COMPLETE / Multilingual Short Works Collection 030 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
czandra

Post by czandra »

Hi. I've just launched a french Canadian piece 8 short chapters long as a solo. Michael suggests it could be listed here. Can projects be cross-listed, or should it be completed as solo and catalogued here? Please advise

Czandra
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said,
"no one would come here if they weren't allowed to talk out loud."
So I read out loud.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

czandra wrote: August 15th, 2021, 10:53 am Hi. I've just launched a french Canadian piece 8 short chapters long as a solo. Michael suggests it could be listed here. Can projects be cross-listed, or should it be completed as solo and catalogued here? Please advise
Hi Czandra,

It depends on the length of the text. If the total length is under 72 minutes, it will fit in one mp3 file, and we can include it in this collection. For short works, it's better to include them in a collection than set up a separate project. I suggested this collection because you mentioned that it was 8 pages long, but it sounds like you meant 8 chapters? I've looked at the source you listed on the launch pad. It's 29 pages long and contains about 8000 words. The total length will probably be somewhere around an hour, but could be more, depending on your reading speed. This is a borderline case, which could be included in a collection or made into a solo project. If you'd like to include it in this collection, please follow the instructions in the first post at the start of this thread. You can then reply to your post on the launch pad to note your change of plans, and the post will be moved or deleted. Let me know if you have any questions.

Michael
czandra

Post by czandra »

It's coming in at about 8 min. per chapter, so just over an hour. This would be uploaded as a single file?? Or can I still do it in chapters and have it listed in this collection? Does this collection contain many languages together, or are they divided by language? Is the readership as broad as a readership seeking a book in the French solo section?

Cz
So I read out loud.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

czandra wrote: August 15th, 2021, 1:58 pm It's coming in at about 8 min. per chapter, so just over an hour. This would be uploaded as a single file?? Or can I still do it in chapters and have it listed in this collection?
For this collection, all sections would be combined in a single file.
Does this collection contain many languages together, or are they divided by language? Is the readership as broad as a readership seeking a book in the French solo section?
Each volume of the collection contains readings in multiple languages. If someone browses the French section of our catalog, each section from a collection appears as a separate entry. Of course, if you restrict the results to solos, they won't include results from group projects like collections. Conversely, if you restrict the results to group projects, they won't include solo projects.

Michael
czandra

Post by czandra »

Thanks Michael. My launch on solo has disappeared, so I'll think about it.
So I read out loud.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

czandra wrote: August 15th, 2021, 3:36 pm Thanks Michael. My launch on solo has disappeared, so I'll think about it.
Nope, still there. :)

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=88705

Michael
czandra

Post by czandra »

Voyage à Rimouski par eau, poème de FM Derome en français
source https://archive.org/details/lefoyercanadienr04qu/page/412/mode/2up

Canadien français, nostalgie, bâteau à vapeur

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw030_rimouski_derome_cz_128kb.mp3

7min 33s

Czandra
So I read out loud.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

czandra wrote: August 17th, 2021, 1:57 pm Voyage à Rimouski par eau, poème de FM Derome en français
Thank you, Czandra! I'm delighted to see more French Canadian literature in our catalog.

Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

czandra wrote: August 17th, 2021, 1:57 pmVoyage à Rimouski par eau, poème de FM Derome en français
source https://archive.org/details/lefoyercanadienr04qu/page/412/mode/2up
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw030_rimouski_derome_cz_128kb.mp3
what a wonderful nature-poem, thank you, Czandra, it was very nice to listen to :9:

I only found two small things to edit:

> at 0:07: in this intro disclaimer, since it's a multilingual project, we always say in what language we read. Could you add here: "lu en Français par Czandra" (see first post for the English example)

> at 4:46: (p. 394) "il faut jusqu'au détour en suivre le rivage" - you say "survivre", which changes the meaning ;)

thanks

Sonia
czandra

Post by czandra »

So I read out loud.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

czandra wrote: August 18th, 2021, 6:30 am:lol: survivre: Freudian slip!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw030_kamouraska_derome_cz_128kb.mp3
7m 24s
hehe, indeed, maybe the weather and the waters were very rough that day :mrgreen:

Just a question: why is the new poem 11 seconds shorter than the other one ? Did you re-record it all ? :shock: I have to know because then I have to relisten to it all from scratch. If you change anything else in a recording than the PL notes, please let me know the exact time stamps, so I can go and do a Spot PL which would save me some time. I'll wait with the full PL for clarification.

The intro is still wrong, you forgot to put "lu en Français" at the beginning. See English example here:
"[Work title] by [author], read in [language]. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org" [Optional: "Read by your name."]
Also I noticed you changed the filename to Kamouraska, why is that ? :hmm:

Sonia
czandra

Post by czandra »

oup-là! j'ai mis les mots 'en français' à la fin, non pas au début.
En ré-écoutant, j'ai pu couper quelques endroits o°u l'on entend la fan de mon ordi, donc il est un peu plus court. Sorry.

Je corrige l'intro, et refais le titre. Je fais en même temps un enregistrement du même auteur au sujet de Kamouraska, donc l'erreur s'est introduit facilement.

Bien à vous,
Czandra
So I read out loud.
czandra

Post by czandra »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/msw030_rimouski_derome_cz_128kb.mp3 7min 26s

Hi, here's the revised version. Sorry if you have to listen again to the whole thing. I think I'm running faster than my feet, so glad to be back at it after 4 months away.

Cz
So I read out loud.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

czandra wrote: August 19th, 2021, 12:07 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/msw030_rimouski_derome_cz_128kb.mp3 7min 26s

Hi, here's the revised version. Sorry if you have to listen again to the whole thing. I think I'm running faster than my feet, so glad to be back at it after 4 months away.
Thank you, Czandra. At first some of these little things can be easy to miss. Another one is the MC to select in the uploader: for this project it should be toddhw rather than kitty. :)

Sonia, I'd be glad to PL this version if you like.

Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

czandra wrote: August 19th, 2021, 12:07 pmhttps://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/msw030_rimouski_derome_cz_128kb.mp3 7min 26s
thank you, so I listened to the whole poem one more time and now all seems perfect. :thumbs: PL ok

I also moved the file to Todd's folder, so now we are all up to date in the MW.

Sonia