature -- which I am not -- I would say that your own preferences are more important than anyone else's. I would recommend contributing whatever public domain texts you most wish existed in audiobook format, or those which you would simply enjoy recording yourself. I don't know if that's any help, but that's my opinion. :)

Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Melix wrote: August 24th, 2021, 11:29 pmI just found out that the Bulgarian ballad I had recorded (Nerazdelni) has a wrong file title. I had written Yavorov instead of Slaveykov (wrong author’s name). So, I uploaded a new file: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw030_nerazdelni_slaveykov_mh_128kb.mp3 (CORRECT)
just to confirm: this is the exact same recording that I already gave the PL ok to ? Not some new recording ? Otherwise I will have to check this one again.

For the future, if the file is already PL ok, please do not reupload again, you can simply tell us if the filename is wrong, we can then correct the name in our folder. It's easier and there is no risk of problems with a new upload.
A dragon is in love with a beautiful woman, the woman gets sick, the dragon steals the woman.
:shock: wow yes, this was a creepy ballad. I understood many sentences (knowing a bit of Russian, and many words were similar). A great narrative again, Melina, and also this one is PL ok. :thumbs:

Thank you for another cool addition to the collection.

Sonia
Melix

Post by Melix »

Dear Michael and Sonia, thanks once again for the quick, useful and friendly replies. :9:
About “Nerazdelni”, yes, it is the same recording, you do not have to listen it again.
I’m happy the new “creepy” poem is also OK :D
(Who knows, maybe my super short interpretive summary makes it even creepier, but I love the fact that it’s like a poetic fairy tale. :mrgreen: )
Лека вечер.
mireia123

Post by mireia123 »

Hi.

This is our contribution to the centenary of Emilia Pardo Bazan. This is a funny short story. It's a dialogue between the hours before the New Year's Eve. We have made it with different voices fix the different personality of each hour in the dialog.

MP3: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw030_chacharahoras_pardo_mc_128kb.mp3
Duration: 07:16
Author: Emilia Pardo Bazán
Title: Cháchara de horas
Language: Spanish
Text: http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/portales/pardo_bazan/obra-visor/chachara-de-horas--0/html/ffb32a4e-82b1-11df-acc7-002185ce6064_2.html#I_0_
Keywords: New Year's Eve, hours, short story, Emilia Pardo Bazán

Thanks in advance
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

mireia123 wrote: September 12th, 2021, 12:42 am Hi.

This is our contribution to the centenary of Emilia Pardo Bazan. This is a funny short story. It's a dialogue between the hours before the New Year's Eve. We have made it with different voices fix the different personality of each hour in the dialog.
Hi Mireia,

Since the transcription is based on a 1910 edition we can use it. As I mentioned via PM, dramatic works involve some peculiarities in the format and coordination. All the contributors should create a personal LibriVox account, so all of them can be credited in the catalog for the recording. This is our preferred and recommended way of doing things. In exceptional cases, where participants in a group recording are unable or unwilling to create a personal account, a representative of the group could create an account that represents the entire group (preferably given a descriptive name like "Juilliard School of Drama"). When this is done, please let me know the forum names of the participants, and I'll enter the recoding into the Magic Window for PL.

Also, after the intro and before the start of the text all the contributors should say "[role] ready by [name]", which in Spanish could be "leído por" or "grabado por". However, I suggest you wait until Sonia, our proof-listener, checks the rest of the recording, so that if any other changes need to be made, they can be made all at once.

Thanks,
Michael
mireia123

Post by mireia123 »

Thanks a lot for your answer. Michael. I understand that all contributors should create a personal Librivox account (I hope my mates will do it after this experience! We are librarians).

I've a couple of questions....

I thought that the intro and the end of the recordings should be recorded in English in this "Multilingual Short Works Collection", is not necessary? On the other hand, I thought that the names of the contributors were optional at the beginning but I've recorded them at the end of the reading. It's better to record the names at the beginning?

Thanks again and best regards

Here, you can find the information about the transcription: http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/obra/chachara-de-horas--0/
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

mireia123 wrote: September 12th, 2021, 11:16 am Thanks a lot for your answer. Michael. I understand that all contributors should create a personal Librivox account (I hope my mates will do it after this experience! We are librarians).
Great! Please ask them to create LV accounts, so we can proceed. Dramatic recordings are the only type of LibriVox recordings where we don't require every contributor to record the "disclaimer" about their recording being in the public domain. In this case it's especially important for every contributor to participate on LibriVox in person, so we can ensure that they are all aware that they are contributing to LibriVox and have access to our materials explaining that our recordings are in the public domain and what that means (anyone can use them without restrictions). We don't want any contributor to feel like they've been taken advantage of, if they discover that some publisher is trying to sell their recording on Audible.
I've a couple of questions....

I thought that the intro and the end of the recordings should be recorded in English in this "Multilingual Short Works Collection", is not necessary? On the other hand, I thought that the names of the contributors were optional at the beginning but I've recorded them at the end of the reading. It's better to record the names at the beginning?
In this collection the intro and outro can be in English or in the language of the recording. However, drama recordings have a special format and process, which is why I recommended consulting with us in this thread before making the recording, so we can share more information (in particular, Sonia and Todd, who are our expert drama coordinators). Every contributor should record their own attribution, after the intro/disclaimer, and (for the future) it's really better to coordinate individual contributions through our forums. You can find more information in our Dramatic Works forum:

Good practice guidelines for dramatic works
One Act Plays and Other Collections - Planning Thread
One Act Play Collection 016

Please let us know if you have other questions.

Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mireia123 wrote: September 12th, 2021, 11:16 amHere, you can find the information about the transcription: http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/obra/chachara-de-horas--0/
in this info it mentions it's the 2003 edition. In the html version it says: "edición digital a partir de la de «La Ilustración Española y Americana», Almanaque, 1910, y cotejada con la edición crítica de Juan Paredes Núñez (Cuentos completos, La Coruña, Fundación Pedro Barrié de la Maza, Conde de Fenosa, 1990"

Can we be sure this is not edited later ? Is there a possibility to find the original scan from the journal/newspaper maybe ? Or am I missing some detail here ? It was a bit confusing for me, sorry, I'm not fully recovered yet.

Another note I have right away, the volume is overall much too loud, it's over 96 dB. We accept between 86 and 92 maximum, preferably around 89 on average. So you would need to decrease the volume by -6 to be in a good average.

I will PL the test, once the source text is cleared.

As for voice credits, yes it would probably be best to have each reader say their voice credit in the beginning like this: "Las doche de la noche, leida por [name]", "La una de la madrugada, leida por [name], etc. This is how we do it for dramatic readings and it has the LV disclaimer right next to the voice credits, even if not everybody has to read the whole disclaimer.

Sonia
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Kitty wrote: September 14th, 2021, 4:25 am
mireia123 wrote: September 12th, 2021, 11:16 amHere, you can find the information about the transcription: http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/obra/chachara-de-horas--0/
in this info it mentions it's the 2003 edition. In the html version it says: "edición digital a partir de la de «La Ilustración Española y Americana», Almanaque, 1910, y cotejada con la edición crítica de Juan Paredes Núñez (Cuentos completos, La Coruña, Fundación Pedro Barrié de la Maza, Conde de Fenosa, 1990"

Can we be sure this is not edited later ? Is there a possibility to find the original scan from the journal/newspaper maybe ? Or am I missing some detail here ? It was a bit confusing for me, sorry, I'm not fully recovered yet.
It's the standard format for Biblioteca Virtual Miguel de Cervantes (which we have used before): 2003 is when the text was published on their site and the catalog card says it's based on the 1910 edition. In the text they also mention that they compared the text with the 1990 edition, but not that they made any changes in it. If they had changed the text to follow the 1990 edition, it would be based on the 1990 edition. :) I didn't find this source at the Archive.

Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mireia123 wrote: September 12th, 2021, 12:42 amThis is our contribution to the centenary of Emilia Pardo Bazan. This is a funny short story. It's a dialogue between the hours before the New Year's Eve. We have made it with different voices fix the different personality of each hour in the dialog.
:clap: it sounded wonderful every hour's voice is very nicely fitting the purpose. Well done, all of you !!!

I do have a few notes still to correct though, some I mentioned already in my previous post:

> the volume is too loud, it's over 96 dB. We accept between 86 and 92 dB, preferably around 89 on average. Please decrease the volume by -6 to be in a good average.

> the voice credits need to be inserted at the beginning, like this: "Las doche de la noche, leida por [name]", "La una de la madrugada, leida por [name], etc. And also include the narrator's voice credit, maybe at the end or the beginning, as you wish.

> reading the disclaimer in English is fine, you can do it in Catalan, but you don't have to. No need to change it for this recording

> I see some hours speak their own intro, while some parts are done by the narrator (I mean the sentence in brackets). In our usual dramatic readings, the readers ONLY read their spoken parts, the intro descriptions are all done by narrator. I think to change this now is optional, so I let you decide how accurate you want to do it this time.

> at 6:40: just wanted to make sure, is this the same reader that already read the first "las doche de la noche" ? It sounds to me like a different voice, but maybe I'm mistaken. It would be good to be consistent and have the same reader read the same role.

> at 6:55: this part is missing: "las horas, a una voz". I would definitely include this part here by the narrator. First to be consistent, as all the other hours were introduced as well. And secondly because the part is only read in ONE voice. In the normal dramatic readings ALL the actors would have to record this part and the voices would have to be merged. This is quite tricky, especially for 24 voices, but it's feasible. I guess you don't want to do this, so it's ok, but then definitely we need the intro part to show that all the hours are speaking here.

> in the end disclaimer, you can cut the voice credit. Especially because this is definitely not read by one person alone, so we need the credits of them all to be fair to everyone.

> at the end you have over 6 seconds of silence, which you could cut down to the standard 5 required.

Thanks, a wonderful contribution

Sonia
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Thank you, Sonia! Glad to see you back in action. :)

I've entered the track into the MW, but we do need have the account(s) it will be credited to before the recording can be published in our catalog.

Michael
mireia123

Post by mireia123 »

Hi again,

I've a couple short stories by Emilia Pardo Bazán, and in this case I've recorded on my own.

As Michael has said previously the text links of these readings are from "Biblioteca Virtual Miguel de Cervantes" (which you have used before): 2003 is when the text was published on their site and the catalog card says it's based on the 1910 edition. In the text they also mention that they compared the text with the 1990 edition, but not that they made any changes in it. So the original version of these readings are on the 1910 edition

First story:
MP3: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw030_cabezacomponer_pardo_mc_128kb.mp3
Duration: (08:47)
Title: La cabeza a componer
Text: http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/portales/pardo_bazan/obra-visor/la-cabeza-a-componer--0/html/ffb6b312-82b1-11df-acc7-002185ce6064_2.html#I_0_
Keywords: Emilia Pardo Bazán, centenario, cuentos, locura, cabeza, cordura

Second story:
MP3: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw030_cerdohombre_pardo_mc_128kb.mp3
Duration: (11:18)
Title: El cerdo-hombre
Text: http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/portales/pardo_bazan/obra-visor/el-cerdohombre--0/html/ffb8b504-82b1-11df-acc7-002185ce6064_2.html#I_0_
Keywords: Emilia Pardo Bazán, centenario, cerdo, circo, Rusia

Many thanks in advance. And congratulations for your excellent work.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

mireia123 wrote: September 15th, 2021, 2:53 pm Hi again,

I've a couple short stories by Emilia Pardo Bazán, and in this case I've recorded on my own.
Thank you, Mireia!

Michael