[COMPLETE][CATALÀ] Col·lecció d'obres curtes de la campanya Donants de veu - kaz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

BMVB wrote: August 16th, 2021, 11:58 pm Gracias por tu rápida respuesta. Una duda: En algunos casos, algunas lecturas han sido leídas por múltiples lectores. En un caso en concreto, por ejemplo, un grupo de teatro ha interpretado las distintas voces ya que se trata de una obra teatral. En otras ocasiones una novela en prosa se ha fragmentado en tres partes que han sido leídas por tres lectoras distintas. En otra, una poesia ha sido leída por dos lectoras distintas. En este caso, estas lecturas no podrían encajar tampoco en los criterios de librivox?
Hola Eli,

Cuando diferentes capítulos de una obra en prosa son narrados por diferentes lectores, cada uno es una grabación separada con su propia intro y outro. Esto se realizaría como un proyecto colaborativo dedicado a esta obra, en lugar de ser parte de una colección de obras breves.

Utilizamos un formato especial para obras teatrales y lecturas dramáticas. Cada colaborador dice "[personaje] leído por [nombre]", pero solo el narrador lee las intro y outro. Sin embargo, todas estas grabaciones se coordinan a través de nuestro sitio, por lo que todos los colaboradores saben que están contribuyendo a LibriVox y pueden acceder a información sobre lo que significa que una grabación sea de dominio público: cualquiera puede usarla para cualquier propósito sin restricción alguna. No queremos que los colaboradores sientan que se han aprovechado de ellos y se quejen si descubren que algún editor está tratando de vender su lectura en Audible. Entonces, para lecturas dramáticas, puede ser mejor publicarlas en el sitio de Donants de veu, donde probablemente estará disponible públicamente, pero bajo una licencia diferente a la del dominio público.

Michael
BMVB

Post by BMVB »

Entiendo, Michael!

Creo que antes deberíamos de habernos informado de como funciona vuestra plataforma. Te agradezco mucho el tiempo que has dedicado a informarnos y a ayudarnos.
Procuraremos realizar los cambios pertinentes pero ya será en setiembre por que ahora mismo la mayoría de los lectores están de vacaciones.

Gracias de nuevo y seguiremos en contacto!
ferranroigtio

Post by ferranroigtio »

Nom de l’autor: Joaquim Ruyra Oms
Títol de l’obra: Sa mare de sant Pere (fragment de La Parada)
Enllaç al text que heu llegit (o una imatge de la portada): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9mJ9Ir0p1Y
Enllaç de l’mp3 copiat de l’uploader: https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/ddv_joaquimruyraoms_samaredesantpere_frt_128kb.mp3
Durada de la gravació (mm:ss): 05:23
Si sou un nou voluntari, amb quin nom voleu constar al catàleg? Ferran Roig Tió
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

ferranroigtio wrote: September 28th, 2021, 10:58 am Nom de l’autor: Joaquim Ruyra Oms
Enllaç al text que heu llegit (o una imatge de la portada): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9mJ9Ir0p1Y
Enllaç de l’mp3 copiat de l’uploader: https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/ddv_joaquimruyraoms_samaredesantpere_frt_128kb.mp3
Welcome to the project, Ferran!

There are a couple of technical issues that need to addressed first.

First, we need to ensure that you've recorded an edition of the work which is in the public domain in the US, where our servers are located. This means that it should be published in 1925 or earlier. There's no way for us to know which edition the text at your Youtube link was taken from. If you have recorded this from an edition with a known publication date, please let us know. Otherwise, we need to ensure that your reading matches a public domain edition. I have found a scan of the 1919 edition of La Parada here:

https://archive.org/details/laparada00rura

We'll need to ask you to compare your reading with this edition, and if there are differences that change the meaning of the text, please edit your recording to match this edition.

Also, while you recording meets most of our technical requirements, there's one parameter that needs to be adjusted: the recording should be mono, rather than stereo.

Once these two issues have been addressed, we can ask our proof-listener to check the recording. :)

Thanks!
Michael
ferranroigtio

Post by ferranroigtio »

Thank you, Michael.

I've checked my reading against the text you've provided and it matches. All good there.

Regarding the mono recording though, I'm unsure. I used GarageBand to record, and it's stereo by default. So back then when I recorded this, I did it in stereo. I'm afraid I can't convert stereo recording to mono, or can I? I've figured out now how to record in mono for further collaborations. However, may I ask for a waiver in this case?

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

ferranroigtio wrote: October 9th, 2021, 1:36 am Regarding the mono recording though, I'm unsure. I used GarageBand to record, and it's stereo by default. So back then when I recorded this, I did it in stereo. I'm afraid I can't convert stereo recording to mono, or can I? I've figured out now how to record in mono for further collaborations. However, may I ask for a waiver in this case?
Hi Ferran,

I'm glad to hear the text is the same! Unfortunately, our cataloging process can't handle stereo recordings. I'm not familiar with GarageBand, but I recall seeing comments on our forums about difficulties of making GarageBand produce files that fit our tech specs. Apparently, even when GarageBand says the recording is mono, it's not really mono. I don't know if that's the case, but you should be able to convert your mp3 into mono with Audacity, as described here:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=88133

Most LibriVox contributors use Audacity, so you should be able to find help with it easily on our forums, should you need it.

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Kitty wrote: July 29th, 2021, 6:44 am
taormina wrote: July 28th, 2021, 9:39 amAcabo de subir una nueva lectura:

Nombre del autor: Maria del Pilar Maspons i Labrós (alias Maria de Bell-lloch)
Título de la obra: Una vetllada de Nadal. In: Llegendes catalanes (1881)
Enlace al texto del que leyó (o una imagen de la portada): https://ca.wikisource.org/wiki/Llegendas_catalanas/Una_vetllada_de_Nadal

El enlace para el mp3 copiado del uploader: https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/ddv_mpilarmasponsilabros_llegendescatalanesunavetlladadenadal_rv_128kb.mp3

Duración de la grabación (mm:ss): 06:58
and the last one for now, thank you Rut, also a lovely reading and also textually perfect. :thumbs: I really enjoyed listening to this story. So far the whole project is a success in my opinion.

I noticed you are all reading from the same source. Maybe it would have been a cool idea to do this book as group project alone. :hmm:

Ok, the only problem I see here is again the Librivox disclaimer, which is not the correct one, so could you please change the beginning to the following text:

> from 0:01 to 0:17: please replace by:
"Una vetllada de Nadal de Maria de Bell-Lloc.
Aquesta és una gravació de LibriVox. Tots els enregistraments de LibriVox són de domini públic.
Per a més informació, o per presentar-vos voluntaris, visiteu LibriVox punt org.
Llegit/da per Rut Vidal dins de la Campanya Donants de veu.
Una vetllada de Nadal
" (and then you start with the story)
> at 4:10: the is an audible click at the end of "Ja está millor." which can be cut out easily

> at the end: same what I mentioned to Mireia in the previous post, we need to insert the standard 5 seconds of silence, so that the recording doesn't get cut off too abruptly

> I also noticed a bit of a disturbing background noise overall, the whole file could benefit from noise cleaning, to make the listening experience even more agreeable. I see you have not done a one minute test, we could have worked over this problem there. Are you using Audacity ? Then the step by step is the following:
> select a small portion where you don't speak (at 0:10 in the beginning is a good place where you can hear the background rustling, I would use that part)
> go to Effect - Noise Reduction
> first select "Get Noise Profile"
> then highlight the entire recording
> again Effect - Noise Reduction
> now select OK
you will hear the sound is much better then :)

> you can then use the the shortened filename: ddv_belllloc_vetlladadenadal_rv_128kb

thank you, and I hope all liked the recording process, so I can hear much more from you soon 8-)

Sonia
Hi Sonia,

The Donants de veu initiative is over and this project has been inactive for a while. It's time to get it into the catalog.

This reader hasn't come back, so I tried to edit the recording myself. I managed to address most of it, except two points:

1) The intro now has "una gravació para LibriVox" instead of "una gravació de LibriVox". If the effect in Catalan is similar to other languages I know, it seems perhaps less elegant, but acceptable.
2) The phrase "Per a més informació... LibriVox punt org" is missing. That seems not optimal, but passable, since we don't have that phrase in the short disclaimer.

Let me know what you think.

Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kazbek wrote: January 9th, 2022, 8:02 am2) The phrase "Per a més informació... LibriVox punt org" is missing. That seems not optimal, but passable, since we don't have that phrase in the short disclaimer.
yes I think we can let it pass for once, since the rest was ok. I'll mark it PL ok. Thank you, Michael.

What about the other four contributions ? Do you think we could make some corrections there as well, to make them passable for our standards ? At least the third didn't have any textual errors if I recollect correctly. But I am not sure how well the full disclaimer can be corrected :hmm:

Also the final one, which I haven't checked yet at all...maybe I should check with the text source you found, if the only error is the mono/stereo thing, that can be easily changed.

What do you think ? There would be the possibility to have 9 sections in this project.

It's a pity the readers did not stick around to make the corrections :( but you are right, the ones that did have waited long enough to see their efforts in the catalogue.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Kitty wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 3:59 am
xiscosegura wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 1:14 amSecond reading
Nombre de la autora: Maria del Pilar Maspons i Labrós (pseudonym: Maria de Bell-Lloch)
Título de la obra: Llegendes catalanes: El salt de la núvia
Enlace al texto del que leyó (o una imagen de la portada): https://ca.wikisource.org/wiki/Llegendas_catalanas/Lo_salt_de_la_nuvia
In: Llegendas catalanas (1881): https://ca.wikisource.org/wiki/Llegendas_catalanas
El enlace para el mp3 copiado del uploader: https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/ddv_mpilarmasponsilabros_llegendescatalaneselsaltdelanuvia_xs_128kb.mp3
Duración de la grabación (mm:ss): 13:30
also had a listen to the second story. This time the sound is less tinny, but it's also less loud, so I guess it was really too loud and clipped in the previous recording.

Could you please change the following:

> same problem with the bitrate which should be 128kbps constant

> the volume is only 82 dB (we accept between 86 and 92 maximum). Please amplify with about 7 dB to get to a good average of 89. I see you have one prominent spike in the recording at 8:41 which is probably the reason why it didn't let you amplify more with the clipping warning. The best way to change this is first manually highlight this part, decrease the volume significantly, and then you can do an overall amplification of the whole recording.
You can check your volume with the Checker: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker and it also tells you technical errors, like the bitrate.

> again the intro should be changed to:
"Lo salt de la núvia de Maria de Bell-Lloc.
Aquesta és una gravació de LibriVox. Tots els enregistraments de LibriVox són de domini públic.
Per a més informació, o per presentar-vos voluntaris, visiteu LibriVox punt org.
Llegit/da per Xisco Segura dins de la Campanya Donants de veu.
Lo salt de la núvia
"

> at 11:21: (p. 104) "desde lo primer instant en que la havia vista" - you say "primer moment qua la haba veura" (I think) - I guess this means basically the same, I was just puzzled why you went away from the original text here, when the rest is word perfect. Just wanted to note it down, in case there is a significant change after all. I let you decide

> at 13:21: you don't need the long end disclaimer, please replace by the standard one: "Fi de Lo salt de la núvia"

> at the end: once more: 5 seconds of silence

> please reupload with the shortened filename: ddv_belllloc_saltdenuvia_xs_128kb

thanks, listening to the third story soon

Sonia
Hi Sonia,

Let's try this one next. It's more difficult to edit the intro and outro here. This is the best I can do based on the intros and outros of all three recordings by this reader. "Fi de la lectura" is a bit like our short poetry outro. What do you think?

Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kazbek wrote: January 10th, 2022, 6:56 amLet's try this one next. It's more difficult to edit the intro and outro here. This is the best I can do based on the intros and outros of all three recordings by this reader. "Fi de la lectura" is a bit like our short poetry outro. What do you think?
yes I guess you could, but it would probably also have been possible to copy/paste the title from the intro, since he mentions it there. But it's ok, we can mark it PL ok, even though the LV disclaimer is not totally complete. But let's preserve the effort.

Thanks

Sonia
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

The titles are there, but combining them with "fi de" would have been tricky. The reader's other two recordings are ready for spot PL.

Unfortunately, we can't accept section 8, because the intro was recorded by a different voice.

However, we have another recording that could be acceptable. The reader never came back to convert it to mono, but now I've done that and it seems to be technically ok otherwise. It's now section 9.

Thanks,
Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kazbek wrote: January 10th, 2022, 8:54 pmThe titles are there, but combining them with "fi de" would have been tricky. The reader's other two recordings are ready for spot PL.
those two are also PL ok then

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kazbek wrote: January 10th, 2022, 8:54 pmUnfortunately, we can't accept section 8, because the intro was recorded by a different voice.
actually the intro was recorded by the correct reader I think. Only again, she did not mention LV in the beginning, but maybe you can tweak that again with your editing magic, and a few small things to edit. But the end disclaimer that it's public domain is there. I think one could accept it.

The only thing she did not do is open a reader page... Not sure how to get around that. Maybe contact the organizer once more and ask. I don't think we can simply credit her to the organizer as the email adress would not be her own. :?

I would definitely keep her file, even if you want to catalogue now before the organizer replies...We could put in on hold for the multilingual project in that case and wait for the reader to come back with a registration. We could tell the organizer that he should contact the reader and let her know about this and where the poem can be found now. So she will know it's not deleted.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ferranroigtio wrote: September 28th, 2021, 10:58 amNom de l’autor: Joaquim Ruyra Oms
Sorry for the very late reply, I seem to have completely overlooked this section. :?

But better late than never. Thank you for your contribution, which was wonderfully narrated, it was very entertaining and you have a good voice to record. Also: thank you for using the correct intro disclaimer right on the first go :thumbs: There was nothing wrong textually and this can be marked PL ok right away.

Note that we changed the settings to Mono, instead of the Stereo you had. We need it in Mono. Even with garageband there is some workaround I think, you can ask in the help forum, someone will know how to do it. But downloading Audacity may be the easier solution on the long run. Because for future sections, you would need to set them to Mono right away.

But for this time it's ok and the section will be included into our project.

I am definitely looking forward to hearing more from you, maybe in our Multilingual Project: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=90152

Thank you

Sonia
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Kitty wrote: January 11th, 2022, 1:06 am
Kazbek wrote: January 10th, 2022, 8:54 pmUnfortunately, we can't accept section 8, because the intro was recorded by a different voice.
actually the intro was recorded by the correct reader I think.
The voice is similar, but they confirmed themselves that it's not the same person.

I've asked Joan if he was interested in writing the summary. Let's give him some time to respond. In the meantime, I'll move the thread to Readers Found.

Michael