COMPLETE Multilingual Short Works Collection 029 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kermesse

Post by kermesse »

Un poema en català de Joan Timoneda (1518/20-1583)
Titol: Só qui só que no só io
Text URL:https://ca.wikisource.org/wiki/Flor_d%27enamorats/S%C3%B3_qui_s%C3%B3_que_no_s%C3%B3_jo

Date of publication: 1681
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw029_soquisoquenosoio_timoneda_rfg_128.mp3
Duration(mm:ss) 00:53
Keywords: Poesia catalana, Timoneda, Só qui só

My name in catalog: rfuentesg
kermesse

Post by kermesse »

Kazbek wrote: May 7th, 2021, 3:13 pm
kermesse wrote: May 7th, 2021, 2:21 pm Deixo un poema en català de Joan Timoneda (1518/20-1583)
Text URL: https://ca.wikisource.org/wiki/Flor_d%27enamorats/S%C3%B3_qui_s%C3%B3_que_no_s%C3%B3_jo

Date of publication: 1681
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw029_soquisoquenosoio_timoneda_rfg128.mp3
Keywords: Poesia catalana, Timoneda, só qui só
Está bien si escribo en inglés? Puedo escribir en español, si lo prefieres, pero lamentablemente no en catalán.

It's great to see a contribution in Catalan! Our proof-listener, Sonia, will check your recording.

Luckily, we can use this Wikisource text, since it includes scan images, where we can check the publication date on the title page and verify its public domain status. :thumbs: For other Wikisource texts, please check that scan images are available, or just ask us, so we can help verify its PD status.

Since this is the first time you're assigned a section, let me know under what name (real or nickname) you would like to be credited in the catalog. We can also include a link to your personal website or blog, if you have one.

Finally, there's a small problem at the end of the filename. It should be:

msw029_soquisoquenosoio_timoneda_rfg_128kb.mp3

If you need to upload the file again for another reason, please make that correction. Otherwise, we'll fix it during cataloging.

Michael
Hello, Michael,

Thank you for your feedback! Yes, English its OK. I'm sorry about the file name. I have corrected it and I have resubmitted the file with the information you asked for.

Thank you!
Rosanna
kermesse

Post by kermesse »

Está bien si escribo en inglés? Puedo escribir en español, si lo prefieres, pero lamentablemente no en catalán.

It's great to see a contribution in Catalan! Our proof-listener, Sonia, will check your recording.

Luckily, we can use this Wikisource text, since it includes scan images, where we can check the publication date on the title page and verify its public domain status. :thumbs: For other Wikisource texts, please check that scan images are available, or just ask us, so we can help verify its PD status.

Since this is the first time you're assigned a section, let me know under what name (real or nickname) you would like to be credited in the catalog. We can also include a link to your personal website or blog, if you have one.

If you need to upload the file again for another reason, please make that correction. Otherwise, we'll fix it during cataloging.

Michael
[/quote]

Hello, Michael,

Thank you for your feedback! Yes, English is OK. I'm sorry about the file name. I have corrected it and I have resubmitted the file with the information you asked for.

Thank you!
Rosanna
[/quote]
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

kermesse wrote: May 8th, 2021, 2:15 am
Kazbek wrote:

Michael
Hello, Michael,

Thank you for your feedback! Yes, English is OK. I'm sorry about the file name. I have corrected it and I have resubmitted the file with the information you asked for.

Thank you!
Rosanna
Thanks, Rosanna. There's still a "kb" missing at the end of the filename, but you don't have to change it now.

Added: Here's you reader page:

https://librivox.org/reader/16192

Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

kermesse wrote: May 8th, 2021, 2:11 amUn poema en català de Joan Timoneda (1518/20-1583)
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw029_soquisoquenosoio_timoneda_rfg_128.mp3
thank you, Kermesse, and welcome to the forum. This was a wonderful first contribution and I'm happy to hear what Catalan sounds like. :D

Your first recording is totally PL ok. Hopefully many more to come.

Sonia
Matylda

Post by Matylda »

Hello, could I join with "Lilije" by Adam Mickiewicz (in Polish)?
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Matylda wrote: May 14th, 2021, 12:22 am Hello, could I join with "Lilije" by Adam Mickiewicz (in Polish)?
Hi Matylda,

Welcome to the Multilingual Collection! :) It would be great to expand our Polish collection.

Since this is the first time you'll be assigned a section, let me know under what name (real or nickname) you would like to be credited in the catalog. We can also include a link to your personal website or blog, if you have one.

Also, please complete a 1-Minute Test before you record your first contribution. This is not an audition. Its purpose is to ensure that your recording software and hardware is set up in accordance with LibriVox technical standards, so that you get a chance to adjust your setup without having to redo a longer recording, like this poem. The instructions can be found on this wiki page:

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

Next, you need to choose a public domain source to read from. The text should be public domain in the US, where our servers are located, as well as in your country. We can read from a scan where the title page shows a publication year of 1925 or earlier (Archive.org is a good place to look for these), or a text from Gutenberg.org, or a text that is available in Full View at HathiTrust.org. I did a quick search and found this 1899 version at Wikisource, which is accompanied by a scan:

https://pl.wikisource.org/wiki/Strona:PL_Poezye_Adama_Mickiewicza._T._1._(1899)_141.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions.

Michael
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

Hello!

Here is a submission in Russian История моей голубятни. The author is Исаак Бабель

https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/msw029_istoriamoieygolubiatni_babel_phb_128kb.mp3 30:35

Text source https://archive.org/details/KN_1925/KN_1925_04/page/n33/mode/2up

Keywords: xenophobia, ксенофобия, 1905, pogrom, погром, Nikolayev, Mykolaiv, Николаев, Миколаїв

Sonia, the text is poorly typed and the content is somewhat shocking. Mark Chulsky may PL it if you wish.

Thank you
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: May 20th, 2021, 4:46 pm Hello!

Here is a submission in Russian История моей голубятни. The author is Исаак Бабель
Great choice, Anya! I must have read this story about 25 years ago, and I still remember parts of it very well... which is saying something, because I usually have trouble remembering things I read last month. :roll:

The file went into the wrong MC folder, but I fixed that.

Michael
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Awwww! May I please, please, PL?
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
Matylda

Post by Matylda »

Kazbek wrote: May 14th, 2021, 6:14 am
Matylda wrote: May 14th, 2021, 12:22 am Hello, could I join with "Lilije" by Adam Mickiewicz (in Polish)?
Hi Matylda,

Welcome to the Multilingual Collection! :) It would be great to expand our Polish collection.

Since this is the first time you'll be assigned a section, let me know under what name (real or nickname) you would like to be credited in the catalog. We can also include a link to your personal website or blog, if you have one.

Also, please complete a 1-Minute Test before you record your first contribution. This is not an audition. Its purpose is to ensure that your recording software and hardware is set up in accordance with LibriVox technical standards, so that you get a chance to adjust your setup without having to redo a longer recording, like this poem. The instructions can be found on this wiki page:

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

Next, you need to choose a public domain source to read from. The text should be public domain in the US, where our servers are located, as well as in your country. We can read from a scan where the title page shows a publication year of 1925 or earlier (Archive.org is a good place to look for these), or a text from Gutenberg.org, or a text that is available in Full View at HathiTrust.org. I did a quick search and found this 1899 version at Wikisource, which is accompanied by a scan:

https://pl.wikisource.org/wiki/Strona:PL_Poezye_Adama_Mickiewicza._T._1._(1899)_141.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions.

Michael
Hi!
Sorry for the delay, I was waiting for the notification but forgot to have ticked it.

About the name, I am comfortable to be called Matylda :-)

I have recorded 1-minut test and uploaded it, as it is said in the instruction. I hope it worked, however it is still quite confusing for me. Can you see it?
I am sorry if my accent isn't proper. I hope to read in Polish, but there is no version of text sample this way.

Please, let me know if uploading worked and if I can record know. This time I will tick the notification box, so I won't miss the answer. :wink:

Thank you for support,
Matylda
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

Kazbek wrote: May 20th, 2021, 5:49 pm
Great choice, Anya! I must have read this story about 25 years ago, and I still remember parts of it very well... which is saying something, because I usually have trouble remembering things I read last month. :roll:

The file went into the wrong MC folder, but I fixed that.

Michael
Sorry, I wanted to upload smth to your new MC folder so much, that I forgot to read the instructions :)

Nowing nothing about this story before LV, I'm glad you have read it. Hope more people will remember it for long.

Thank you
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

chulsky wrote: May 20th, 2021, 6:30 pm
Awwww! May I please, please, PL?
:lol: well if you are so eager to listen to this, I wouldn't mind, as I have plenty more to PL still... thank you so much Mark. Though I wouldn't have minded to PL Anya myself, I am also grateful for every help I can get.

Sonia
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Matylda wrote: May 21st, 2021, 1:08 am
I have recorded 1-minut test and uploaded it, as it is said in the instruction. I hope it worked, however it is still quite confusing for me. Can you see it?
I am sorry if my accent isn't proper. I hope to read in Polish, but there is no version of text sample this way.

Please, let me know if uploading worked and if I can record know. This time I will tick the notification box, so I won't miss the answer. :wink:
Don't forget to post your upload link in the forum Listeners & Editors Wanted, so other people can get to it. :)

Michael
Matylda

Post by Matylda »

How can I take that link to my recording?
I cannot log in this librivox account for uploading again, as the password is said to be wrong. What has changed?