COMPLETE DR [Ukrainian] Маскарад by Олена Пчілка-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
pess

Post by pess »

Nice some new voices :) I'll PL them in a couple of days!
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

pess wrote: March 1st, 2021, 3:56 am Nice some new voices :) I'll PL them in a couple of days!
Cool! Thank you :D
pess

Post by pess »

Kazbek wrote: February 28th, 2021, 5:32 pm Продавець, the fruit of two months' labors: :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/maskarad_prodavets_1_128kb.mp3 (0:15)

I hope I haven't butchered the pronunciation too badly.

Misha
The pronunciation is totally not butchered :) it's all good, but you need add 2 more seconds of silence at the end of the recording
pess

Post by pess »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: February 28th, 2021, 6:45 pm Sec 3 of Панна Олександра is ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/maskarad_pannaoleksandra_3_128kb.mp3 4:56

Thank you)
1:00 - there is "...панський вус стай такий зграбненький" I see "стай" and "зграбненький" and I hear "став" and "згибненький"
3:10 - "та кури собі, кури" the second "кури" is a bit distorted for some reason
and there aren't 5 seconds of silence at the end
HannaPonomarenko

pess wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 12:09 am 1:00 - there is "...панський вус стай такий зграбненький" I see "стай" and "зграбненький" and I hear "став" and "згибненький"
I considered "стай" as a typo. Do you know this word? If so, please tell me if the meaning is different from "став".
I see and hear "зграбненький". It's not quite clear so please clarify once again what do you see and hear?
3:10 - "та кури собі, кури" the second "кури" is a bit distorted for some reason
I agree and will repair this spot later.
and there aren't 5 seconds of silence at the end
Oh, this might be confusing. In the instructions we read:
Для кожної Секцiї за участю Вашого персонажа, будь ласка, робiть окремий файл. Залишайте приблизно 1 сек тишi на початку i наприкiнцi запису, а також 3 сек тишi помiж репликами, щоб editor-у було потiм зручно вставляти "вiдповiдi" iнших персонажей.

But for the future assembled files there is another requirement.
Please name final edited chapters with the following format: maskarad_01_pchilka_128kb.mp3 (Dramatis Personae will be numbered as "00".)
There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
So it's not an error.

New template for launching a new project makes it all easy to comprehend.

Thank you
Last edited by HannaPonomarenko on March 2nd, 2021, 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
HannaPonomarenko

pess wrote: March 1st, 2021, 11:45 pm
The pronunciation is totally not butchered :) it's all good, but you need add 2 more seconds of silence at the end of the recording
Well, my thought was the following. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Two other characters pronounce "домiнО", while this one says "дОмiно". Provided he alone said this word in his way, it could be ok, but in the given situation I want it to be the same. So there should be "домiнА".
Thank you)
HannaPonomarenko

Misha, please replace only дОмiна with домiнА and we'll be fine.
Thank you)
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

No problem, will do tomorrow. I should have checked a dictionary or listened to my gut feeling instead of trusting Google Translate. :roll:

Misha
pess

Post by pess »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 2:24 am I considered "стай" as a typo. Do you know this word? If so, please tell me if the meaning is different from "став".
I see and hear "зграбненький". It's not quite clear so please clarify once again what do you see and hear?
I thought "стай" was a stylistic choice at the time or some kind of a dialect, and I get a bit confused sometimes if we should keep it the same as text with it's neologisms or change them for actual words so I wasn't sure about "стай" and dont insist on it but I really don't hear "зграбненький" there.
Oh, this might be confusing. In the instructions we read:
Для кожної Секцiї за участю Вашого персонажа, будь ласка, робiть окремий файл. Залишайте приблизно 1 сек тишi на початку i наприкiнцi запису, а також 3 сек тишi помiж репликами, щоб editor-у було потiм зручно вставляти "вiдповiдi" iнших персонажей.

But for the future assembled files there is another requirement.
Please name final edited chapters with the following format: maskarad_01_pchilka_128kb.mp3 (Dramatis Personae will be numbered as "00".)
There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
So it's not an error.

New template for launching a new project makes it all easy to comprehend.

Thank you
Oh my mistake sorry. Wasn't really sure about that one either but thanks for clearing it up for me :)
pess

Post by pess »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 2:33 am
Well, my thought was the following. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Two other characters pronounce "домiнО", while this one says "дОмiно". Provided he alone said this word in his way, it could be ok, but in the given situation I want it to be the same. So there should be "домiнА".
Thank you)
I wasn't really sure about that one! The word is still preatty clear for understanding and I didn't think it was that big of a deal but I will note the importance of word accents for future recordings.
HannaPonomarenko

Kazbek wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 7:28 pm No problem, will do tomorrow. I should have checked a dictionary or listened to my gut feeling instead of trusting Google Translate. :roll:

Misha
Ok! I use this dictionary for Ukr words
https://goroh.pp.ua/%D0%A2%D0%BB%D1%83%D0%BC%D0%B0%D1%87%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8F/%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%96%D0%BD%D0%BE

Thank you)
HannaPonomarenko

pess wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 11:49 pm
I thought "стай" was a stylistic choice at the time or some kind of a dialect, and I get a bit confused sometimes if we should keep it the same as text with it's neologisms or change them for actual words so I wasn't sure about "стай" and dont insist on it
I agree, it's difficult. My approach (keeping in mind how poorly the text was typed) is the following: if the word looks like a typo and one can easily find a right word that makes sense, treat it like a typo. If it's imposible to find such a substitute, read it as is thinking of neologisms. Thus I exclude dialects, and I'm not familiar with them anyway)

Does this method make sense to you?
but I really don't hear "зграбненький" there.
Ok! I'll fix it soon.
Oh my mistake sorry. Wasn't really sure about that one either but thanks for clearing it up for me :)
You are very welcome)
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Ok, I redid the line and lengthened the silence. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/maskarad_prodavets_1_128kb.mp3 (0:18)

Misha