COMPLETE Multilingual Short Works Collection 029 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

YisraelAdler wrote: May 27th, 2021, 12:30 am MY NAME IS YISRAEL ADLER - I AM A HEBREW NATIVE - LOOKING FOR CONNECTION WITH USER NAME - JAZZMAN
I CAN HELP AS A READER AND AS A CONTENT CREATOR FOR THE BIBLE
I SAW THAT THERE IS A NEED FOR HELP BUT THIS PLACE IS NOT USER FRIENDLY AND I AM TRYING TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE HEBREW GROUP
adler.aryeh@gmail.com
Thanks
Hi Yisrael and welcome to LibriVox!

I see you've already contacted Jazzman above and posted a message in the Exodus project. :thumbs:

If you'd like to have a discussion in Hebrew on another topic, you can create a new message in the forum Languages other than English: Help, Discussion, & Suggestions here:

viewforum.php?f=38

Click "New topic" to create a new thread and pick an appropriate subject line. I also recommend that you read our new contributor guide, which explains how one can contribute to LibriVox:

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

Michael
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

YisraelAdler wrote: May 27th, 2021, 12:30 am MY NAME IS YISRAEL ADLER...
Hello Yisrael,
There is an experienced LV user "miss stav", I think she is an Israeli, she might help to guide you :-)
Good luck!
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

chulsky wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 12:14 pm
9:43 - SimOn. Я никогда не слыхал ударение на втором слоге ни в русском, ни в идише (есть ШимОн в иврите). Однако, вы ближе к Одессе. Если слыхали, то все в порядке.
Hi!
This is the corrected file.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw029_istoriamoieygolubiatni_babel_phb_128kb.mp3 30:35

Thank you!
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: May 31st, 2021, 4:59 am
chulsky wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 12:14 pm
9:43 - SimOn. Я никогда не слыхал ударение на втором слоге ни в русском, ни в идише (есть ШимОн в иврите). Однако, вы ближе к Одессе. Если слыхали, то все в порядке.
Hi!
This is the corrected file.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw029_istoriamoieygolubiatni_babel_phb_128kb.mp3 30:35

Thank you!
Good patching, Hanna! PL OK :thumbs:
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
YisraelAdler

Post by YisraelAdler »

This is - YisraelAdler- I can do the listening for Jazzmzn's - Hebrew - צִפֹּרֶת [Tsiporet]
YisraelAdler

Post by YisraelAdler »

LISTENED TO JAZZMAN'S READING -
1. וְהַכֹּל בָּהִיר בּוֹ כְּמוֹ בְעֵינָיִךְ. ----כמו צריך להיות מבוטא דגוש

2. הוֹ, מִי הִשְׁלִיג עָלֵינוּ – וּבְשֶׁפַע כָּזֶה,-----הוקרא הוי

these are the only corrections - otherwise perfect :clap:
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

Hi Michael,

Apparently the original text I read from is only available in the US: https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uiug.30112070005555&view=1up&seq=111
Since the PL Yisrael is not located in the US, I gave him a link to a version of the song published in the Ben Yehuda project (similar to the Gutenberg project, but for works in Hebrew): https://benyehuda.org/read/209
The comments made by Yisrael are actually due to very slight differences between the texts. So I think this can be deemed PL OK.
BTW, I'm not sure which text is preferred to link in the catalogue, given the original is only available in the US...
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

YisraelAdler wrote: June 4th, 2021, 5:38 am This is - YisraelAdler- I can do the listening for Jazzmzn's - Hebrew - צִפֹּרֶת [Tsiporet]
jazzman wrote: June 4th, 2021, 7:04 am Hi Michael,

Apparently the original text I read from is only available in the US: https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uiug.30112070005555&view=1up&seq=111
Since the PL Yisrael is not located in the US, I gave him a link to a version of the song published in the Ben Yehuda project (similar to the Gutenberg project, but for works in Hebrew): https://benyehuda.org/read/209
The comments made by Yisrael are actually due to very slight differences between the texts. So I think this can be deemed PL OK.
BTW, I'm not sure which text is preferred to link in the catalogue, given the original is only available in the US...

Thanks for PLing, Yisrael!

Jazzman, we can use your reading of the text from the HathiTrust link, since its PD in the US, where are servers are located. It's better to use the link you read from in the catalog (I didn't notice a verifiable publication date for the Ben Yehuda project text, but, not knowing Hebrew, I may have missed it). Our contributors are personally responsible for verifying the copyright status of the works they read or PL in their own countries, and I trust that you have both done that, if you are not located in the US. Since this project has the PL level of standard, Yisrael didn't have to follow along with the text. The notes he made is an extra level of information that you can use according to your preference, so I have no problem accepting your assessment.

Sonia, if you could just double-check the tech specs, I think we'll be all set. :) (I'm traveling at the moment)

Thanks!
Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kazbek wrote: June 4th, 2021, 9:27 am Sonia, if you could just double-check the tech specs, I think we'll be all set. :) (I'm traveling at the moment)
tech specs are all clear on this section :thumbs: PL ok.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
YisraelAdler

Post by YisraelAdler »

The Emperor's New Clothes - HEBREW, by Hans Christian Andersen (1805 - 1875), translated by David Frischmann (1859 - 1922)
Two swindlers arrive at the capital city of an emperor who spends lavishly on clothing at the expense of state matters. Posing as weavers, they offer to supply him with magnificent clothes that are invisible to those who are stupid or incompetent. The emperor hires them, and they set up looms and go to work. A succession of officials, and then the emperor himself, visit them to check their progress. Each sees that the looms are empty but pretends otherwise to avoid being thought a fool. Finally, the weavers report that the emperor's suit is finished. They mime dressing him and he sets off in a procession before the whole city. The townsfolk uncomfortably go along with the pretense, not wanting to appear inept or stupid, until a child blurts out that the emperor is wearing nothing at all. The people then realize that everyone has been fooled. Although startled, the emperor continues the procession, walking more proudly than ever. (Summary by )
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://benyehuda.org/read/8233

Target completion date: 2021-08-01

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

[MW]xxxx[/MW]
========================================
This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
  • Project Code: s748Jaog
  • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Christian_Andersen (Hans Christian Andersen)
  • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor's_New_Clothes
  • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 1
  • Does the project have an introduction or preface: No
  • Original publication date (if known):
  • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? YisraelAdler
  • Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Myths, Legends & Fairy Tales

Keywords that describe the book: clothes, Hans Christian Andersen, invisible, the emperor's new clothes, conformity

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Emperor's New Clothes - HEBREW. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Emperor's New Clothes - HEBREW, by Hans Christian Andersen, translated by David Frischmann. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Emperor's New Clothes - HEBREW, by Hans Christian Andersen, translated by David Frischmann. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Emperor's New Clothes - HEBREW, by Hans Christian Andersen, translated by David Frischmann."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: emperorsnewclotheshebrew_##_andersen_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. emperorsnewclotheshebrew_01_andersen_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: xxxx

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
YisraelAdler

Post by YisraelAdler »

YisraelAdler

Post by YisraelAdler »

jAZZMAN CORRECTED ME - THIS IS WHY I'M DOING IT AGAIN
THANK YOU JAZZMAN

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/emperorsnewclotheshebrew_1_andersen_128kb.mp3
LENGTH: 19:08
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

YisraelAdler wrote: June 5th, 2021, 7:14 am jAZZMAN CORRECTED ME - THIS IS WHY I'M DOING IT AGAIN
THANK YOU JAZZMAN

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/emperorsnewclotheshebrew_1_andersen_128kb.mp3
Hi Yisrael,

It would be great to have a recording of this fairy tale in Hebrew. Unfortunately, in order to ensure that the recording is in the public domain in the US, where our servers are located, we need to verify the publication date of the edition you read from. I don't see a way to verify this date for the Ben Yehuda text you used (since I don't know Hebrew, I might have missed it), without which we would not be able to publish your recording. :( We can read from a scan (or a hardcopy) where the title page shows a publication year of 1925 or earlier (Archive.org is a good place to look for these), or a text from Gutenberg.org, or a text that is available at HathiTrust.org in Full View mode in the US (we can help you check this). I did a quick search of these websites, and I'm sorry to say that I haven't been able to find a Hebrew translation of Andersen's tales that we can use. If you are able to find one, please let me know, and we will ask you to make any changes that are needed to make your reading match this text. Don't hesitate to ask us about the US copyright status of a text you're planning to use before recording it, so as to avoid extra efforts like these.

Also, you don't need to fill out a new project template if you are contributing a section to an existing project, like this collection. We ask contributors to post the following information in the thread:

1) URL of the text you read from
2) Name(s) of author(s)
3) Upload URL
4) Duration

Thanks,
Michael
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

Kazbek wrote: June 5th, 2021, 12:32 pm
YisraelAdler wrote: June 5th, 2021, 7:14 am jAZZMAN CORRECTED ME - THIS IS WHY I'M DOING IT AGAIN
THANK YOU JAZZMAN

Hi Yisrael,

It would be great to have a recording of this fairy tale in Hebrew. Unfortunately, in order to ensure that the recording is in the public domain in the US, where our servers are located, we need to verify the publication date of the edition you read from. I don't see a way to verify this date for the Ben Yehuda text you used (since I don't know Hebrew, I might have missed it), without which we would not be able to publish your recording. :( We can read from a scan (or a hardcopy) where the title page shows a publication year of 1925 or earlier (Archive.org is a good place to look for these), or a text from Gutenberg.org, or a text that is available at HathiTrust.org in Full View mode in the US (we can help you check this). I did a quick search of these websites, and I'm sorry to say that I haven't been able to find a Hebrew translation of Andersen's tales that we can use. If you are able to find one, please let me know, and we will ask you to make any changes that are needed to make your reading match this text. Don't hesitate to ask us about the US copyright status of a text you're planning to use before recording it, so as to avoid extra efforts like these.

Also, you don't need to fill out a new project template if you are contributing a section to an existing project, like this collection. We ask contributors to post the following information in the thread:

1) URL of the text you read from
2) Name(s) of author(s)
3) Upload URL
4) Duration

Thanks,
Michael
Hi Michael,
This story is taken from a book named "הגדות וסיפורים מאת ה. אנדרסן" (translated as "Stories by H. Andersen"). The book is a translation of stories by Hans Christian Andersen to Hebrew by David Frischmann (1859-1922).
The book's footnote on the Ben Yehuda site (https://benyehuda.org/author/142#fn:1) cites the source as: "הוצאת “מוריה” ו“יוֹדישֶר פֶרלַג”,מהדורה חמישית, ברלין, תרפ"ג"
This means that this book was published by "מוריה" (read as "Moriah"; the original name of Dvir) and Jüdischer Verlag. The source is from the 5th edition of the book, and was published in Berlin in the Hebrew year תרפ"ג (September 1922 - September 1923).
Hopefully this clarifies the copyright status of the work.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

jazzman wrote: June 6th, 2021, 7:58 am Hi Michael,
This story is taken from a book named "הגדות וסיפורים מאת ה. אנדרסן" (translated as "Stories by H. Andersen"). The book is a translation of stories by Hans Christian Andersen to Hebrew by David Frischmann (1859-1922).
The book's footnote on the Ben Yehuda site (https://benyehuda.org/author/142#fn:1) cites the source as: "הוצאת “מוריה” ו“יוֹדישֶר פֶרלַג”,מהדורה חמישית, ברלין, תרפ"ג"
This means that this book was published by "מוריה" (read as "Moriah"; the original name of Dvir) and Jüdischer Verlag. The source is from the 5th edition of the book, and was published in Berlin in the Hebrew year תרפ"ג (September 1922 - September 1923).
Hopefully this clarifies the copyright status of the work.
Thanks for the information! Let me double-check with the rest of the admin team if we can count BenYehuda.org among the handful of websites whose bibliographical data we can rely on without seeing a scan of the title page. We may need to reach out to them to clarify some details, and I'll share the verdict as soon as possible. :)

Michael