COMPLETE DR [Ukrainian] Маскарад by Олена Пчілка-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
pess

Post by pess »

Okay! they are all PL OK!
So!! nothing needs to be changed and we are oficially done with the narrator part :D Thank you so much, it was a pleasure to listen to :thumbs:

There was this confusing part right at the top of 57th page (4:28 in section 4), page 56 ends with an end of a sentense and then p.57 has a word "поривання." completely out of nowhere, so I think it's good you skipped it, it's most likely a typo of some sort!
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

pess wrote: May 6th, 2021, 2:24 pm
So!! nothing needs to be changed and we are oficially done with the narrator part :D Thank you so much, it was a pleasure to listen to :thumbs:

There was this confusing part right at the top of 57th page (4:28 in section 4), page 56 ends with an end of a sentense and then p.57 has a word "поривання." completely out of nowhere, so I think it's good you skipped it, it's most likely a typo of some sort!
It's so cool!!! Thank you both) :clap:

I also saw this confusing end of some sentence. I'm glad we skipped it) Some huge typographic error - mega typo :mrgreen:
becevka

Post by becevka »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: May 6th, 2021, 2:30 pm
pess wrote: May 6th, 2021, 2:24 pm

It's so cool!!! Thank you both) :clap:

I also saw this confusing end of some sentence. I'm glad we skipped it) Some huge typographic error - mega typo :mrgreen:
Thank you, Hanna and Ryna! I am so happy it's complete now.
Yup! That sentence, at the end of page 56, is a bit weird though. It has an omitted predicate and took me a while to read it more or less intelligibly.
Wolfgang Bas
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Попробую-ка я господаря, но просьба к DPL и к Ане -- безжалостно ругать москальский акцент, позориться не хочу!
Спасибо!
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
HannaPonomarenko

Большое спасибо, Марк! :9: У меня у самой такой же акцент, если что :D
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Here is Pan Gospodar:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/maskarad_gospodar_all_128kb.mp3
All sections together -- I could not figure out where sections end, sorry :oops:
But I am sure it's not going to be PL OK anyway, so I would separate them when get the feedback and explanations for slow ones :roll:
HannaPonomarenko

chulsky wrote: June 24th, 2021, 6:36 pm Here is Pan Gospodar:
All sections together -- I could not figure out where sections end, sorry :oops:
But I am sure it's not going to be PL OK anyway, so I would separate them when get the feedback and explanations for slow ones :roll:
Great! Thank you Mark :9:
I'll PL this step and the rest ones will be PLed by the DPL.
I enjoyed your acting :D Some fragments (like що?) a really immaculate!
I'll give you timesteps for dividing the recording into sections together with PL notes one of these days.
You are my hero :wink:
HannaPonomarenko

Wolfgang! We've got a miscolored line at the top of p.46. "додав пан... в другiй хатi..."
Could you please add it before 9:12 of your Sec 02?

I'll fix pdf somewhat later.

Thank you
HannaPonomarenko

Mark! Here are Sec 02 PL notes. I'll do the rest later.

In general Sec 02 has been acted well. Although I've commented on one (key for family relations) line below. You sound very sure of what you say (exept the word печеня) which gives a reader the needed impression :thumbs:

Time step -- I hear (Russian transcription) -- There should be (Russian transcription) -- Comment
00:00,5-- господАр -- госпОдарЬ -- my bad! I put modern version of this wordeverywhere, but now I see there should be the author's form with soft "р"
00:00,5-- ЧУлский -- ЧУльськый -- I hear your last name doesn't sound in Russian form (there is no soft "л") so I suggest Ukrainan form. It's up to you, of course
00:10-- печЭни -- пэчЭни -- This line means irritation, but every reader is free to read as they see their character.
00:16 -- Гани -- Ганни -- That's my name)
00:30-- у них збираются -- у ных збираються
00:40-- будут -- будуть
00:46-- кашлЯе -- кАшляе
00:49-- годыла -- ходыла
00:51-- скилка -- скилька
00:54-- загодывся -- заходывся
01:03-- няньки -- нянькы
01:11-- Гани -- Ганни
01:21-- чУдова -- чудОва
01:24-- пораспускаты -- пороспускаты
01:25-- слуг -- слуг -- укр глухой звук "г"
01:59-- передЯгтысь -- передягтЫсь
02:03-- укрАйиньському -- украйИньському
02:04-- ниЯково -- нИяково
02:04-- вИчир -- вЭчир
02:30-- мэни -- мэнэ
02:32-- ИвАновськых -- ИванОвськых -- I had given this word a somewhat double-stress before, which I reckon is ok.
02:36-- найбилше -- найбильше
02:38-- пересыдижся -- пересыдышся
02:38-- з вэчОра -- з вЭчора
02:42 end of Sec 2

I haven't understand your phrase about "explanations for slow ones", but maybe I will later.

Thank you very much!
HannaPonomarenko

Ryna! Here is the process of PLing of Mark's and maybe other non-Ukr speaking readers' sections.
1 I PL paying attention at pronunciation (and maybe acting that effects the meaning) and give PL notes. Rough PL.
2 You PL anew those sections and give your PL notes, using mine as a reference in cases you need. Final PL, PL that you usually do.

It seems to be a double check, but I want to make your load closer to usual one in the case we had a Ukr speaking reader. Moreover, you seem to have more authority for me in Ukr then myself :D
Hope that makes sense.
pess

Post by pess »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: June 25th, 2021, 5:52 pm Ryna! Here is the process of PLing of Mark's and maybe other non-Ukr speaking readers' sections.
1 I PL paying attention at pronunciation (and maybe acting that effects the meaning) and give PL notes. Rough PL.
2 You PL anew those sections and give your PL notes, using mine as a reference in cases you need. Final PL, PL that you usually do.

It seems to be a double check, but I want to make your load closer to usual one in the case we had a Ukr speaking reader. Moreover, you seem to have more authority for me in Ukr then myself :D
Hope that makes sense.
It makes perfect sense!! I'll try my best, thanks!! :D
HannaPonomarenko

So I've PLed the rest and can hear your progress. You really did a great job.
Sec 05 PL notes:
Time step -- I hear (Russian transcription) -- There should be (Russian transcription) -- Comment

02:51-- пылнуешь --пыльнуеш --"ш" here is hard like in "шарик", unlike in "дуешь"
03:16-- end of Sec 5

Sec 06 PL notes:
03:21-- спИтэ -- спытЭ
03:35-- досЫ -- дОсы
03:37-- увэс час сидыла -- увэсь час сыдила -- "д" should be softer like in word "дикий"

Thank you very much Mark! I'm so glad I dared to invite you, your пан Господарь sounds very well :)
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Fixing Pan Gospodar:
All sections still together. I used your feedback, hopefully did not mess up. I still think there would be a feedback, so I did not divide the sections.

BTW, the "slow ones" -- это примерно "тормоза", так кажется в последние годы стали называть туповатых.
I hear your last name doesn't sound in Russian form (there is no soft "л") so I suggest Ukrainian form.
Actually you are quite right, it should be soft, see my signature, but I think our family is losing it. There is no soft "L" in English.
HannaPonomarenko

chulsky wrote: July 17th, 2021, 6:32 pm Fixing Pan Gospodar:
All sections still together. I used your feedback, hopefully did not mess up. I still think there would be a feedback, so I did not divide the sections.
Cool! Ryna will PL it anew.
BTW, the "slow ones" -- это примерно "тормоза", так кажется в последние годы стали называть туповатых.
I hear your last name doesn't sound in Russian form (there is no soft "л") so I suggest Ukrainian form.
Actually you are quite right, it should be soft, see my signature, but I think our family is losing it. There is no soft "L" in English.
Now, both points are clear for me))

Thank you!