COMPLETE Multilingual Short Works Collection 029 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Just to fill one more slot, in case the two readers are missing, here is a short Latin poem by Horace:

"Carmen XXII", by Horace
Source text: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/46938
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw029_carmenxxii_horace_ss_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 0:47 min.
Keywords: poem, goddess, virgin, protector

Sonia
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Kitty wrote: July 26th, 2021, 7:23 am Just to fill one more slot, in case the two readers are missing, here is a short Latin poem by Horace:

"Carmen XXII", by Horace
I haven't heard you read Latin before, Sonia. Love your pronunciation! The only comment I have is about the title. Each book of the odes has its own numbering and there's also a Carmen XXII in book I. I know you prefer "bare" titles, but I think here the book number should accompany the song number as part of the title. What do you think? In Latin, I would say it as "carmen vicesimum secundum libri tertii carminum".

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Kazbek wrote: April 28th, 2021, 3:19 pm
sanved23 wrote: April 28th, 2021, 11:23 am I've Pl'd the Marathi one (sr.no. 5). It's PL ok.
Thank you so much, Sanved! I'm happy that we have found a qualified proof-listener for this recording. :9:

Dipti, I have just a couple of PL notes regarding minor technical issues:

1) (0:00-0:05) In the intro we don't use the words "title" and "author". It should be just: "Sopya va Manoranjak Goshti by Vishṇu Vāsudeva Nāṭekara".

2) (0:17-0:19) Since you're saying "read by" at the end, you don't need to say it here. You can delete this bit.

3) (27:00-27:09) Same issue in the outro. It should be: "End of Sopya va Manoranjak Goshti by Vishṇu Vāsudeva Nāṭekara, read by Dipti [your last name]" (we say just "read by" without "to you")

4) Finally, there should be 5 seconds of silence at the end (currently there's only one)
I went ahead and edited the intro and outro. The edits aren't seamless, but since the reader hasn't come back to address the PL notes, we do what we can to get the recording into the catalog. I put the reader's name in the intro, together with the language.

Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kazbek wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:55 pmI haven't heard you read Latin before, Sonia. Love your pronunciation!
thank you. :) Yes, I am full of surprises :lol: I did Latin at university along with my medieval English and French studies.
The only comment I have is about the title. Each book of the odes has its own numbering and there's also a Carmen XXII in book I. I know you prefer "bare" titles, but I think here the book number should accompany the song number as part of the title. What do you think? In Latin, I would say it as "carmen vicesimum secundum libri tertii carminum".
hm ok, I didn't think about that. And you prefer to use ordinal numbers ? I usually take the cardinal numbers, also in English poems, I say "Sonnet Five" not "Fifth Sonnet". But ok, I don't mind, I changed the intro, the outro and the title. Better now ? It sounds a bit odd to me, but I'm not used to Latin much :lol: Next time I choose one with a regular title.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw029_carmenxxii_horace_ss_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 0:52 min.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kazbek wrote: July 26th, 2021, 3:10 pm2) (0:17-0:19) Since you're saying "read by" at the end, you don't need to say it here. You can delete this bit.
I noticed you forgot to cut the name at this spot. Maybe that can be done still :hmm: The other edits are ok.

Thank you

Sonia
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Kitty wrote: July 27th, 2021, 1:38 am hm ok, I didn't think about that. And you prefer to use ordinal numbers ? I usually take the cardinal numbers, also in English poems, I say "Sonnet Five" not "Fifth Sonnet". But ok, I don't mind, I changed the intro, the outro and the title. Better now ? It sounds a bit odd to me, but I'm not used to Latin much :lol: Next time I choose one with a regular title.
Now PL OK! It seems that ordinal numbers don't work well in place of cardinals in Latin. I believe all of our Latin solo projects have used ordinal numbers. They also don't work well in Russian, unless you say "номер" in front of the number.

I added "Carminum Liber Tertius", as it appears in the source. Looks ok?

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Kitty wrote: July 27th, 2021, 2:31 am
Kazbek wrote: July 26th, 2021, 3:10 pm2) (0:17-0:19) Since you're saying "read by" at the end, you don't need to say it here. You can delete this bit.
I noticed you forgot to cut the name at this spot. Maybe that can be done still :hmm: The other edits are ok.
So I did. :shock: Ready for spot PL!

Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kazbek wrote: July 27th, 2021, 5:40 amThey also don't work well in Russian, unless you say "номер" in front of the number.
ah I didn't know that, interesting, thanks.
I added "Carminum Liber Tertius", as it appears in the source. Looks ok?
In the MW ? yes, it's fine.

And the Marathi section is also Spot PL ok now. So we have 20 completed sections, and we can catalogue this project and we move the Chinese section over to the next project. For the record, here is what is mentioned in the MW for that section, which I will delete now:
Chinese - 古詩十九首 [Gushi shijiu shou] (Reader: lw1474)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw029_Gushi_Shijiu_Shou_(Nineteen_Old_Poems)_Xiaotong_Ling_128kb.mp3

<b>PL notes on p. 2</b><br>
14:29<br>
蕭統 (Xiao Tong)<br>
<a href="http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/43009">link to text</a><br>
Keywords: Multillingual, poems, classic Chinese, Nineteen Old Poems
<br><b>Note filename</b>
Todd: give me a few more minutes, I will change the filenames to alpha-numeric now before you catalogue. Will let you know when everything is in order.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Encountered a problem. For some reason Bernd's section "Und Satan lachte" is gone from Todd's folder :shock: don't know how that could have happened.

I will PM Bernd and ask if he still has a copy. :?

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

All THREE of Livia's poems are gone too :shock: what has happened ? this is scary

Will PM her

Sonia
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Kitty wrote: July 27th, 2021, 6:13 am Encountered a problem. For some reason Bernd's section "Und Satan lachte" is gone from Todd's folder :shock: don't know how that could have happened.

I will PM Bernd and ask if he still has a copy. :?

Sonia
Hello Sonia,

you will find the file under:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw029_05_satanlachte_jacobowski_loa_128kb.mp3

Greetings from Germany. :)
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lorda wrote: July 27th, 2021, 6:28 am you will find the file under:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw029_05_satanlachte_jacobowski_loa_128kb.mp3
thank you Bernd, the file is in now.

Waiting for Livia to reply. Meanwhile I will hunt in other folders, maybe somehow they got moved. :hmm:

I put the three sections on PL notes for the time being. Sorry, no cataloguing today.

Sonia
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Kitty wrote: July 27th, 2021, 6:26 am All THREE of Livia's poems are gone too :shock: what has happened ? this is scary
Uh oh. Yes, three of her four contributions are gone from the server. I've searched all upload folders for files containing "_lf_" (her initials), and unfortunately, they aren't there. :(
Will PM her
Keeping my fingers crossed that she still has a copy!

Michael
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Kazbek wrote: July 27th, 2021, 6:47 am
Keeping my fingers crossed that she still has a copy!

Michael
Or someone who PLed her stuff.
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kazbek wrote: July 27th, 2021, 6:47 am Uh oh. Yes, three of her four contributions are gone from the server. I've searched all upload folders for files containing "_lf_" (her initials), and unfortunately, they aren't there. :(
all her sections have gone. the fourth is from Victor.

Willl investigate...

Sonia