[Open][Ukrainian] Українські народні казки. В. Гнатюк, І. Рудченко.-mas

Deutsche Projekte, Nederlandstalige Projecten, Proyectos en español, projets en français, Projekty po polsku, 日本語のプロジェクト
TanG

Post by TanG »

Thank you!
pess

Post by pess »

TanG

Post by TanG »

pess wrote: February 12th, 2021, 3:57 am Okay I think I'm finally ready to upload :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/yakivanzrobyvchudesne_18_hnatiuk_128kb.mp3 5:08
Hello. Thank you!
I'll leave PL-ing to Hanna, otherwise I'll try to do it myself later.
It seems that this is your first recording after the test. Congratulations! :clap:
Tan.
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

TanG wrote: February 12th, 2021, 4:50 am
I'll leave PL-ing to Hanna, otherwise I'll try to do it myself later.
Hi Tan! Please PL yourself. I'm a little busy with панна Олександра at the moment.
Thank you)
TanG

Post by TanG »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: February 12th, 2021, 5:04 am
Hi Tan! Please PL yourself. I'm a little busy with панна Олександра at the moment.
Thank you)
Ok. I'll do it in the evening. Thank you for telling.
Tan.
pess

Post by pess »

TanG wrote: February 12th, 2021, 4:50 am
It seems that this is your first recording after the test. Congratulations! :clap:
Tan.
yeah it is, thanks!! I'm a bit nervous about it!
thank you for PLing it :)
TanG

Post by TanG »

pess wrote: February 12th, 2021, 6:09 am I'm a bit nervous about it!
Don't worry =) Your reading is great, I really like it.
There are only few small amendments that should be done and most of them you can do just by editing in Audacity, you don't have to rewrite the whole section:
1) the first pause from 0 to 1,28sec is slightly too long, the aim is 0,5-1 sec, so a little cut will help a lot;
2) 6,35sec "Івана Рудченко" please change it to "іван Рудченко", this way the intro would follow the same pattern for all sections;
3) from 22,36 to 24,73sec between intro and the start of the tale, 2,35 seconds are a bit long. It's recommended to not exceed 2 seconds. Even between paragraphs, 1-1.5 seconds maximum is usually sufficient (at least I'm told so :))
4) 4:20,83- "то пустиш оцей клубочок" there is some sound on the background, like a bird.
5) at the very end we always leave a standard of 5 seconds of silence, you only have 3 sec can you add 2 more, please. Simply copy/past from other place.
Дякую за казку, вперше зустрічаю дочку святого Петра в сюжеті, несподівано. Я по діагоналі переглядала, але одразу не звернула увагу =)
Вибачте, що так пізно відписала.
До речі, редагувати краще з кінця так час не зсунеться і буде легше знайти потрібне місце.
Tan.
Last edited by TanG on February 14th, 2021, 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Hello everybody! 🐋
I`m a newbie here & I would like to understand first the PL-ing, and for this I would try to do it with some of the small Ukrainian-language texts, no more than 2,000 words, for example.
What is needed for this? 🍉
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
TanG

Post by TanG »

HandmadePSK wrote: February 13th, 2021, 10:01 pm Hello everybody! 🐋
I`m a newbie here & I would like to understand first the PL-ing, and for this I would try to do it with some of the small Ukrainian-language texts, no more than 2,000 words, for example.
Hi, Alexander.
I'm glad that you decided to try something new here =)
I'm not an expert in PL-ing myself, listening to Ryna was for the first time for me.
So here are some links, that I read previously, maybe that would help you:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/ProofListening_tips_and_quiz
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17680
https://archive.org/download/librivox_community_2013/librivox_community_podcast_148_128kb.mp3 -this one is a podcast about proof-listening, I really enjoyed it.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=36489 - this one might be useful too, as some prooflisteners also check the tech specifications (in this project I can do that)
When you are ready you just listen to sections that are ready for PL-ing and write your comments, that is if the project doesn't have a DPL, as this one. For now all sections were PL-ed here, so you'll need to wait for somebody to record a section.
Best regards,
Tan.
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

TanG wrote: February 14th, 2021, 4:20 am
HandmadePSK wrote: February 13th, 2021, 10:01 pm Hello everybody! 🐋
Hi, Alexander.
I'm glad that you decided to try something new here =)
I'm not an expert in PL-ing myself, listening to Ryna was for the first time for me.
So here are some links, that I read previously, maybe that would help you:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/ProofListening_tips_and_quiz
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17680
https://archive.org/download/librivox_community_2013/librivox_community_podcast_148_128kb.mp3 -this one is a podcast about proof-listening, I really enjoyed it.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=36489 - this one might be useful too, as some prooflisteners also check the tech specifications (in this project I can do that)
When you are ready you just listen to sections that are ready for PL-ing and write your comments, that is if the project doesn't have a DPL, as this one. For now all sections were PL-ed here, so you'll need to wait for somebody to record a section.
Best regards,
Tan.
Howdie! 🌹
Yes, I am already familiar with most of the information provided, thanks; I will also read some more and listen to a podcast.
When you are ready you just listen to sections that are ready for PL-ing and write your comments,
How will I know that someone else is not doing this at the same time as me? 🦗
TanG

Post by TanG »

How will I know that someone else is not doing this at the same time as me?
Hanna is too busy with her own projects now to listen to this one, and I haven't met other candidates for Pl-ing, yet :(
However, if you want to be sure, as Proof-listening is time-consuming too, you can write here, that you are going to PL sec[number].
Does that sound ok to you? :hmm:
Tan.
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

However, if you want to be sure, as Proof-listening is time-consuming too, you can write here, that you are going to PL sec[number].
And after that, should I wait for confirmation from the project coordinator or sb else to start the PL-ing? 🦘
TanG

Post by TanG »

HandmadePSK wrote: February 14th, 2021, 7:57 am
And after that, should I wait for confirmation from the project coordinator or sb else to start the PL-ing? 🦘
I think no, you can just dive in =)))
The Dedicated PL must be approved, as that person has the access to the MagicWindow, readers are approved, because Book Coordinator notes their sections in the MW, but Proof Listeners are a different case.
Tan.
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

Hello!
In additon to what have already been said here is one of the videos I used for learning of how to PL some time ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0TJOaCIlpI

The add is placed so yes, Alexander, chances are the same work may be done twise. And that doesn't sound like fun. The video explains that for busy projects one should check for others' "claims" and then claim a section to PL themselves.
It is true this project doesn't seem to be busy, but in order to be on the safe side I'd recommend anyone to check and post claims.

Thank you)
Anya